Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Baylor's annual reveal as a sham team right on schedule this year. Go Sooners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

Anyone think Iowa will stay undefeated? They have had some close games to bad/average teams and the only real team they played was Wisconsin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭polaris68

Wow, absolute carnage last night in the late games.

Good luck to the committee sorting this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

The Texas defeat boggles the mind but like Ohio last year, Oklahoma are on a great run and have some real stars at their peak.

If they beat TCU and OK st they'll deserve their spot.

I think the Big10 is getting too much love so far.
    Ohio St look poor. JT can run, but when the box is loaded I don't seem him finding his passing game when it counts.

For me

Alabama
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Ohio St

Will be the final 4 when it's all said and done.

But it changes weekly. Great season. Going away with the missus next weekend. I'm ****ing devastated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

mooreman09 wrote: »
    The Texas defeat boggles the mind but like Ohio last year, Oklahoma are on a great run and have some real stars at their peak.

If they beat TCU and OK st they'll deserve their spot.

Over Notre Dame? The same team that demolished the Longhorns? If Notre Dame wins out, with only a narrow 2 pt loss to Clemson, why do you think the playoff selection committee would promote the Sooners over Notre Dame? There's a significant problem with the Big 12. Aside from not having a conference championship match up their collective out of conference scheduling is truly awful. Even OK State may need help even if they go undefeated. Take a gander at the Cowboys's non conference schedule. How can you rely on playing the best in conference opponents to boost your SOS when those opponents haven't shown a damn thing out of the conference either?
    I think the Big10 is getting too much love so far.
    Ohio St look poor. JT can run, but when the box is loaded I don't seem him finding his passing game when it counts.

Tbh your skepticism might be better directed at the Big 12. Whatever about their revolving QB situation Ohio State does have a stout defense. As entertaining as some of the games are the Big 12 is full of suspect defenses and spread offenses that may be thwarted by the big boys come bowl season. The selection committee was wary of this conference last year and it seems that has carried over this year so far too.
    For me

Alabama
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Ohio St

Will be the final 4 when it's all said and done.

But it changes weekly. Great season. Going away with the missus next weekend. I'm ****ing devastated :)

Final four is still a hard call. No team looks remotely unbeatable and most of the top schools have tough encounters still on the docket. But I think so far the committee has it right.

Lirange wrote: »
    Over Notre Dame? The same team that demolished the Longhorns? If Notre Dame wins out, with only a narrow 2 pt loss to Clemson, why do you think the playoff selection committee would promote the Sooners over Notre Dame? There's a significant problem with the Big 12. Aside from not having a conference championship match up their collective out of conference scheduling is truly awful. Even OK State may need help even if they go undefeated. Take a gander at the Cowboys's non conference schedule. How can you rely on playing the best in conference opponents to boost your SOS when those opponents haven't shown a damn thing out of the conference either?

Tbh your skepticism might be better directed at the Big 12. Whatever about their revolving QB situation Ohio State does have a stout defense. As entertaining as some of the games are the Big 12 is full of suspect defenses and spread offenses that may be thwarted by the big boys come bowl season. The selection committee was wary of this conference last year and it seems that has carried over this year so far too.

Final four is still a hard call. No team looks remotely unbeatable and most of the top schools have tough encounters still on the docket. But I think so far the committee has it right.

I'd agree the committee has it right so far. My four, was how I think the season will finish.

Ohio have a stout defence but they're going to need much more through the air when they meet the big boys who stack the box.

I'm feeling good about Oklahoma, I think over all that ND has the better loss but that Oklahoma will have the better wins IF they win out.

@Tennessee
    @K State (55-0)
    @Baylor
    TCU
    @OK st

Vs

Texas
    Georgia Tech
    USC
    @Temple
    @Stanford

big 12 is probably a weak conference overall but Oklahoma can actually pay defence and genuinely look **** hot right now. With the Pac 12 looking like loosing out, I really can't see the Big12 getting left out.

As you said, alot is yet to happen. As the weeks go by, I find it harder to see Ohio beating Michigan and Michigan state as they are currently playing. Which would blow things wide open.

It's possible that only Clemson may be undefeated and North Carolina might be a tough match for them also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Navy is a great win

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Navy is a great win

Navys schedule is very very weak.

Navys schedule is very very weak.

And they're destroying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Notre Dame in Fenway Park

CUVoXyzVAAAQwcM.jpg:large

Boston College is considered the road team in ... Boston. Mmmkay.

Big completion on 4th and 10 by the infuriatingly inconsistent Hackenburg for Penn State against Michigan.

Couldn't get the TD from the 1st and goal at the 3 and had to settle for a FG, 21 - 13 to Michigan.

South Carolina lose to Citadel, lol.

South Carolina lose to Citadel, lol.

Florida Atlantic is taking the Gators to OT in Gainesville.

Wonder if Hackenburg is concussed, certainly looks confused. Game ending in a shambles for Penn State.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

polaris68 wrote: »
    Wonder if Hackenburg is concussed, certainly looks confused. Game ending in a shambles for Penn State.

