Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop battery instantly goes to 100% when plugged in, but is stuck on 23% when out

Options
  • 08-08-2015 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

Any ideas what the problem is? Will I just buy a new battery?

It's a Toshiba Satellite c50a1ck if that matters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Will I just buy a new battery?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

Any ideas what the problem is? Will I just buy a new battery?

It's a Toshiba Satellite c50a1ck if that matters.

If you're ordering enough other stuff to get the free delivery, then I'd definitely consider trying a replacement battery for under €20. But that's almost too cheap for a replacement battery - it would make me just a little suspicious.

(I also note that Amazon says that the Item can be delivered to Ireland, but the item description says PLEASE NOTE : We do NOT ship batteries to NI or Channel islands - so you might not even be able to get it at that price here in Ireland.)

It might be worth asking around family and friends to see if anyone else has a Toshiba laptop, and if you can do a quick battery swap - with a little luck, you'll be able to confirm that it's a problem with the battery (and your laptop won't damage their battery in the same way that your battery is damaged :) ).

Advertisement