Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cross trainer or treadmill?

• 09-08-2015 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi all i was thinking of purchasing either a cross trainer or treadmill,which would be better to improve my fitness and speed,my upper body strenght is fairly good just need to lose a bit of flab?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Which one do you prefer using ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sanex

siochain wrote: »
    Which one do you prefer using ?

i dont mind using one over the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Cross trainer is easier on the joints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

sanex wrote: »
    i dont mind using one over the other

If it was between the two i would go for the CT but that's due to having dodgy knees. CT Might be better if the noise of a TM is going to be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Get a crosstrainer, because there's a treadmill immediately outside your front door.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Crosstrainer is preferable for me because the resistances can build up leg muscles, way less stress on joints, and I can read while on it. I also burn a lot of calories per session, 700+ in 50 mins.

Also to get a half way decent treadmill will cost a fortune, the rest are pretty crap from what I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I also burn a lot of calories per session, 700+ in 50 mins.

Are you The Rock?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The rock wouldn't risk his gainz on a gainz losing machine!

Advertisement