Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile offer to partner

Options
  • 09-08-2015 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

My partner signed up for eMobile in a store in our local area a few days ago. It was an upgrade to our existing fibre and TV bundle and he got a free iPhone 5c with the unlimited deal.
    The man selling him the package asked him if anyone else in the household would be interested in being "added to the bundle" for an extra €12 per month (presumably for the first 6 months like his own offer). 
    OH told him he'd discuss it with me, and I couldn't find any information about it online. Is there an offer like this, and is it the same mobile bundle that is offered (ie the unlimited one)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

if that is the price, then its fecking marvellous. 12 quid a month far outweighs most bill pays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

if that is the price, then its fecking marvellous. 12 quid a month far outweighs most bill pays
    I said the same to OH, sounds too good to be true! He was quoted €24 for the first 6 months for his own, and that it only went up to €34 after that (the website says €39, but that's as a standalone package). He said the man explained that a second bill phone in the same household was roughly half of the original bill (it would make sense - we live together and both paying for unlimited usage with calls and texts would be downright silly since 9/10 times we are ringing the same family members!)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

i'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread as i have a phone with vodafone, and my mum has just got the emobile deal free for 6 months on our bundle, but no one said anything about that deal for an added person to the bundle

Anything to report on this, Eircom? I'd be very interested if the salesman was truthful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    My partner signed up for eMobile in a store in our local area a few days ago. It was an upgrade to our existing fibre and TV bundle and he got a free iPhone 5c with the unlimited deal.
    The man selling him the package asked him if anyone else in the household would be interested in being "added to the bundle" for an extra €12 per month (presumably for the first 6 months like his own offer). 
    OH told him he'd discuss it with me, and I couldn't find any information about it online. Is there an offer like this, and is it the same mobile bundle that is offered (ie the unlimited one)?
    Hi ShaShaBear

Apologies for the delays in responding,

Please PM me your eircom account number and I'll look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi ShaShaBear

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent, Alan!

Hi ShaShaBear

Thanks
    Al

Pm sent,  Alan!
    Thank you ShaShaBear :)

I have escalated this for investigation by our accounts and mobile offers team. I should have a full update within 24 hours although I will get back to you as soon as I do.

Thanks
    Al

I have escalated this for investigation by our accounts and mobile offers team. I should have a full update within 24 hours although I will get back to you as soon as I do.

Thanks
    Al

Any update?

Thanks
    Al

Any update?
    Hi ShaShaBear

Thanks for you PM,

I have had confirmation from our sales team (which included managers) that there is no unlimited plan available for €12 per month - not even one for the first 6 months at €12 I'm afraid. To add another unlimited plan to the account is €24 per month for the first six months and the €39 there after with a 24 month contract. There is indeed a sim only plan for €24 per month on a 30 day contract basis.

I am genuinely sorry that I can't offer you better news. The Emobile stores can offer a variety of different promotions but we will be unable to confirm that exactly that one was. The best advice I can offer you is to go back to the Emobile store and ask the rep to put it in writing before committing to anything they offer

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement