Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting an office in Tralee

Options
  • 09-08-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm considering renting an office in Tralee. It was previously a hairdressers so was wondering if I need planning for change of use.
    Also any info on rates and other costs would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kerryman10 wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm considering renting an office in Tralee. It was previously a hairdressers so was wondering if I need planning for change of use.

Thanks

as far as I'm aware a change of use is needed, I think I read about it in the Kerry's Eye recently for a similar situation, but I'm not 100% sure of the facts. You would need to get onto the County Council and they would have the info on the rates as that depends on various things such as size etc.

http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservices/planning/

edited to add that if you are going through an estate agent regarding this rental, they should be able to advise you on these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Only some 'changes of use' require planning permission. But going from a hairdressers to an office would certainly be one of them as your going from 'retail' to 'office' use. An existing office would not require any planning permission.

Hi.

Thanks

I doubt anyone here would really be able to tell you what the current planning on the building permits.

Your solicitor should be furnished with a copy of the planning permission along with the lease. Along with evidence that rates to date are paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hi.

Thanks

There must be countless vacant permitted office spaces around town for renting if you just google the commercial rental sections of myhome.ie and daft etc so I'd imagine there's no lack of choice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    There must be countless vacant permitted office spaces around town for renting if you just google the commercial rental sections of myhome.ie and daft etc so I'd imagine there's no lack of choice.

This is very true! Would save a lot of hassle & cost on planning!

• Advertisement
Advertisement