Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introducing Mrs to Smartphone

Options
  • 08-08-2015 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

After badgering the Mrs for ages she's finally agreed to go the Smartphone route :eek:. She has been a PAYG with meteor for years and would mainly use it for text with fairly minimal amount of calls.

Main requirements given to me are:
    • compact - small screen
    • not complicated
    • basic camera
    • decent battery
    • not loads of apps - basic Interest access (Google)

Called to Meteor shop with my list today and lady recommended Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 lite and told me it had an "Easy" option which effectively dumbed it down (not something I'd mention to wife :))

Just wondering if people consider this a good entry level phone and also where to get a good basic package for using Google etc?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Even the Galaxy S4 has an option for "easy mode" that hides away all the complicated stuff and makes it very basic with big lager icons.

Any smart phone you are looking at charging it every day unless you are a lihht user of the top end phones, I get 2.5 days from my HTC M8 because I turn off data when I'm not using it and makes sure there are no apps running behind the scenes that I don't need.

Samsungs do come with alot of extra bloatware installed as standard. The most of any Android manufacturer.

I'd go for a Huawei Assend Y550. Very good entry level smart phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

thanks very much Captian - I appreciate that.

Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

That huawei model slows down terribly after some use i would avoid it,the trend 2 is not bad or the galaxy core,other than that i would wait for the 3rd gen moto G,might be a bit big though for her.

Thanks Jimmy - all info gratefully received :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The original Moto G sounds like what you're looking for in all honesty.

• Advertisement

Thnaks FourFourFM - decision by wife imminent ;)

Advertisement