Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child minding rates

• 09-08-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am wondering what is the hourly rate of pay for a childminders? I will have someone for 4 hours in afternoon for 2 children.I live in the countryside.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

ollieelfie wrote: »
    I am wondering what is the hourly rate of pay for a childminders? I will have someone for 4 hours in afternoon for 2 children.I live in the countryside.

There's nothing really definite about an amount. You should go on the parenting forum and ask what others are charging/paying in similar circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

ollieelfie wrote: »

€8.65 an hour is the minimum wage for anyone over 18, this will probably be increased by 0.50 cent on the 1st. January 2016.

It is best to for everyone to keep tax affairs in order in these matters. Also talk to your insurance company regarding same.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Xenophile wrote: »
    €8.65 an hour is the minimum wage for anyone over 18, this will probably be increased by 0.50 cent on the 1st. January 2016.

It is best to for everyone to keep tax affairs in order in these matters. Also talk to your insurance company regarding same.

Working as a childminder in your own home is not subject to min. wage laws

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Stheno wrote: »
    Working as a childminder in your own home is not subject to min. wage laws

For peace of mind double check with the local Revenue Office or Citizens Information.

Revenue will quote you chapter and verse on an issue such as this.

Your insurance company will tell you quite clearly what you need to be covered for!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement