Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas/Newbridge Resturants with Vegan Options

Options
  • 09-08-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

The title says it all.

A group of friends and I have decided to go out for dinner in Naas or Newbridge, and one of the friends is vegan.

I've been given responsibilty for organising it, but I'm not familar with Naas or Newbridge.

Are there any reasonably-priced restaurants in either town with vegan options?

By reasonably-priced, I mean ~€25-30 for a 3-course set menu, or ~€15 for an à la carte main.

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A lot of restaurants will try to provide a vegan option if you ring ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Indian or Italian restaurants are good options. - Both would have decent vegan options without needing to have something special done.

Other option is to pick your preferred place and let them know you will have vegan with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Las Rada is a tapas restaurant in Naas. It has veggie options for sure. Might have vegan or maybe they could adapt the veggie ones ? You could ring up and ask. Vegan is always going to be tricky unless it's a vegetarian restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

Two suggestions from known experience that I would recommend.

Jaipore, Indian in Newbridge 045 433288
    Il Ponte Nuovo, Italian on Georges St, Newbridge (make a quick call ahead, but food is excellent) 045 486369

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

sarahv wrote: »
    Las Rada is a tapas restaurant in Naas. It has veggie options for sure. Might have vegan or maybe they could adapt the veggie ones ? You could ring up and ask. Vegan is always going to be tricky unless it's a vegetarian restaurant

Las Rada has plenty of veggie options, but very little vegan. (no meat, no dairy, no eggs)

Weeping Thaiger Thai restaurant in Newbridge (courtyard SC just beside TK Maxx) is another good option - good value and good for groups too.

Chinese is another option as they'll have Tofu dishes.

(over 15 years experience of eating out with a vegan!! :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

Thanks, folks! I'll consult the others and see what they'd like.

Thanks for your help! :)

Advertisement