Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 months 3G coverage

Options
  • 09-08-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, can somebody tell me what the 3G coverage is like with 48 months, and what network do they use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I find the coverage excellent, never any issues. They are in the 3 network:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

They use O2 who were bought by 3, the coverage has improved in some areas

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This seems phone specific so moved from Net&Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

3G is fantastic in towns and cities but if I go more than a mile out the countryside all I can get is "E" whatever that is...but it's really...really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

iD mobile Ireland will have far better plans and offers than 48months mobile when they launch soon :-) just to let all on 48months mobile know !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

CVB wrote: »
    iD mobile Ireland will have far better plans and offers than 48months mobile when they launch soon :-) just to let all on 48months mobile know !

I'm not sure if they can beat the €20 offer on 48Months.

Unlimited mobile calls, anytime, any network.
    Unlimited texts, any network.
    Either 7 or 8 GB data, I never get near it.

In the year I've had 48 Months I've never gone out of the 20 package and I'm an extremely heavy user.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

ID mobile will likely have unlimited calls, unlimited text and 20GB of 4G data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Sorry to burst your bubble guys.

iD will have competitive plans, on a variety of levels, however the plan mentioned which gives 3000 minutes, 3000 texts, and 20GB of 4G data will not be standard. This is a plan for the soft launch only and will cost a higher amount upon launch.

iD is worth waiting for, but expect a higher cost for a service as listed above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

Is there any way to test the quality of the 48 network without paying €10 for credit? I have an activated sim and want to see what the signal quality and call quality is like before committing to a plan. I thought once I activated the sim I could receive calls to test the quality of it at my house but when I call it I just get an immediate hangup like it hasn't been activated. The 48 website says I need to buy a membership before calls, texts and internet will work :(

Is there any way to test the quality of the 48 network without paying €10 for credit? I have an activated sim and want to see what the signal quality and call quality is like before committing to a plan. I thought once I activated the sim I could receive calls to test the quality of it at my house but when I call it I just get an immediate hangup like it hasn't been activated. The 48 website says I need to buy a membership before calls, texts and internet will work :(

It's the 3 network without 4g

• Advertisement

It's the 3 network without 4g

Hi MD, yeah I know 48 Months uses the Three network but unfortunately I don't have a Three SIM to use as a proxy for determining what the 48 Months coverage and call quality will be like at my house. :confused:

Hi MD, yeah I know 48 Months uses the Three network but unfortunately I don't have a Three SIM to use as a proxy for determining what the 48 Months coverage and call quality will be like at my house. :confused:

If you don't gave a friend on the 3 network order a SIM, it's only going to cost you a tenner to find out, a months membership. Not sure how else you expected to test

it's only going to cost you a tenner to find out, a months membership. Not sure how else you expected to test

Got the sim. Thought I could receive calls to test the quality before buying credit to make calls.

I guess not.

Advertisement