He's played confused for the last couple of years. Never an NFL QB for as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Connor Cook not starting for Michigan State against Ohio State. Advantage Buckeyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Refs fooking up the end of the Wisconsin game. Called an incomplete pass on a sack even though Stave was tackled with the ball in his arms. He went off injured and the clock should have run out. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Connor Cook not starting for Michigan State against Ohio State. Advantage Buckeyes.

Maybe not. Terrible conditions at that one and with less than 2 mins to go, and having the ball deep in OSU territory, they'd be disappointed if they don't knock off the reigning champs

Sparty on the verge of beating Ohio State...

• Advertisement

After 23 straight wins, the Buckeyes have lost. A whole season's worth of mediocrity finally catches up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

After 23 straight wins, the Buckeyes have lost. A whole season's worth of mediocrity finally catches up with them.

Yeah they were awful. They only had the two TDs off turnovers yoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah that was a **** performance from Ohio state. Crumbled once there was decent opposition. Disappointing for them but it'll shake up the rankings now for sure.

Houston trying to stay undefeated here, refs are reviewing a 4th down catch. Looked good to me, but season on the line here.

Edit: Apparently not. Turnover on downs. 2:07 left, Houston with 3 timeouts to save themselves.

Exciting finish coming up here: http://www.vipleague.me/american-football/345838/1/houston-(19)-at-connecticut-live-stream-online.html

Houston down 20-17, about to get the ball back with 1:50 on the clock and no timeouts. Undefeated season on the line,

Lirange wrote: »
    Boston College is considered the road team in ... Boston. Mmmkay.

Lucky them. Notre Dame playing there means we get one less home game, and more importantly one less tailgate, in south bend. Also today was the first snow here, been about a foot or so of it. Would have been fantastic craic for the game.

Greg Ward Jr - so perfect all season - with a boneheaded throw costs Houston the game.

Sneaky nbc pricks. Put the game on some bull**** extra channel that isn't on the package, no notice, have a little scroll on the bottom of the normal channel basically telling you it's tough titty. Snow too heavy to go to the pub.

My support for Notre dame is being strained here. Good thing the game looks to be a bit **** and the parents are over and need entertaining...

Sneaky nbc pricks. Put the game on some bull**** extra channel that isn't on the package, no notice, have a little scroll on the bottom of the normal channel basically telling you it's tough titty. Snow too heavy to go to the pub.

My support for Notre dame is being strained here. Good thing the game looks to be a bit **** and the parents are over and need entertaining...

On NBCSN here in MA which is part of my normal tv package which is handy.

Fun kind of sucked out of this game with TCU missing both Boykin and Doctson, but Ohio State losing its a big incentive for Oklahoma. Also looking forward to watching more of Baker Mayfield, who is the most exciting player to watch in college football since Johnny Manziel.

• Advertisement

JCTO wrote: »
    On NBCSN here in MA which is part of my normal tv package which is handy.

Yeah that's the one, is not on Comcast basic here. Baylor Oklahoma state it is.

Yippee.

Yeah that's the one, is not on Comcast basic here. Baylor Oklahoma state it is.

Yippee.

I have Comcast also but its a basic plus package or some madness like that im guessing whatever mine is it was thrown in with it haha. Got to love cable here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

CJ Prosise injured...No luck at all for the Irish

Notre Dame unimpressive again tonight. Not a good time of the season to start turning over the ball.

Ezekiel Elliott calling out his coaches after the game tonight. Quite an idiot. That sort of **** will cost him come draft time, no question. Not to mention that the team's season is still ongoing. Sounds like there's trouble there that's been a lot longer brewing than just tonight.

Will Fuller will be coming back next year! Draft stock taken a big hit tonight.

Will Fuller will be coming back next year! Draft stock taken a big hit tonight.

Already committed to return.

It's all about beating Stanford imo.

This week's alternative highlights:

********************************************************************************************

Ever been so mad that you just....start to strip? Unsurprisingly, Jim Harbaugh has.

https://streamable.com/mhya

********************************************************************************************

Wisconsin seem to have been on the receiving end of some of the more high profile refereeing blunders these past few years. Yesterday, it reached a new low when this TD was overturned.

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/668212966903422976

There's nothing more adorable than a happy kicker.

4036754.gif

Derek Barnett does not like being held.

https://vine.co/v/e3J11T9Fw0g

South Carolina fans build an escape rope out of towels. This is what you do when you're team is losing to Citadel.

05qq0CbMSnYjfpMcgnN7FJx.jpg

SEC Network using Charleston Southern's I-AA ranking to make Alabama's win look more impressive.

