Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

so tell me lads if notre dame win well tonight do ye thing they are in with a chance or are they just not making the playoffs i assume a close win would be no good for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

so tell me lads if notre dame win well tonight do ye thing they are in with a chance or are they just not making the playoffs i assume a close win would be no good for them

Will need to win well and will need Oklahoma to lose assuming Alabama and Clemson win their conferences. Big10 champs are in.

Although the cynic in me thinks the committee will find a way to give Oklahoma's spot to Ohio State should all of this happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Wtf just checked BT schedules, they aren't showing ND Stanford??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Notre Dame won't be 'winning well' I don't think, 4 point underdog they'll do well to win at all. Stanford are a very good team, especially at home.

Josh Adams playing well tonight.

• Advertisement

Irish red zone woes continue. 13 - 14 to Stanford.

Kizer to Fuller! Yeah baby!

Sooners up 21-10 on the Cowboys. Looking good for them but this is the Big12 so there's going to be another 50 points scored in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Nd just can't get it done in the red zone. They might win this but no way are they playoff material.

Nd just can't get it done in the red zone. They might win this but no way are they playoff material.

Defense is very inconsistent as well. Stanford has been successful on a lot of 3rd downs tonight.

• Advertisement

polaris68 wrote: »
    Defense is very inconsistent as well. Stanford has been successful on a lot of 3rd downs tonight.

Great touchdown but again with the two points, they cannot do it in the red zone area for whatever reason.

Amazing to think Adams is the third string guy. The strength in depth speaks so well of the recruitment at the programme. They aren't av playoff team but they can't be too far away either.

44 - 20 at halftime in the Bedlam.

Stanford ND is a fun game.

This is it for the Irish, need a TD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well that was a disappointing way to finish things. That facemask penalty cost the team dearly on that last drive for Stanford.

Two losses both by two points cost us a shot at the National Championship. Coach Kelly has to learn these guys to be more clinical for next season. Zaire will be back and he'll make a huge difference I think and of course Prosise too hopefully.

Well that was heart breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well that was heart breaking.

Great season really considering the ridiculous injury list. The future is bright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

That Oklahoma match was insane in the 1st half,
    I'd take any off Mixon, Perine, Mayfield, Sheppard or Westbrook at the Dallas Cowboys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

brinty wrote: »
    That Oklahoma match was insane in the 1st half,
    I'd take any off Mixon, Perine, Mayfield, Sheppard or Westbrook at the Dallas Cowboys...

Really???

Sheppard lacks size, although he is an amazing player. A pure talent. I hope he makes it. His story is brilliant.

I really like Mayfield. He's like Manziel but with more intelligence. Not convinced the league will suit his style though. He's very like a young Romo, but do teams want Romo's anymore?? I personally hope the league still has a place for these guys. They're electric.

I hope Oklahoma go on and win it now. I also think Alabama is their best Matchup for the Semi. Like Ohio last year, you need a top class QB that can move about and also deliver long. Oklahoma have that style. They are adaptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Overall I think Notre Dame had a good season. They showed talent and more importantly depth.

I really feel that over time Notre Dame will diminish unless they join a conference. I know that argument annoys their fans but its very true. This season is a perfect case for it, nobody really knows if they were good overall or not? after a good 10-2 season like this they would most likely be in a conference Championship game, giving them a chance to win something. That can only help recruiting, can a behemoth like ND really sustain success by winning a championship every 20 years?

A conference also give a gauge of relevance to ND's schedule. Instead of a random mixed bag of opponents where its hard to establish form due to lack of familiarity, we'd know relative to the rest of their conference how they are performing.

Its also unfair to expect SEC/ACC etc teams to go play a huge title game while ND don't and expect the same treatment. (Same goes for the BIG12). Why should ND have the right to sit pretty at 11-1 or 12-0 while other teams at that mark have to play possibly their toughest opponents? If Clemson lose their ACC final to NC, will they get in?? I doubt it...

There are more arguments I could make too, but I amen't here to bash ND. They are a great asset to the sport and have a great legacy. I just wonder in 20 years will they be another Boston, BYU. Having the odd decent season an staying barely relevant...

I think its insane to think they can survive as a national power while constantly hunting a 12-0 season to POSSIBLY make the postseason!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Surely the improved recruiting effort year on year under Kelly and a national champ appearance and 10 - 2 season within four years demonstrates clearly that they don't need to be in a conference?

ND came back from 2007 - 2010 to make a National Title game. If they can survive that, they're on track imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good defensive battle in the Georgia Dome.

12-7 to Alabama with Florida conceding a safety on a punt and having a 40 yard FG blocked, oh and giving up a silly huge play which really should have been broken up but ultimately resulted in a TD a couple of plays later.

It feels like 'Bama will flick the switch and pull away at any time, but the Gators are holding firm for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Sneaky feeling the Tar Heels pull the upset tonight.

Looking forward to USC Stanford too. Hopefully we get some payback, be interesting to see if the players rally around Helton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Treon Harris is so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The Big 10 game isn't on BT/ESPN?!? Surprised at that.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The Big 10 game isn't on BT/ESPN?!? Surprised at that.

Fox are showing it in the States, mustn't have a rebroadcasting agreement with ESPN UK.

Touchdown to Alabama, 22 - 7. Tide is beginning to roll.

Great stop by the Gator defense off a Treon Harris pick. Still alive in this game - just about.

The dam is collapsing but can't fault the Florida defense tonight. Their offense however.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

polaris68 wrote: »
    The dam is collapsing but can't fault the Florida defense tonight. Their offense however.....

When you're at zero on 3rd down conversions...

Advertisement