Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad mini 'possessed' jumping screen

• 09-08-2015 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭

Before leaving in somewhere for repair (and probably having to fork out a fortune) has anyone any suggestions/experience of an iPad mini that appears possessed?! Ok for a few minutes use, then the screen randomly jumps from one window/app to another. A bit of googling has suggestive static and sometimes cleaning the screen works temporilarly. Have tried various other suggestions found including holding on/off switch and one on front screen together, rebooting to factory settings. Nothing gives a permanent solution. Long out of warranty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any chance it happens when it's charging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

Happens all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Did you get the screen replaced? Did it ge a drop which dinged a corner and may have raised the digitizer ever so slightly?
    This has happened to us recently. Just going to get a new digitizer and hopefully do the trick. Might need to bend back corner that got dented though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

No, screen hasn't been replaced. Wasn't aware it'd been dropped but looking at it closely I can see a tiny dent on one corner. So you could be right about the digitaizer; can't see it lifted but I supposed it could be even a fraction. At least now I might sound like I know what I'm talking about if I head into a repair centre. Thanks!

Advertisement