Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AP query

Options
  • 09-08-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Setup a spare router I had as an AP up stairs due to poor wireless signal form Horizon box. Put all the usual settings (same network name/ password etc) onto AP which gets its internet from the horizon box via cat5.

My question is: Would it be be normal to see two of the same network in your wireless to choose from. I would have presumed the AP is just an extension of the original wireless and hence you would only see one of your wireless network name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You shouldn't see two different networks unless there is a fundamental difference between the two networks. It could be things like names off slightly, or like the old router being B/G and the newer unit being N capable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Is one WEP and another WPA or one WPA and another WPA2 or something maybe?

Advertisement