Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems insuring an Irish reg car in the UK

Options
  • 08-08-2015 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I'm driving an Irish registered car and looking to insure it in the UK, I'm told that I need the badge? of the car in the UK.... What I understand to be the difficulty after having spoken to Nissan customer service both in the UK and Ireland, is that my car, a 2006 Nissan Almera 1.5 4DR SXE is not available in the UK and the insurers need the UK equivalent of this model in order to insure it.

Has anybody had this issue here before? Id be really grateful for any help pointing me in the right direction to find this out.

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wickan

Give https://www.adrianflux.co.uk a go they insured me on my Irish focus for a year when I moved over no trouble with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 vince-sebastian

Thank you very much wickan,

I really appreciate the advice on this...

I've given them a call right now, just on hold while they confirm rates... there was still confusion as to the model of the car im looking to insure however.

They had to manually input the information, that was new as everyone else I called was 'its not in the drop down menu here, we cant do it, and we cant find the UK equivalent'.

Ill let you know how it goes when the phone call is over, but I'm still hoping to find a way to confirm what the UK equivalent of my car is to make life much easier and potentially make it possible to insure if this doesnt work out.

Thank you very much wickan, I really appreciate the advice on this...

I've just given them a call right now... there was still confusion as to the model of the car im looking to insure however.

They had to manually input the information, that was new as everyone else I called was 'its not in the drop down menu here, we cant do it, and we cant find the UK equivalent'... Progress!

However, with the information at hand they were able to quote me more than double what I have found elsewhere... But im not able to finalise anything elsewhere without the exact UK equivalent of the Irish 4DR 1.5L SXE.... Its hope, but crazy expensive hope. The quest to figure out how to figure out what the base model of Almera was in the UK in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Almera saloon was dropped from UK years ago, the hatchback had different trim level names than we had here. I think over there they had the entry level S, the SV, SX and top spec SVE. Your saloon SXE would probably be similar to their hatchback SV.

Thank you very much Bazz, gettin closer for sure! Ill try and ask if theyll accept a hatchback SV as an equivalent but im not sure they would accept it unless I was able to tell them that it was definitively the equivalent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saloon almera was offered in the UK up till 06.
    Only Facelift 1.5 saloon was the SE
    Nobody bought them though

Right, thank you Colm... Do you think I aught to tell them to insure me as an SE Saloon from the UK with an 06 date of manufacture?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Advertisement