Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Two score game with 5 minutes left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Great play by Jackson. What a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mccaffrey at Stanford
    Wow...
    Ties barry sanders all yardage record and beats it
    Clemson not looking good at North Carolina

No surprises or shocks in the end. It's going to be Clemson, Alabama, Michigan State and Oklahoma in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Who do you give the Heisman to at this stage, McCaffrey or Henry?

• Advertisement

Who do you give the Heisman to at this stage, McCaffrey or Henry?

Personally I would have liked to have seen it given to McCaffrey due to his effectiveness in the passing game and on special teams, but I think it's a foregone conclusion that Henry will get it. New SEC record, playing for a playoff team, upper classman etc. It's Gerhart vs Ingram all over again, only it won't be as big of a robbery this time.

From what I saw last McCaffrey was outstanding and will be wanted by a lot of pro teams based on his all round abilities
    But probably will be Henry,who was greT too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Henry is a shoo-in for it alright. I can see him being fairly knackered for the playoffs though, there is no way he's going to be getting the amount of carries he has been in the last couple of games. He already looked a bit gassed last night.

#1 Clemson vs #4 Oklahoma (Orange Bowl)
    #2 Alabama vs #3 Michigan State (Cotton Bowl)

No surprises with the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

McCaffrey should win it. But won't. He was my pick before the Pac 12 championship way back in early November (see upthread) so all this game did was solidify it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pegasusbridge

Ohio State V Notre Dame in the fiesta bowl. That could be a great game. Go bucks

Ohio State V Notre Dame in the fiesta bowl. That could be a great game. Go bucks

Great match up, was afraid Notre Dame was going to get Houston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Who wins this thing??

I think Oklahoma got the best matchup in Clemson. That'll be an exciting game but OK have the better defense.

Its hard to see Alabama losing to Michigan State.

Then in the final it'll be all down to whether OK's playmakers can get loose against that stingey Alabama defense!

Some good bowl matchups - but also some terrible ones!

Read somewhere that they're adding more bowl games. Apparently 5 - 7 teams will be become bowl eligible.

No obligation on us to watch them, I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

polaris68 wrote: »
    Read somewhere that they're adding more bowl games. Apparently 5 - 7 teams will be become bowl eligible.

No obligation on us to watch them, I suppose!

Its not that they added more its just not that not enough teams got to 6 wins to fill all bowl games - so 3 5-7 teams also got invited.

One of which is my second team (Nebraska) - GBR - so happy enough to see them get a bowl game (even though its completely undeserved)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Lirange wrote: »
    McCaffrey should win it. But won't. He was my pick before the Pac 12 championship way back in early November (see upthread) so all this game did was solidify it.

He's had some season alright. Didnt realise his Dad is Ed McCaffrey who played for the Giants and Broncos at wide receiver and has three SB rings. his Dad's siblings seemed very sporty as does his. His older bro is a WR for Duke, his younger brother is the second ranked QB in the country and the youngest is a freshman in that high school! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jesus they talk metric tonnes of horse**** before the army navy game.

Usually end up watching this most years - I recall Verne and Gary talking about a 6 or 7 year losing streak! While they are competing well at the end of the first half of this game, it's hard to see Army breaking it at year 13.

Last five army drives:

Missed FG.
    Botched snap resulting in a turnover.
    QB throws an interception with 3 minutes remaining.
    Another interception on a trick play with 2 minutes remaining.
    Hail Mary - no joy.

Navy looked undercooked tonight but the losing streak continues.

No surprise, Derrick Henry wins the Heisman. The margin of victory was a lot closer than I expected.

CWErmY7WwAEy_1U.png

• Advertisement

Idiotic football player strikes again.

You're Robert Nkimdeche. You're a former number 1 overall high school prospect. You're one game away from the end of a stellar college football career and are considered a potential top 5 pick in the NFL where you will go on to make millions of dollars.

Do you...

(a) Write a personal and humble letter to all 32 team owners in the NFL, introducing yourself and outlining what you hope to accomplish in your career.

(b) Break a hotel window while stoned and fall off a first floor balcony and be taken to hospital where you are in a stable condition. Allow the police to find your weed stash in the hotel room.

Take a guess.

Browns will take him.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Browns will take him.

Or the cowboys...
    We love a nut case in need of redemption in the Big D....

In fairness he's an absolute monster he will likely still go top 15 unless he does some more stupid stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

There have always been plenty of teams in the past who haven't been put off by all that nonsense, and there will still be plenty this time round. It never changes. It will affect his earning power though, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

It was only weed in fairness... Hardly shocking for a 20 year old to smoke weed. Once he's still performing I doubt any Pro team will care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Watching Western Kentucky v South Florida. Bulls were up 14-10 at halftime but the Hilltoppers have turned it around and now lead 38-21 at the end of the third quarter.

I've seen Brandon Doughty a few times and he just looks so good every time I see him play. I don't understand how he is not rated the no.1 QB prospect of the 2016 draft class. He is just so accurate and looks so comfortable with his throws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

Marriages of convenience normally don't end well!

• Advertisement

To be fair, there's reports that a family member passed away.

Advertisement