Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting back at it.

• 09-08-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I kept a log here a while back but a lack of running the past two years has left me with little to update. As the title suggests I am back running most days and id like to keep track.

Pbs 5k 17:36
    5m 28:52
    10k 36:04
    1/2 1:22 I think
    Marathon 2:55:35

I ran Dublin in 2013 and barely ran a step for the next two years, Xmas this year was the turning point when I stood on the scales 2 stone overweight I went for a run the next day and I could have cried when I could just about hold 9:30 pace.

I've built up to 20 - 40 miles per week with very little speedwork just easy running and a long run of 10 miles. I ran a parkrun about 6 weeks ago and ran 19:39, yesterday I ran the same parkrun in 17:36 which I was pleasantly surprised by. I'm living in London and joined a club here two weeks ago so i think the 2 sessions I have done have brought about the improvement. Aim for the next few weeks is to run 16:5x

Sun 12m @7:11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Mon 5m @7:32

Tues track session with the club, 8x600 with 400 recovery all done between 1:56 and 1:59. A good session and the reason I joined a club as I would have bailed if on my own.

Wed 5m @8:30

Thurs 6m total 1 mile easy 4m tempo@6:11 and 1m easy.

Out the next two nights so not sure how much running will be done... Have hills planned for Saturday afternoon and a long run on Sunday so if I can do both those I will be happy.

Fri off
    Sat 5 or 6 miles very easy, no garmin
    Sun 13m@7:12 bit hungover doing this but felt really good

Mon 10k easy @7:18
    Tues track with the club 1.5m run down to track and then 8x300 with 200 recovery. All reps were between 50 and 56 seconds I was down on my hands and knees after this but it felt good and can only bring me on.

Advertisement