CUXXhVPWwAAJtnN.jpg

Connor Cook. Decent quarterback. Sh*t at sign language.

https://vine.co/v/izu1uMLbpjr

Fred Ross with an incredible one hander.....

d8ypw6g.gif

.....which is still only good enough for second best catch of the week. First place goes to Gehrig Dieter.

https://twitter.com/VolRumorMill/status/666774685112213505?s=09

KD Cannon explains to Chris Johnson how he scored a touchdown on the last drive.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/668266080687648768/pu/vid/480x480/N4ccKvoyQd0-TecH.mp4

Snoop is all in on the Iowa juggernaut hype train.

CUY09_EWoAAKqAS.jpg

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

It's all about beating Stanford imo.

Hopefully. Stanford winning last night will help in that regard.

Beating Stanford and not getting in due to these poor performances against Wake Forest and BC would be hard to stomach.

• Advertisement

Hopefully. Stanford winning last night will help in that regard.

Beating Stanford and not getting in due to these poor performances against Wake Forest and BC would be hard to stomach.

That's not why they wouldn't get in. They wouldn't get in due to results elsewhere.

Another crazy weekend. I missed much of it so will be catching up tonight and tomorrow night. Although the ESPN College Drive app is great to keep up.

Well we have two HUGE games this weekend. ND -Stanford and OK - Ok St.

Here's how I think it stands currently.

SEC winner (Alabama) -100% in.
    ACC (Clemson) - 100% In
    B1G winner - Its complicated
    PAC 12 winner - unlikely
    Big 12winner - Its complicated
    Notre Dame - Needs things to fall right.

I personally think that if Oklahoma win on Saturday they are in. They've finished the season incredibly since their terrible (but close) loss. I think they will jump ahead of ND and that ND will be jockeying for the B1G's spot.

The big 10 has had a weird season. They are ranked very very high on an overall basis. 3 in the top 10 and 5 in the top 25 this weekends in the AP. I find that ridiculous, Iowa are unbeaten but they really haven't played anyone that's on that top 10 level. Michigan State looks a bit flaky, OSU are a complete mess and Mich and Northwestern are just hard working blue collar teams. However because OSU brought in a national Championship, they are all viewed in a better light.

I think Mich State will beat Iowa comfortably in the Championship game and if ND beat Stanford, its between a 1 loss ND and Michigan State.

I don't think either side can win it all.

For me its going to be

Clemson
    Alabama
    Mich State
    Oklahoma

When it comes down to it the committee just won't leave out two Conference champs and put in a 1 loss ND. The Committee is made up of conference guys. Basically they will put a lot of weight in Championship games which will save the B1G and when put side by side if OK win this Saturday, they will have the better record overall.

Its going to be MENTAL!!!

Looks like Les Miles is out at LSU. Rumours swirling, and has holding a special meeting with the team tomorrow.

Have to say, it's one of the worst firings in recent memory if true. Delusions of grandeur in Louisiana are ridiculous if they think they can do better.

Looks like Les Miles is out at LSU. Rumours swirling, and has holding a special meeting with the team tomorrow.

Have to say, it's one of the worst firings in recent memory if true. Delusions of grandeur in Louisiana are ridiculous if they think they can do better.

It seems insane.. I can only presume they have a guarantee from Jimbo or someone of his standard. I like Les.

Either way Miles is apparently going to be paid 20mil to leave... That's ****ING insanity....

The money in coaching is sick!!

He'll also walk into another 5mil a year job!!

Like you, I can only imagine they must have someone lined up. Otherwise its just crazy,and they'll be competing with the likes of Miami, USC and South Carolina who will have first pick of whoever they want.

Like you, I can only imagine they must have someone lined up. Otherwise its just crazy,and they'll be competing with the likes of Miami, USC and South Carolina who will have first pick of whoever they want.

I'd have thought LSU would have as much or more pull for coaches as any of those.

• Advertisement

Miami and Scar would be debatable. I think those 2 are bigger names but as it stands LSU probably has more to offer but USC is one of the top 3 biggest jobs in college football.

Miami and Scar would be debatable. I think those 2 are bigger names but as it stands LSU probably has more to offer but USC is one of the top 3 biggest jobs in college football.

UC is a huge job. Tough job though, LSU is probably a more attractive opportunity in the short term. They literally need some QB development!!

The USC job is an interesting story in the offseason I reckon. Would it be beyond the realm of possibility that Carroll has done all he can with the Seahawks??

Notre Dame drop to number 6 in the new rankings. Oklahoma are in. Michigan State move up also.

1. Clemson
    2. Alabama
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Iowa
    5. Michigan St
    6. Notre Dame

I think we'll end up with a top 4 of Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and Michigan State.

Notre Dame drop to number 6 in the new rankings. Oklahoma are in. Michigan State move up also.

1. Clemson
    2. Alabama
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Iowa
    5. Michigan St
    6. Notre Dame

I think we'll end up with a top 4 of Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma and Michigan State.

Agreed

But we both know there'll be carnage somewhere!!!!

Notre Dame can't have too many complaints after the performances in the last two games. Up against it now to make the playoffs even if they win at Stanford, a big ask in itself.

Need more carnage - Oklahoma State beating Oklahoma would be a big help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement