Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,028 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

TD Notre Dame, Prosise is already over 50 yards and has a td too.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! TD Notre Dame, blocked punt!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭polaris68

Blocked punt! Wild one in South Bend tonight!

Fumble by Tori Hunter on the SC 1 yard line changed the momentum in this game. Tied at 24-24 at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'm just watching the Penn State v Ohio state match and the commentator says the Penn State kicker turned down Soccer scholarships.

Is that actually true?

I can't see how someone his size could even get close to being an even half decent soccer player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Alternative highlights for Week 7:

We'll get it out of the way early, the botched punt heard round the world.

The sad thing is, the punter had pulled off this 80 yarder not too long before that.

***********************************************************************************************

Sticking with Michigan, the fans were not happy with several of the refereeing calls.

http://gfycat.com/NeglectedCalculatingGazelle

***********************************************************************************************

Dana Holgorsen called Corey Coleman the best player in college football after yesterday's performance. He's not far off.

http://gfycat.com/ShockedNippyFowl

As an aside, Coleman's game log this year is crazy.

5 rec, 178 yds, 1 TD
    6 rec, 182 yds, 4 TD
    6 rec, 100 yds, 3 TD
    7 rec, 110 yds, 3 TD
    7 rec, 108 yds, 2 TD
    10 rec, 199 yds, 3 TD

Texas Tech with the direct swinging snap to a lineman on the trick 2pt conversion.

https://streamable.com/w8wt

Hard to argue with this Roughing the Kicker penalty.

PUNTER.0.gif

2 Texas Tech players fight over a fumble recovery, costing their team said recovery as it squirms lose to a Kansas player.

https://vine.co/v/e9qOLz57pv7

I guess this counts as a stiff arm by Fournette.

http://gfycat.com/DependentSlimCoypu

The Mad Hatter cooks up another ballsy call in a close game. This would be the winning score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Well

What a weekend that was. Incident and drama packed, the season is really coming to the boil now.

How do people see things panning out from here? If I had to rank the top 6 I'd go.

1.Baylor
    2.Alabama
    3.Stanford
    4.Michigin State
    5.Ohio State
    6.LSU

That is literally only on form, as I see it now. There are teams like TCU and Utah that are in the AP rankings on merit but I just don't see it when I watch. I don't see them winnign the tight games against the top programmes.

I still think that there are a lot of twists remaining. Obviously alot of these teams must also play each other. Its getting harder and harder to see how we could get a playoff this season without a team with 2 losses. Its looking like its going to be a complete MESS when the committee vote in 3 weeks.

LSU vs Bama
    TCU vs Baylor
    Ohio vs Mich State

They are just the really obvious big games coming up. There are going to be alot more including the Champ games.

Of the Power 5 conferences I think the following will suffice.

Big 12 - Only an unbeaten winner (unless OU wins out) as the Non Conference is too soft.
    Pac 12 - The winner - unless ND manages to beat Stanford and Stanford win out.
    SEC - Two loss winner
    BIG 10 - Possible 1 loss Champ - Ohio carry weight due to being champs and Michigan have bumped the Conference this season .
    ACC - 1 loss winner

I just wonder, if this will be the most controversial season ever.

Really bad form on the BT front this week.

Looks like they are only showing the 5pm game on Saturday and nothing else that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Really bad form on the BT front this week.

Looks like they are only showing the 5pm game on Saturday and nothing else that day.

This weeks schedule is terrible though - its like the calm before the storm of the coming weeks

No top 25 match offs (well of any significance a&m vs ole miss is a nothing game )

Utah vs USC should be a decent game and maybe tennessee vs bama

texas tech vs oklahoma should be a fun shoot out and watching baylor put 60+ against ISU will be kind of entertaining

Rest is complete meh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Well

What a weekend that was. Incident and drama packed, the season is really coming to the boil now.

How do people see things panning out from here? If I had to rank the top 6 I'd go.

1.Baylor
    2.Alabama
    3.Stanford
    4.Michigin State
    5.Ohio State
    6.LSU

That is literally only on form, as I see it now. There are teams like TCU and Utah that are in the AP rankings on merit but I just don't see it when I watch. I don't see them winnign the tight games against the top programmes.

I still think that there are a lot of twists remaining. Obviously alot of these teams must also play each other. Its getting harder and harder to see how we could get a playoff this season without a team with 2 losses. Its looking like its going to be a complete MESS when the committee vote in 3 weeks.

LSU vs Bama
    TCU vs Baylor
    Ohio vs Mich State

They are just the really obvious big games coming up. There are going to be alot more including the Champ games.

Of the Power 5 conferences I think the following will suffice.

Big 12 - Only an unbeaten winner (unless OU wins out) as the Non Conference is too soft.
    Pac 12 - The winner - unless ND manages to beat Stanford and Stanford win out.
    SEC - Two loss winner
    BIG 10 - Possible 1 loss Champ - Ohio carry weight due to being champs and Michigan have bumped the Conference this season .
    ACC - 1 loss winner

I just wonder, if this will be the most controversial season ever.

Sounds about right - for SEC - if some how its a 2 loss SEC east winner (Florida or Georgia) getting in then they aren't getting a team in the playoffs.

Dosent look like ND have any shot at getting in - need big 12 and pac 12 to cannibalize itself (which i think in the coming weeks it might well do)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Trojan War - 30 for 30 on USC

Haven't got round to watching it yet but trailers look good

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5C8Hi8FK97jbGZQZDl2RW1QTXc/view

It's official, Cardale Jones has been benched. About time, he should never have been starter this year.

