Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennabling boradband on old line

Options
  • 08-08-2015 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi

I have a holiday house & I am looking at options for broadband. As we only occupy for some of the year I have been trying to use a pre pay 3G connection, but am not getting consistent speeds.

The house has a phone line (or at least a phone socket on the wall), but has never had an active phone service since I have owned it, so I do not know what phone number it would have been on when it was active.

Is there a way to test the line to find out if it will take a DSL broadband service?

Also are there good value basic packages available for broadband only (I dont need a phone or tv service)? Ideally I woudl like a service that I could activate on demand for about a month at a time and am not paying for otherwise, but if that s not possible a monthly fee may prove cost effective if it is low enough

Just explorign options ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tombrown wrote: »
    Hi

I have a holiday house & I am looking at options for broadband. As we only occupy for some of the year I have been trying to use a pre pay 3G connection, but am not getting consistent speeds.

The house has a phone line (or at least a phone socket on the wall), but has never had an active phone service since I have owned it, so I do not know what phone number it would have been on when it was active.

Is there a way to test the line to find out if it will take a DSL broadband service?

Also are there good value basic packages available for broadband only (I dont need a phone or tv service)? Ideally I woudl like a service that I could activate on demand for about a month at a time and am not paying for otherwise, but if that s not possible a monthly fee may prove cost effective if it is low enough

Just explorign options ...
    Hi tombrown

Unfortunately there are no packages for broadband that to not contain a minimum 12 month contract period. Cancelling within this period will unfortunately create an early cease fee.

A solo broadband package is €45 per month. In some cases where the line has recently been active I can see what speeds it may be able to hold, feel free to PM me any information about this line (address, name of last account holders, old number etc.) and I will see if I can offer you an indication of what speeds to expect.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement