Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Flight offers to USA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

percy212 wrote: »
    EI really should have offered you something for all that inconvenience. I would recommend you contact someone in their head office and send them a link to this thread. Given your circumstances they should have offered some assistance such as compensation for clothing and a REFUND. They listen if you are annoyed enough.

I had to file a case with them due to being double charged. I was refunded for one of them...it just took a while to get the refund.

Part of my problem is, I don't complain. I don't see much point. I usually just don't deal with the company again. I use to go out of my way to fly with Aer Lingus. I liked hearing the Irish accent. I liked hearing Damien Rice or Paddy Casey or whatever playing as you board. I liked knowing it was an Irish company.

After the last trip with them, I decided I was done.

I have since flown back and forth to Ireland twice. Each time with Delta. While I miss the 'Irish' feel and getting excited about going home before even taking off. It just wasn't worth the hassle any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Remorqueur

cactusgal wrote: »
    If there are no unforeseen circumstances (ie, weather causing delays, etc) then you'll be fine. If there is any issue which causes you to miss your flight, you will basically be treated like a passenger who's booked on two separate airlines - it's not really a partnership at all. I make at least one or two Aer Lingus connecting flights a year and have done for the last ten years. Out of 10-20 trips, I've had two very bad experiences with the flight connection. So the odds are in your favour!

cheers. Is it correct that I will have to pick up my Jet blue boarding card up in Ohare? Also when boking Aer Lingus say that the flight to Louisville departs from Terminal 5 which is very misleading as it departs from domestic terminal 1, Im not sure why they give out that kind of false info

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

It depends on the route, sometimes you can get the boarding pass for the domestic flight when you check in at Dublin airport, but I've mainly flown to Orlando, so I'm not sure about other routes.

Yes, they can be a pretty crap service in a lot of ways. The main reason why I continue to fly with them is that Aer Lingus use big planes for their trans Atlantic flights that have more space, and you get a your own TV with lots of shows and movies.

The times I used US Airways and Delta, they were small, crappy domestic-sized planes that shook with every breeze, and just one TV way up in the front of the cabin. It was like travelling between Ireland and the USA in the 80s, but without the smoking section :)

Advertisement