Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrepid and G Adventures-Tibet

• 09-08-2015 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Does anyone know if tours have resumed with the above tour companies to Tibet for. August, Sept. Oct... It is very unclear and vague. I am constantly talking to trail finders but can never get a definite confirmation that these tours are back since Nepal earthquake. Am being told same storey since late June.
    Want to go early October 2015.am wondering whether to chance booking... Any advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I can't give you specific advice for the current situation but the situation with Tibet is always fluid. I had arranged to go there from Chengdu in 2013 and the border was closed without explanation two days before we left. Luckily I'd booked the trip in China so got a refund without issue. The other issue is that you'll pay considerably less to organise it from China, if you have time.

The border is currently open though and most places are accessible, apart from the area near the border with Nepal.

Have you contacted Intrepid or G Adventures directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

Thanks for advice. Yep I have emailed , just waiting on a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Thanks for advice. Yep I have emailed , just waiting on a response.

Hey , Just wondering did they respond to your email ?

Cheers

Advertisement