Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

eagle eye wrote: »
    You ruling out Watson with Clemson unbeaten? If Alabama keep Fournette quiet tonight I think Watson becomes favourite.

Watson is 33/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

What about McCaffrey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Notre dame are in the top four. Pretty amazing, if they can hold out now. I would say they're lucky to be there, essentially Clemson are the reason for it, but it's theirs to hold onto now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Notre dame are in the top four. Pretty amazing, if they can hold out now. I would say they're lucky to be there, essentially Clemson are the reason for it, but it's theirs to hold onto now.

Not necessarily depending on results elsewhere. Opportunities for someone in the Big 12 to emerge unbeaten with a couple of big victories over the next couple of weeks. Of course ND would have the opportunity at a play in type win assuming they and Stanford take care of business.

Will be nervous against Wake and BC. Classic banana skin fixtures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Go Ragin' Cajuns
    American Football Money Line NCAA Game
    11/12/2015 16:23
    UL Lafayette
    -vs-
    South Alabama
    UL Lafayette
    @ 2.000 D
    Risk: EUR 1000.00
    Win: EUR 1000.00
    ID: 520503572 Pending

• Advertisement

TD baby:D

tight tight game

Go Ragin' Cajuns kick southbamas ass

ragin wins, great flow of game, have the edge.

pikoff baby 84 yd return, so beautiful:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ragin wins, great flow of game, have the edge.
    No South Alabama won 32-25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This is why I don't drink and gamble at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Ohio State pretty unimpressive for most of that first half against a poor Illinois team. Touchdown at the end puts them 14 - 3 up. Need to be a lot better in the second half. Playoff committee is watching them closely!

Oklahoma State down 17 - 7 against Iowa State at the end of the 1st.

If Ok st keep this rubbish up and Baylor lose later. The Big 12 is in serious trouble.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    If Ok st keep this rubbish up and Baylor lose later. The Big 12 is in serious trouble.

Down 14 - 24 at halftime.

Go Cyclones.

Notre Dame up 21 - 0 on Wake Forest mid way through the 3rd but the Irish are playing sloppy enough.

Cowboys come away with the win. Home games from here on in, good chance to make the playoffs.

Really good game between Oklahoma and Baylor in the rain. Not the shootout that was expected, and its getting really messy with both teams showing no discipline at all. But still a fascinating watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And there goes another unbeaten team, that int seals the fate of Baylor.

Stanford also taken down tonight by a resurgent Oregon.

• Advertisement

Baylor's annual reveal as a sham team right on schedule this year. Go Sooners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

Anyone think Iowa will stay undefeated? They have had some close games to bad/average teams and the only real team they played was Wisconsin.

Wow, absolute carnage last night in the late games.

Good luck to the committee sorting this out.

The Texas defeat boggles the mind but like Ohio last year, Oklahoma are on a great run and have some real stars at their peak.

If they beat TCU and OK st they'll deserve their spot.

I think the Big10 is getting too much love so far.
    Ohio St look poor. JT can run, but when the box is loaded I don't seem him finding his passing game when it counts.

For me

Alabama
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Ohio St

Will be the final 4 when it's all said and done.

But it changes weekly. Great season. Going away with the missus next weekend. I'm ****ing devastated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

The Texas defeat boggles the mind but like Ohio last year, Oklahoma are on a great run and have some real stars at their peak.

If they beat TCU and OK st they'll deserve their spot.

Over Notre Dame? The same team that demolished the Longhorns? If Notre Dame wins out, with only a narrow 2 pt loss to Clemson, why do you think the playoff selection committee would promote the Sooners over Notre Dame? There's a significant problem with the Big 12. Aside from not having a conference championship match up their collective out of conference scheduling is truly awful. Even OK State may need help even if they go undefeated. Take a gander at the Cowboys's non conference schedule. How can you rely on playing the best in conference opponents to boost your SOS when those opponents haven't shown a damn thing out of the conference either?
    I think the Big10 is getting too much love so far.
    Ohio St look poor. JT can run, but when the box is loaded I don't seem him finding his passing game when it counts.

Tbh your skepticism might be better directed at the Big 12. Whatever about their revolving QB situation Ohio State does have a stout defense. As entertaining as some of the games are the Big 12 is full of suspect defenses and spread offenses that may be thwarted by the big boys come bowl season. The selection committee was wary of this conference last year and it seems that has carried over this year so far too.
    For me

Alabama
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Ohio St

Will be the final 4 when it's all said and done.

But it changes weekly. Great season. Going away with the missus next weekend. I'm ****ing devastated :)

Final four is still a hard call. No team looks remotely unbeatable and most of the top schools have tough encounters still on the docket. But I think so far the committee has it right.

Lirange wrote: »
    Over Notre Dame? The same team that demolished the Longhorns? If Notre Dame wins out, with only a narrow 2 pt loss to Clemson, why do you think the playoff selection committee would promote the Sooners over Notre Dame? There's a significant problem with the Big 12. Aside from not having a conference championship match up their collective out of conference scheduling is truly awful. Even OK State may need help even if they go undefeated. Take a gander at the Cowboys's non conference schedule. How can you rely on playing the best in conference opponents to boost your SOS when those opponents haven't shown a damn thing out of the conference either?

Tbh your skepticism might be better directed at the Big 12. Whatever about their revolving QB situation Ohio State does have a stout defense. As entertaining as some of the games are the Big 12 is full of suspect defenses and spread offenses that may be thwarted by the big boys come bowl season. The selection committee was wary of this conference last year and it seems that has carried over this year so far too.

Final four is still a hard call. No team looks remotely unbeatable and most of the top schools have tough encounters still on the docket. But I think so far the committee has it right.

I'd agree the committee has it right so far. My four, was how I think the season will finish.

Ohio have a stout defence but they're going to need much more through the air when they meet the big boys who stack the box.

I'm feeling good about Oklahoma, I think over all that ND has the better loss but that Oklahoma will have the better wins IF they win out.

@Tennessee
    @K State (55-0)
    @Baylor
    TCU
    @OK st

Vs

Texas
    Georgia Tech
    USC
    @Temple
    @Stanford

big 12 is probably a weak conference overall but Oklahoma can actually pay defence and genuinely look **** hot right now. With the Pac 12 looking like loosing out, I really can't see the Big12 getting left out.

As you said, alot is yet to happen. As the weeks go by, I find it harder to see Ohio beating Michigan and Michigan state as they are currently playing. Which would blow things wide open.

It's possible that only Clemson may be undefeated and North Carolina might be a tough match for them also.

Navy is a great win

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Navy is a great win

Navys schedule is very very weak.

Navys schedule is very very weak.

And they're destroying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys