Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water query

Options
  • 09-08-2015 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Hi

I moved to another house where we have to pull down a thread in order to get warm shower. The landlord mentioned to turn off this thread after shower. But most of the time I forget to turn it off. Does it keep the hot water warm all night if I leave it on? Would it effect on electricity bill?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Hi

I moved to another house where we have to pull down a thread in order to get warm shower. The landlord mentioned to turn off this thread after shower. But most of the time I forget to turn it off. Does it keep the hot water warm all night if I leave it on? Would it effect on electricity bill?

Thanks

Nope just an isolation switch for shower

I assume it's an electric shower, noisy etc

U can leave it on if u wish, most of those are left on in the country. See little point in isolating power from the shower when ur not in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes first I have to turn this thread (small red light appear on ceiling) and later turn on electric shower (big orange light on hot water machine mounted onto the wall).

Thanks for help
    P_Cash wrote: »
    Nope just an isolation switch for shower

I assume it's an electric shower, noisy etc

U can leave it on if u wish, most of those are left on in the country. See little point in isolating power from the shower when ur not in it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is there just one shower in the property ? In cases where 2 electric showers are fitted there will be an interlock contactor ensuring only one shower can operate at a time. If that's the case then pulling the cord to OFF may be necessary to release the interlock allowing the other shower to be used.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

No, there are 2 showers.

Yes, i noticed it recently that other shower wont start unless cord is off in other shower.

Thanks for updating me.
    ZENER wrote: »
    Is there just one shower in the property ? In cases where 2 electric showers are fitted there will be an interlock contactor ensuring only one shower can operate at a time. If that's the case then pulling the cord to OFF may be necessary to release the interlock allowing the other shower to be used.

Ken

Advertisement