Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are humans trapped in a system?

Options
  • 09-08-2015 4:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

For the past few years, I've been having anxiety attacks.
    I live in the countryside, I love the countryside.
    I love my life and am grateful for it, except for one thing...
    I've been born into this world where everything is based on two things.
    1. Employment/Money and 2. Governments and rules etc.
    I may be showing signs of insanity, but I as a human being, a very special animal in my opinion, believe that the life I have been (without approval) born into is one big lie.
    I believe that I as a human being, unlike all other animals, have no freedom.
    You can't have rules and regulations and complete freedom in the same sentence.
    The reason I believe I don't have freedom is because one minute I didn't exist, and the next thing I know is I am "travelling through a tunnel" into this world which has already been dominated by a group of people who, centuries ago said "Hey, we're the government and we control everything".

Please believe me, I'm not "trolling" or being silly on purpose or anything when I say this.

But I want to declare myself 100% free from money, taxes, governments, rules and regulations etc...
    Now, I'm not suggesting that I should be allowed to freely run around shooting people.
    These rules and regulations are supposed to protect the lives of everyone. But in my opinion, oppressing people with debt and mortgages etc is not protecting lives.
    I would like to note that I am not in any financial crisis.

I would like to ask, is it possible for me to declare myself a proper human? Like, not a human that's inside this system of money?

I'm probably mentally disturbed but please pay respect to me.
    I would also like to note that I am fully Irish and not a migrant. Not that there's anything wrong with those fellas except that they swarm in, get free houses, 3 meals a day and pocket money every week.

Oh and another thing. I want to own my land without people breeding down my neck wanting tax for it. Is that possible?
    Am I obliged to participate in this evil system?

One more note. I'd consider myself a Conservative if that has anything to do with it.
    Also, I want to adorn and use everything our fellow humans have invented.
    The thing I mainly want to point out is, there is a lot of greed in this world.
    It's all run on money. It would make more sense if our currency was something consumable, e.g. seeds or bread or cake or wine etc.

Do you really want to be a part of this system that has, throughout history, abused the Third World for its own progress? It wouldn't be necessary to steal money (in a way) off of the Third World in order to develop things if only people weren't so greedy and just contributed the materials necessary to develop things.

Do you agree or disagree with me? Please do not close this thread because you think I'm trying to act stupid or retarded on purpose.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Take the Red Pill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Dry Rain

Gatling wrote: »
    Take the Red Pill

Please read the whole post. I am not talking about our lives really being a simulation on a computer. I'm talking about this whole system of governments and money and greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Money is just a rationing system. Without infinite resources, by getting rid of one rationing system you'd be replacing it with another.

Get rid of goverment and you'd replace it with the guy who could take as much as he can by force.

Money isn't the cause of greed. That's just people who want more.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dry Rain wrote: »

taxes, governments, rules and regulations etc...

get enough money and you will be free of all those things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Please read the whole post. I am not talking about our lives really being a simulation on a computer. I'm talking about this whole system of governments and money and greed.

It's AH...

Burn your house,

Take all blue pills, the system demands it. Life it a rat race, make the most it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You're part of a community . That's what your taxes contribute to.
    If you want to live off line build a shack in the hills,grow cabbages and hunt rabbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You want to have a cake and eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Thinks will be ok tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

And the moral is... never post when still suffering from the night before folks :p

But no OP, I'm afraid you're stuck with the "system" unless you want to go live in a shack in the woods somewhere. The "migrant" bit of your post will probably get this thread locked shortly anyway

kneemos wrote: »
    You're part of a community .

That's the thing. Our early ancestors where fine without communities like ours and governments like ours and other **** like ours.

• Advertisement

That's the thing. Our early ancestors where fine without communities like ours and governments like ours and other **** like ours.

We have always had communities and social orders. Even early man had a community of sorts

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The "migrant" bit of your post will probably get this thread locked shortly anyway

Why?

It's actually true what I have said. I mean no offense to any migrant that might be reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Play along with the system until you get sufficient funds to walk away

and they were dead at 35

And they died in droves. About half their kids died before adulthood, they died when they cut their hands and got infected, they died in childbirth, they were killed by animals and each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

We're caught in a trap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You need to look at things in reverse and appreciate what you receive from the community.

We're caught in a trap

I can't walk out.

And they died in droves. About half their kids died before adulthood, they died when they cut their hands and got infected, they died in childbirth, they were killed by animals and each other.

I don't think he cares who lives or dies in his twisted fantasy

I can't walk out.

Because I love you too much, baby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I can't walk out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,980 ✭✭✭✭bnt

100-200 years ago, you could emigrate to the USA and make a new life there. No immigration formalities of any sort. Plenty of good land going spare, if you wanted to go in to farming: find a plot on the outskirts of town, stake out a claim, and get to work. There was always the call of the Wild West, the Frontier where anything was possible.

Now, there's no more frontier, no more unclaimed land anywhere you'd want to live. It's all owned by someone, all needed for something. There are still people who will stop on a piece of land and exploit it, and we call them "travellers" in this country. Why is the world "full"? Because there are too many people on it, that's why.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OP what age are you?

Our earliest ancestors lived in communities and formed systems of government like ours and indeed, other shìt like ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

In the ghetto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I came to this country with one euro in my pocket.

I now own a shopping trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,318 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yes, it's called Democracy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I presume you work? And never need to visit hospitals or use roads or any other services your taxes pay for?

We've always had to work to live, every animal has to. Turning our excess labour past feeding and housing ourselves into currency that be used to buy and do anything you want is possibly the most enabling thing that has ever happened to the common man.

This is exactly my problem with this world. Greed.

This is the current, greed filled world:
    Builder: Hey, I need X amount of Y to build this road.
    Miner guy (or something): Ok, that will be €XXXX.XX

This is what the world should be like:
    Builder: Hey, I want to build a road for the community. I need X amount of Y.
    Miner guy: Ok, where do you want the materials delivered?

Certain people take natural resources and only share it for **** called money.

This is exactly my problem with this world. Greed.

This is the current, greed filled world:
    Builder: Hey, I need X amount of Y to build this road.
    Miner guy (or something): Ok, that will be €XXXX.XX

This is what the world should be like:
    Builder: Hey, I want to build a road for the community. I need X amount of Y.
    Miner guy: Ok, where do you want the materials delivered?

Certain people take natural resources and only share it for **** called money.

What does the miner get for his effort? A warm fuzzy feeling? Or something he can use to feed his family and keep the heat on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I don't know if you already know this, but your thinking isn't something new or uncommon and covers many common libertarian concepts such as Anarcho-capitalism, the NAP and Commodity money

Personally I'm not on board with most of it. Our current system isn't perfect but going down the An-cap route would also bring a whole slew of new problems. I guess my current view is that maybe we should aim for Minarchism using technology to reduce our dependence on the state and central entities (such as banks) whereever possible.

Greed is a human trait, it's not a product of the system. That will never change unless there is unlimited resources.

The state is basically a mafia, where you get to vote for who the new Dons are every few years. Like any other mafia, you'll get some protection, handing over the money to them is not optional and ultimately you'll face violent enforcement if you resist it persistently enough. And most people are ok with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement