Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

injured (stray?) cat

• 09-08-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30

First off we don't own this cat (or any cat) but this one has been hanging around our garden for years. From our back wall she can see into different gardens and sometimes she chooses ours but sometimes not :rolleyes:. We’ve never been able to find out if she’s a stray or belongs to someone. We don’t even know if she is male or female (but we’ve guessed female). One the one hand she’s very nervous and doesn’t tolerate being stroked and never ever attempts to come in the house but on the other hand she has a good shiny coat and looks in very good condition.
    In any case, she turned up last week with an injured back leg. She was holding it up and very clearly in distress but before I got to figure out what to do, she was gone. We haven’t seen her all week but she showed up again today. Still limping but not as bad. Her paw hasn’t been shaven so to me it looks like she hasn’t been to the vet. I could be wrong on that.

She definitely could not be coaxed into a cat box but even if I capture her in a blanket, I’ve no idea what to do next. What is the best thing to do for her?

We live in north county Dublin. I don’t know any of the vets in the area. My husband is worried about the cost and legality of taking someone elses cat to the vet. Is there a cat rescue that I can contact and would they help?
    Many thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Step 1) Contact rescue and ask for a TNR cage
    Step 2) Bring to a vet for assessment; this would normally cost you less than 100 EUR and most likely will get it cleaned up, a shot of antibiotics and general health check

Legality is simple; the cat is wounded and you took care of the cat; even if it would be have to be put down that's a vet decision which they have the right to make if she's in bad enough condition to avoid animal cruelty (which is very very unlikely but only putting it out there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

lokii wrote: »
    First off we don't own this cat (or any cat) but this one has been hanging around our garden for years. From our back wall she can see into different gardens and sometimes she chooses ours but sometimes not :rolleyes:. We’ve never been able to find out if she’s a stray or belongs to someone. We don’t even know if she is male or female (but we’ve guessed female). One the one hand she’s very nervous and doesn’t tolerate being stroked and never ever attempts to come in the house but on the other hand she has a good shiny coat and looks in very good condition.
    In any case, she turned up last week with an injured back leg. She was holding it up and very clearly in distress but before I got to figure out what to do, she was gone. We haven’t seen her all week but she showed up again today. Still limping but not as bad. Her paw hasn’t been shaven so to me it looks like she hasn’t been to the vet. I could be wrong on that.

She definitely could not be coaxed into a cat box but even if I capture her in a blanket, I’ve no idea what to do next. What is the best thing to do for her?

We live in north county Dublin. I don’t know any of the vets in the area. My husband is worried about the cost and legality of taking someone elses cat to the vet. Is there a cat rescue that I can contact and would they help?
    Many thanks.

I found an injured cat on Saturday, hiding under a neighbours car, her leg was obviously broken as she was dragging it along. We rang the DSPCA but they don't have an emergency service at the weekend, so I rang the local vet who said to bring her up. There was no charge as she wasn't my cat. I'm hoping she has a chip but highly doubtful. Not sure what the vet will do for her without an owner but I couldn't leave her under a car injured.

Contact your local vet, you'll find the number if you google it, see what they say.

Advertisement