Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usage monitoring on the F1000

Options
  • 09-08-2015 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have a F1000 and I've been trying to work out how I can monitor what is consuming bandwidth on the WAN port of my network. Ideally something that would give me a breakdown my IP or MAC showing me a total usage and, if possible, a breakdown by destination.

I want to identify who is consuming excessive bandwidth and what they are doing to consume it.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this is possible on the F1000 and, if so, how ?

Either web gui or cli is fine.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

starfry wrote: »
    I have a F1000 and I've been trying to work out how I can monitor what is consuming bandwidth on the WAN port of my network. Ideally something that would give me a breakdown my IP or MAC showing me a total usage and, if possible, a breakdown by destination.

I want to identify who is consuming excessive bandwidth and what they are doing to consume it.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this is possible on the F1000 and, if so, how ?

Either web gui or cli is fine.

Thanks very much.
    Hi starfry

I have requested clarification on this from our technical support department. As soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Starfry[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Our technical support team have confirmed there is a section for this on the modem but it does not provide the level of detail you are looking for.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]In the “system monitor” -> “traffic status” section of the modem it will show the number of packets sent and received.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]This is shown for the 4 LAN ports and wireless.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]You will be able to narrow down over what connection the most bandwidth is being used but it won’t show what device is doing it[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 26 starfry

Hi Al, thanks for responding. The traffic status shows the total packets sent and received but it doesn't give details of the source and/or sink so doesn't really help. All traffic is on the wireless port so I can't break it down by port.

The "NAT" tab show me connected devices and open sessions but no measure of data transfer.

If I can't do this on the router is there any way for Eircom to provide a breakdown of the data flow that is presented on the myeircom broadband usage summary for past months?

Anything would help: by protocol or destination address. I'd like to identify the application (e.g. youtube or minecraft or whatever) is eating all my bandwidth.

starfry wrote: »
    Hi Al, thanks for responding. The traffic status shows the total packets sent and received but it doesn't give details of the source and/or sink so doesn't really help. All traffic is on the wireless port so I can't break it down by port.

The "NAT" tab show me connected devices and open sessions but no measure of data transfer.

If I can't do this on the router is there any way for Eircom to provide a breakdown of the data flow that is presented on the myeircom broadband usage summary for past months?

Anything would help: by protocol or destination address. I'd like to identify the application (e.g. youtube or minecraft or whatever) is eating all my bandwidth.
    Hi starfry

I will pass on this query to our technical support team and get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement