Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delayed luggage for 9 days.. rights?

Options
  • 08-08-2015 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

I travelled to Uganda in July to do volunteering in a school. Luggage didn't arrive in Uganda and was told it would come the next day. Fine. But ... I rang day after day after day ... Luggage arrived the night before going home. I told them everyday that I phoned that I needed my medication. Most unhelpful. Ran up a phone bill of 500 euro ringing them everyday. I had no medication, all the materials I brought for the school obviously didn't arrive etc. Awful two weeks. They're not bothered responding to my strong e mail demanding proper compensation to cover phone calls, ruined trip etc. They gave me 120 $ for the inconvenience of having no luggage for first three days - that's it. What should I do? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What does your travel insurance say?

Who did you book with? An airline or a travel agent? Did you check their terms and conditions for lost/delayed luggage?

Interesting article here which may be of use.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/columnists/sophiebutler/10935421/Delayed-airport-luggage-your-rights.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Paulw wrote: »
    What does your travel insurance say?

Who did you book with? An airline or a travel agent? Did you check their terms and conditions for lost/delayed luggage?

Hi Paulw
    Thank you for your msg.
    I've gone through the insurance doc and no mention of delayed luggage, unless I'm missing a page. I booked on ebookers. I'm not out to 'make money' - just want them to acknowledge their fault and cover costs incurred. Etihad is the company I'm dealing with. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Travel insurance usually has a section for delayed/lost luggage.

Just make sure you have receipts and documentation for everything.

You will need to fill out their claim form too.
    http://sixvision.net/baggage/form-english.html

Paulw wrote: »
    Travel insurance usually has a section for delayed/lost luggage.

Just make sure you have receipts and documentation for everything.

You will need to fill out their claim form too.
    http://sixvision.net/baggage/form-english.html

Paulw ... you're very good! Thanks a million! I'm at the end of my tether dealing with them and asking around, so I appreciate your help! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

it is never recommended that you place medications in your checked bags, in fact, most airlines will not pay out for any valuables so I wouldn't be looking to claim for them.

You also need to be aware that the $120 already paid, may be factored in to any claim.

• Advertisement

it is never recommended that you place medications in your checked bags, in fact, most airlines will not pay out for any valuables so I wouldn't be looking to claim for them.

You also need to be aware that the $120 already paid, may be factored in to any claim.

It's the fact that they IGNORED the urgency of the bag being delivered. That's why I'm so annoyed. I rang everyday and they just fobbed me off. The bag was in Abu Dhabi for almost two weeks. They clearly don't give a Damn about their customers

Advertisement