Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm panel clicking

Options
  • 09-08-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Hope somebody can help me out.
    Parents have a hkc alarm unsure of model dont have engineer access as all i get is system arming when i put in the code, think it was installed about 3years ago like everyone else its connected to eircom for text which are now gone

Problem now is it went off the other day while my mother was out in the back she never heard the bell etc it dialled out i think to my sisters mobile number 3 times and kept ringing her first question what is this called?

About 20min ago i was doing something in the hall where the panel is and i can here a relay clicking every 30seconds id say just wondering what this is as i lost wifi in the house and it didnt come back for about ten minutes

Can i just remove the cable going to the phone line as the installer only took it from the connection box inside the back window

Looking for info really lads as the original installer cant be contacted anymore:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If it's clicking then it's trying to dial out. Any faults on the keypad? Is the Fault or Alarm light on?

Do you have the engineer code? If not, try 04567 and then the User Code to see if you can remove the numbers. You are betteroffg not cutting the line to the panel as the installer may have installed line sezure.

Advertisement