Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water not heating up in apartment

Options
  • 09-08-2015 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

When we put the emersion on in our apartment it only heats up to lukewarm, no matter how long we leave it, which is really annoying. We rent through an agency, should we contact them? Is it up to them to look into this for us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,991 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Check if you have a thermostat for it, could be turned down low.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Check if you have a thermostat for it, could be turned down low.

Good shout.

When I moved into the current house I'm in, couldn't for the life me of figure out how to get the water hot past luke warm. There was no old school immersion.

turned out I had to set a timer for the general heating, which in turn heats up the water. So I've that on a timer for the early mornings, and it gives hot water for the day.

But also there was a thermostat thing in the hotpress, that when I fiddled with a little sorted it out.

Made me wish I didn't moan when my ma used to ask me to flick on the immersion, and I actually asked what the hell it was an how it worked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

TheDoc wrote: »
    Good shout.

When I moved into the current house I'm in, couldn't for the life me of figure out how to get the water hot past luke warm. There was no old school immersion.

turned out I had to set a timer for the general heating, which in turn heats up the water. So I've that on a timer for the early mornings, and it gives hot water for the day.

But also there was a thermostat thing in the hotpress, that when I fiddled with a little sorted it out.

Made me wish I didn't moan when my ma used to ask me to flick on the immersion, and I actually asked what the hell it was an how it worked :D

Perfect, I'll check this out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

is it a dual element tank? If so it could just be on sink, and only the small element heating the top half of the tank, if it's on bath, the larger element at the bottom will heat the whole tank. Also the large element could be broken.

• Advertisement
Advertisement