Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help

Options
  • 09-08-2015 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to cross the Liffey on foot this morning? The only info I can find is for motorists.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,562 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Kev W wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to cross the Liffey on foot this morning? The only info I can find is for motorists.

????

Plenty of pedestrian bridges. Is there something on that bridges are closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

????

Plenty of pedestrian bridges. Is there something on that bridges are closed?

All I could find was "all bridges are closed" followed by advice for motorists to use the M50. No mention of pedestrian bridges one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

No. You'll have to walk across the M50 unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

From what I can gather, they're totally closed off for the Ironman competition, until 10am.

Perhaps you could cross down by Custom House or up on Ormonde Quay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

http://www.theaa.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Dublin.aspx

Have a look here OP seems there designated crossing points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

So it turns out they were just letting people cross when there were gaps in the cyclists. Thanks to those who tried to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 UrFhasaidh

It was the same when the Queen was visiting.

Advertisement