Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing schools - how to do this in Summer Holiday!

Options
  • 09-08-2015 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I hope I have posted in the correct forum so apologies if that is not the case. I wondered if anyone has been faced with the dilemma of moving their child to another school and with only weeks to the start of the new school year. For various reasons, my daughter has now said she wishes she had chosen the secondary school to which the majority of her friends went. She has just completed a really good 1st year but to be honest she has never felt comfortable at the school. I think it is mainly because it is not her local and whilst she has done really well in her tests etc, she has never really bonded with a best friend as she is quite shy. Now we are faced with the headache of trying to sort this out in a matter of weeks and wondered how to go about it during the summer holidays. most appreciated. I suppose if she is to move then now is the time as she will be going into 2nd year. I think looking at all the various factors, moving to the school she would like to attend is going to be the best option. Any advise would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Most principals would be back by now (99.9% anyway!) so the best thing to do is to call the school you would like her to go to directly and explain the situation. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tradluv

Thank you highly1111, I shall let you know how I get on.

Advertisement