Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin's Leaving Cert study log - The Re-Up.

Options
  • 09-08-2015 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I had one of these last year but it went arseways (partly because of my negligence & partly because I was too lazy to continue it, or even bother going to school.)

But I've gotten a new burst of energy and motivation and why not put it to use? It's a bit early but yknow, not gonna work my arse off, just gonna write a couple of notes and do a couple of mind maps!

My results werent the best, but to be honest, I didn't fail anything and thats the important thing hahahah. The majority of my year failed at least one subject so all I need to do is improve (and just pass Irish)

Not sure what I really wanna do, Psychology maybe? Music was my goal career but I dont think I'm talented enough to go where I wanna go with it, so Psychology's my goal atm :)

As to where I wanna go, it's pretty open for me. I was looking at Scotland, but it ain't financially viable right now, so why bother?
    Looking at;
    UL - only con is I'd have to stay home, but they have a good Psychology & Sociology course I'm interested in)
    NUIG - I adore Galway and the people there, but all my friends are going there and I'm kinda looking for a fresh start. They do have some brilliant courses there, like Arts with Creative Writing, Medicine, etc.
    Dublin (UCD/DCU or Trinity, dunno) - Haven't really looked up them in great detail yet, but both their sites are really really poor and confusing. DCU seems newer, but UCD also seems pretty snazzy. Might go to both their open days. Trinity would be goals, but y'know there's also the fact I'm not a total genius.

I feel extremely disorganised so hopefully this'll help!
    If you guys are wondering anything or wanna gimme advice or anything I'll take it hands on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cxxlin

First day back today and I'm in for one hell of a year.
    Terrible teachers, terrible schedule, terrible people.
    Make the best out of a bad thing though right?

But I spent 3 hours on work today which is slightly ridiculous because it's the first day.. but y'know.
    Also there's the fact my favourite teacher is pregnant so I wont have her for much longer :(

-

German: Reading Comprehension
    Biology: Spider Diagrams on The Scientific Method, Characteristics of Life, Classification of Organisms, Blood & Human Reproduction.

For the past 2 weeks I've been doing the bare minimum, my mental health really isn't the best right now and things just aren't great right now, aha.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

Keep at it! The start is the worst part but it's so much easier than starting around Christmas. If you have any questions about study or subjects pm me (I did math eng Irish biology French economics and accounting) Good luck!!

Okay, back into the swing of things after not using this for about 4 months.. oops.

Went to the library all this week to study for my mocks. Ended up going with friends & dossing quite a bit but I'm quite confident with English! (Kinda because I hate myself and decided to go onto the Mock spoiler thread. But y'know.)

Bishop, baby, here I come!

So, bit of an update.

English was grand.
    Maths was absolutely terrible.
    Biology was fairly okay but I probably did terrible.
    Music was dismal, my music teacher knows how bad we are (especially me) and she looked at my composition and kept pointing out every damn thing I did wrong even though she knows I'm terrible at composition. She literally singled me out and because of this I've been literally so upset and discouraged even though I have Irish tomorrow and I can barely write a sentence in it.

Can these mocks just be over?

• Advertisement

Another update:
    So I got some of my results back.
    English: C1 - HL (very happy)
    Biology: C2 - HL (pretty pleased)
    Irish: C1 - OL (didn't do a spot of revision lol)
    Home Ec: D2 - HL (in fairness, terrible teacher & terrible exam. Have a new found love for it after studying it myself)
    Maths: D3 - OL (Pretty good considering 10 people in my year passed PASS maths. There is something so wrong with that.)
    LCVP: Distinction hopefully. (Happy with my portfolio and my interviewer said I gave some of the best answers in the year.)
    Music: ? - HL (Haven't got back.)
    German: ? - HL (Haven't gotten the written paper back, got 58% in my oral and I thought I did terribly.)

I added the ones I have gotten back and I got 345 points. Pretty happy with that because last year General Science in Galway was 400.

Advertisement