Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea - Swansea Match Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

x43r0 wrote: »
    Williams f'in clattered Hazard there!

Nope Williams stood there and hazard hit the ball past him and then ran into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Very good performance from the Swans,they deserved there point. Chelsea have regressed and next up City away,not a fixture you'd want too have to get your first win on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

cson wrote: »
    Terry should have been booked for his tantrum there at the end.

What where all the Chelsea players upset about anyway ? Oliver was brilliant today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Fair result and very impressed with Swansea.

Biggest concern from a Chelsea viewpoint today was Ivanovic's performance. He can switch off at times in games and his positioning can be a bit suspect at times, but that was dire all game from him. Biggest problem of all is the other right back option is playing at left back and the cover for him was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

the_monkey wrote: »
    Joke
    Bye bye league Allready 5 behind city

this routine is old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Chelsea have it in their locker to spend 100mil plus over the next month or so and they might need to if they are to challenge Arsenal who would be my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Redknapp didn't think it was a red card. He actually didnt seem to understand the rule. Its denying a clear goal scoring opportunity if he wasn't fouled, not the opportunity the player has after he's fouled. It seems if the ball doesn't go exactly towards goal pundits think it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Corholio wrote: »
    Redknapp didn't think it was a red card. He actually didnt seem to understand the rule. Its denying a clear goal scoring opportunity if he wasn't fouled, not the opportunity the player has after he's fouled. It seems if the ball doesn't go exactly towards goal pundits think it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity.

Serious question. Is there any chance the red card was for violent conduct? Courtois caught him knee high, if a defender did that it would be a red and a 3 game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Benimar wrote: »
    Serious question. Is there any chance the red card was for violent conduct? Courtois caught him knee high, if a defender did that it would be a red and a 3 game ban.

Ya they actually queried that as well, but Redknapp didn't think it was violent conduct either :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Chelsea don't look as good when you have both Oscar and Fabregas in the lineup. They need somebody else to play deeper with Matic and let Fabregas control the tempo in the final third which is where he excels imo.

Also I have thought since late last season that Ivanovic is nearing the end of his time at Chelsea. I don't think he has been the same player for probably the last three months of last season and he just didn't look great to me today. He seems to have lost the bit of pace he had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

is this a poorly disguised dig at Hazard?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33837212
    The Blues, who had keeper Thibaut Courtois sent off, were down to nine men for a period after staff ran on to treat Hazard following a trip, despite him not appearing to be badly injured.

Physio just doing his job? kinda watched the match and didnt notice this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

dreamers75 wrote: »
    is this a poorly disguised dig at Hazard?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33837212

Physio just doing his job? kinda watched the match and didnt notice this.

The camera on sky sports focused on Mourinho telling either him or the physio to **** off at the time, it was definitely a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

The camera on sky sports focused on Mourinho telling either him or the physio to **** off at the time, it was definitely a thing.

If was the physios, he confirmed in the interview after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Chelsea don't look as good when you have both Oscar and Fabregas in the lineup. They need somebody else to play deeper with Matic and let Fabregas control the tempo in the final third which is where he excels imo.

Also I have thought since late last season that Ivanovic is nearing the end of his time at Chelsea. I don't think he has been the same player for probably the last three months of last season and he just didn't look great to me today. He seems to have lost the bit of pace he had.

It's definitely the opposite, we're far worse with non-fab in the middle.

Advertisement