Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are students mostly surprised at how well they did or disappointed because they thoug

• 09-08-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Really, do most students find afterwards that there exam was mark easier or harder than expected?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some do, some don't.
    If the exam was very difficult, this will have been allowed for in the marking scheme. If it was universally hailed as easy, then the marking scheme will reflect this and people may perceive it as 'harder'.

As a general rule, in the Leaving, people usually get what they deserve. If they've put in the work, it pays. If they arrived the morning of the exam asking 'what do we have today?' (and some do) that tends to show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I always had a pretty good idea how I did, as do most people. If you can't even sit down afterwards and work it out - OK English probably being an exception - then you probably failed miserably.

Used to hate people who said "I failed" and then came out with an A. Asses of the highest order.

Advertisement