It's official, Cardale Jones has been benched. About time, he should never have been starter this year.

Yeah, hard to argue it... It Hasn't worked.

Be interesting to see JT throw it 25 times a game. He's been impressive on the QB run so far but that won't be enough in the end.

Ohio need to sharpen up majorly in the next three weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Even worse is the fact that some personnel guys working in the NFL are actually on the record as saying he'd have been a first round pick if he had come out last year. Unbelievable. No wonder some teams never improve.

Thing is their best QB is playing WR. JT Barrett is decent but Miller is a cut above imo.

• Advertisement

Pre-injury, sure. But we have no idea what he's like now, and theres plenty of people and reports who believe that the position change was not because Urban thought Barrett and Jones were better, it was because his shoulder surgeries resulted in him not being able to throw the ball anywhere near as good as he used to.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Bama are on Upset alert this weekend. I think Tennessee are a good team with a good QB but unfortunately a suspect coach so far this season. They are coming off their bye after a big win against Georgia. I can just smell the upset.... 6/1 aint bad either......

I also expect Miami to give Clemson a tough game at home. Its their last chance to be relevant this year.

Also, I'm not completely sold on Utah - but 3 point underdogs against USC??? I don't get that.

Its a bit of a down week this week, but in College football the big moments tend to happen when you least expect it.

At least 1 or 2 top ten teams will be left licking wounds come Sunday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That is a nice video and what it shows more than anything else is that the Fighting Irish players are smarter than the average football player.

Lots of leadership there too with Joe Schmidt, Chris Brown and Will Fuller amongst others.

Watching some of the Memphis - Tulsa game. Memphis QB, Paxton Lynch, looks pretty handy.

• Advertisement

Clemson already 28 - 0 up on Miami. Knew Clemson were good, didn't realize Miami were this bad!

42 - 0 at halftime to Clemson. Car crash stuff from Da U. Golden could be fired tomorrow.

Looking like the worst loss in Miami history.

The heart and soul left Miami long ago.

Good looking drive from Tennessee here. Need a score after coming up with nothing on their opening drive.

7 - 7 at halftime between Tennessee & Alabama. Both offenses have stuttered in the second quarter. Coker has been sacked twice and thrown a bad INT.

Great effort by tennessee. They'll be a big player next year.

Alabama jumped another hurdle and have a well earned bye week.

Unbelievable. 2 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Ohio were rolling last night, great game fr Barrett

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

what a game arizona/oregon trible ot and or win with a endzone interception, backed them in play at 2.10 and 4.65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

what a game arizona/oregon trible ot and or win with a endzone interception, backed them in play at 2.10 and 4.65

Their final TD should've been overruled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Their final TD should've been overruled.

looked at it from all the angles they showed, it was in, very very close though.

I backed them at 6.5 and put all the money I was lucky enough to win the night before on the soccer on it.

It's a great life when it's all over and I have all this money!

I couldn't be bothered posting it before or just after I put the bet on because that would be just too real.

TJ Barrett arrested for a dui!

TJ Barrett arrested for a dui!

Cardale Jones collected him from the station too.

Hopefully it's an isolated incident and dealt with internally

Cardale Jones collected him from the station too.

With the biggest smile on his face, according to reports :p

With the biggest smile on his face, according to reports :p

Funny how things play out. Particularly in college football.

I must say I'm genuinely shocked with JT, particularly after the journey he's been on this season.

He'll surely be suspended now.

Sony Michel, replacement for Nick Cubb at Georgia, gone to the locker room. Both offenses looking pretty anaemic so far.

And the Gators score a TD off a fumbled punt catch! PAT is then blocked.

That kind of game.

• Advertisement

Clemson getting better each week. Still some issues on defence but with the schedule they have they'll surely make the playoffs. Wasn't sold on Watson entering the year but he's won me over and then some. Fantastic quarterback.

Clemson getting better each week. Still some issues on defence but with the schedule they have they'll surely make the playoffs. Wasn't sold on Watson entering the year but he's won me over and then some. Fantastic quarterback.
    Well I thought tonight's performance was their worst of the season so far. Defense was very poor.

Poor defensively, but I think it was an anomaly. They've been very good on defense all year so I'm not going to read too much into tonight. The offence is just rolling. Hard to see who can stop them before the playoffs.

Yeah they've looked great all season and I really hope they remain unbeaten. I think the Irish could ride that wave into the playoffs too if they say unbeaten.

The loss to them was a tough one in horrendous conditions and by only two points. I think a lot of people would like to see a rematch and it could happen if the all the other unbeaten teams find a loss before the end of the season.

Deshone Kizer has some set of wheels for a big kid!

Notre Dame making hard work of this against Temple. Up 17-10 but have been terrible in the red zone. Nice looking Owls drive here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

polaris68 wrote: »
    Notre Dame making hard work of this against Temple. Up 17-10 but have been terrible in the red zone. Nice looking Owls drive here.

Unlucky with the catch not to go level there. Young receiver.

Shumate ejected for targeting. Bad to worse!

Ugh, three great stops and then they get in, gotta go straight back down and answer that straight away or I fear we lose this and we are 100% out of the playoffs.

That was horrendous, penalties on both sides of the ball are killing us. Need a stop right away now

Awful stuff, looking like a November collapse again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement