Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Pistol in School

Options
  • 09-08-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I know a guy in 3rd year in an all boys boarding school.
    All his friends brought in their air soft guns and were messing around shooting each other.
    One of the boys got their gun confiscated when he shot someone who tried to steal his stuff.
    Does the shooter have any right to get his gun back ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Anyone dumb enough to shoot another person with an airsoft gun should not be in the possession of an airsoft gun. I was shot in my eye as a child and still run a high risk of going blind and needing my eye removed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Were the police called and is the gun with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DennyMoriarty

No, the police were not called.
    @xLisabx if you were approached by a 110kg 6ft 18 year old bully when you were a small 16 year old what would you have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Absolutely not highly likely he could be charged with brandishing a firearm in a public place .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

@xLisabx if you were approached by a 110kg 6ft 18 year old bully when you were a small 16 year old what would you have done?

No idea what point you're trying to make.

But using a toy gun on the bully certainly isnt going to help.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Clan Airsoft Galway

It is against the law to Brandish an Airsoft Gun in public or a private school even your back yard, they have no licence, No insurance, The only place an Airsoft Gun can be used is in an Airsoft Facility.
    Not only can the Boy that shot the other boy with the gun get expelled from school he could find himself in front of a judge, And if that boy that got shoot takes the incident to his parents or police that school will also be in some serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

No, the police were not called.
    Very little. I was bullied for years and years in school and I didn't do much about it. Both physically and mentally. You're not the only person who had it tough in school, no need to use a firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

1; The Garda should be informed of the incident by the school.
    2; All the pupils that brought airsoft devices onto school grounds should be suspended.
    3; All airsoft devices should have been confiscated and turned over to the Garda.
    4; All pupils that brought airsoft devices onto school grounds should get an almighty kick up the h##e.

Advertisement