Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

****ing hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

what an end in Michigan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Ah ha ha ha ha holy fuuuuuuuuuck

Jasus. That is awful by the Michigan punter. How do you let that happen??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just watched Bama beat Texas A & M and I think they are going to finish up winning out the SEC and making the playoffs. They are lucky they lost so early I think and I just cannot see them losing again.

Cut to Harburgh's face please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Jasus. That is awful by the Michigan punter. How do you let that happen??

Arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Why did he try and kick it? Needed to just fall down and take the loss of yards and make Michigan State kick the field goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

One of the craziest endings I've seen. Up there with the Kick Six and the Butler Interception.

Even when he bobbled it, all he had to do was fall on the ball. His second effort killed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

CRjkafIWUAAAp9u.png

Delighted it happened to Michigan. The arrogance was getting out of hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You can totally tell that the commentator wasnt expecting to use his dramatic voice there, he had to wing it and his voice broke several times :pac:

Now for the big game of the night. Let's go Notre Dame, let's go Irish!!!

That was just too easy for USC, reminds me a bit of the Clemson. Hopefully the Irish offense can get going straight away in this one unlike the Clemson game.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Now for the big game of the night. Let's go Notre Dame, let's go Irish!!!

Pressure game. Could be an embarrassing night for ND. A bit of a no win situation.

Slow start already for the Irish. Dig themselves a hole.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Slow start already for the Irish. Dig themselves a hole.

Scratch that!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Well that was what I'd call a quick response!!!!!! :D

Looking like another insane TCU game.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Well that was what I'd call a quick response!!!!!! :D

Kizer is quality

• Advertisement

TD Notre Dame, Prosise is already over 50 yards and has a td too.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! TD Notre Dame, blocked punt!!!

Blocked punt! Wild one in South Bend tonight!

Fumble by Tori Hunter on the SC 1 yard line changed the momentum in this game. Tied at 24-24 at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'm just watching the Penn State v Ohio state match and the commentator says the Penn State kicker turned down Soccer scholarships.

Is that actually true?

I can't see how someone his size could even get close to being an even half decent soccer player.

Alternative highlights for Week 7:

We'll get it out of the way early, the botched punt heard round the world.

The sad thing is, the punter had pulled off this 80 yarder not too long before that.

***********************************************************************************************

Sticking with Michigan, the fans were not happy with several of the refereeing calls.

http://gfycat.com/NeglectedCalculatingGazelle

***********************************************************************************************

Dana Holgorsen called Corey Coleman the best player in college football after yesterday's performance. He's not far off.

http://gfycat.com/ShockedNippyFowl

As an aside, Coleman's game log this year is crazy.

5 rec, 178 yds, 1 TD
    6 rec, 182 yds, 4 TD
    6 rec, 100 yds, 3 TD
    7 rec, 110 yds, 3 TD
    7 rec, 108 yds, 2 TD
    10 rec, 199 yds, 3 TD

Texas Tech with the direct swinging snap to a lineman on the trick 2pt conversion.

https://streamable.com/w8wt

Hard to argue with this Roughing the Kicker penalty.

PUNTER.0.gif

2 Texas Tech players fight over a fumble recovery, costing their team said recovery as it squirms lose to a Kansas player.

https://vine.co/v/e9qOLz57pv7

I guess this counts as a stiff arm by Fournette.

http://gfycat.com/DependentSlimCoypu

The Mad Hatter cooks up another ballsy call in a close game. This would be the winning score.

Well

What a weekend that was. Incident and drama packed, the season is really coming to the boil now.

How do people see things panning out from here? If I had to rank the top 6 I'd go.

1.Baylor
    2.Alabama
    3.Stanford
    4.Michigin State
    5.Ohio State
    6.LSU

That is literally only on form, as I see it now. There are teams like TCU and Utah that are in the AP rankings on merit but I just don't see it when I watch. I don't see them winnign the tight games against the top programmes.

I still think that there are a lot of twists remaining. Obviously alot of these teams must also play each other. Its getting harder and harder to see how we could get a playoff this season without a team with 2 losses. Its looking like its going to be a complete MESS when the committee vote in 3 weeks.

LSU vs Bama
    TCU vs Baylor
    Ohio vs Mich State

They are just the really obvious big games coming up. There are going to be alot more including the Champ games.

Of the Power 5 conferences I think the following will suffice.

Big 12 - Only an unbeaten winner (unless OU wins out) as the Non Conference is too soft.
    Pac 12 - The winner - unless ND manages to beat Stanford and Stanford win out.
    SEC - Two loss winner
    BIG 10 - Possible 1 loss Champ - Ohio carry weight due to being champs and Michigan have bumped the Conference this season .
    ACC - 1 loss winner

I just wonder, if this will be the most controversial season ever.

Really bad form on the BT front this week.

Looks like they are only showing the 5pm game on Saturday and nothing else that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Really bad form on the BT front this week.

Looks like they are only showing the 5pm game on Saturday and nothing else that day.

This weeks schedule is terrible though - its like the calm before the storm of the coming weeks

No top 25 match offs (well of any significance a&m vs ole miss is a nothing game )

Utah vs USC should be a decent game and maybe tennessee vs bama

texas tech vs oklahoma should be a fun shoot out and watching baylor put 60+ against ISU will be kind of entertaining

Rest is complete meh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Well

What a weekend that was. Incident and drama packed, the season is really coming to the boil now.

How do people see things panning out from here? If I had to rank the top 6 I'd go.

1.Baylor
    2.Alabama
    3.Stanford
    4.Michigin State
    5.Ohio State
    6.LSU

That is literally only on form, as I see it now. There are teams like TCU and Utah that are in the AP rankings on merit but I just don't see it when I watch. I don't see them winnign the tight games against the top programmes.

I still think that there are a lot of twists remaining. Obviously alot of these teams must also play each other. Its getting harder and harder to see how we could get a playoff this season without a team with 2 losses. Its looking like its going to be a complete MESS when the committee vote in 3 weeks.

LSU vs Bama
    TCU vs Baylor
    Ohio vs Mich State

They are just the really obvious big games coming up. There are going to be alot more including the Champ games.

Of the Power 5 conferences I think the following will suffice.

Big 12 - Only an unbeaten winner (unless OU wins out) as the Non Conference is too soft.
    Pac 12 - The winner - unless ND manages to beat Stanford and Stanford win out.
    SEC - Two loss winner
    BIG 10 - Possible 1 loss Champ - Ohio carry weight due to being champs and Michigan have bumped the Conference this season .
    ACC - 1 loss winner

I just wonder, if this will be the most controversial season ever.

Sounds about right - for SEC - if some how its a 2 loss SEC east winner (Florida or Georgia) getting in then they aren't getting a team in the playoffs.

Dosent look like ND have any shot at getting in - need big 12 and pac 12 to cannibalize itself (which i think in the coming weeks it might well do)

Advertisement