Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick... Place to stay please!

• 09-08-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi all, I am hoping to enrol at the Organic College in Limerick next month.
    I have been looking for accommodation and found it wanting to say the least!

Basically, I would love to find accommodation initially until May next year, but with a view to extend until Sept '17 all going to plan.

I am happy to pay rental in addition to helping around the house.

I enjoy gardening and would appreciate the means to do that, I'll grow veg for the house!

Also, I like to cook (veg, but will do meat if I really like you!) and work with animals also.

If you or someone you know may be able to accommodate me I'd be very grateful.

Alternatively, I would be happy to stay in a small caravan (I provide myself) given a place to put it.

Many thanks for your thoughts and advice.
    I will provide personal, residential and occupational references :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

You're looking for something in the city or out towards Dromcollogher?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GardeningGirl

Hiya, ideally out toward drumcollogher, thanks but I'm open minded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

Hi There,

We have a small farm, in Templeglantine, between Abbeyfeale and Newcastlewest.

We are in year two of starting up our plant nursery and would be a great place to stay if you were up for the caravan option. I am aware of the organic college, and we have a few links with them ourselves as regards buying stock and offering possible work experience too in some form next season.

Myself and my partner moved here from west london in 2011, both having worked in horticulture/garden design/floristry for 20 years, but needed more space for lots of lovely plants!

If you could let me know more about what you might need for the caravan option, and your budget approx, or if you wanted to swap work hours for the rent this might be possible also, let me know. I have a small shop in the City if you wanted to meet up and discuss options!

The college is about a 30/40 min drive from us, if that helps.

Tara

Look forward to hearing from you

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GardeningGirl

Hi Tara,

Thanks so much for your message and suggestion.

Unfortunately I went to the College yesterday for an interview and look around.
    i am also looking at Organic Centre in Leitrim and think there will actually be better for me.
    I had hoped to attend Limerick instead as it starts five months sooner, but c'est la vie!

Your place sounds lovely and I'm in full agreement on it being an improvement on London! Good choice!!
    Lovely and green down in that part of the world too.

So, I'll say thank you so much but not, now, at this time.
    Turning my sights to Leitrim, but if you know of anyone there in Rossinver area.... ;)

Will suggest you try w w w . workaway . i n f o For helpers, it's a great site, lots of people in this area have had success with getting nice, useful people.

All the best with ur venture :)

Kind regards,

Syd

Advertisement