Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    If i hadn't wildcarded I'd be trying hard to hold it till the next GW.
    Yeah GW6 is the ideal WC week in my opinion, gives you a chance to see who is in/out of starting elevens after deadline day signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah GW6 is the ideal WC week in my opinion, gives you a chance to see who is in/out of starting elevens after deadline day signing.

Thanks guys.
    Feel better now about holding the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

In all these years, I have never understood the rationale for waiting a long time before using a WC. After two or three weeks, you clearly know who is in-form. If necessary, change your team. If you don't, you miss all of the price increases for the unexpected in-form players that you did not select on your initial team. Then when you get around to your WC, you have fewer options because the players you want are more expensive.

Once you pull the WC trigger, you don't do anything for two weeks and you have two free transfers. So, if some great player transfer occurs, you have room to maneuver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I typically use early but that doesn't make it the right way either. It is if the players that start well keep doing well but it doesn't always pan out that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

CSF wrote: »
    I typically use early but that doesn't make it the right way either. It is if the players that start well keep doing well but it doesn't always pan out that way.

I think this year when you have 1 that you must use in the 1st half of the season, it makes more sense to use it early.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I think this year when you have 1 that you must use in the 1st half of the season, it makes more sense to use it early.

I'd still say it makes sense to use it when you need it most. If you start well there's no point wildcarding just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If you have picked a good initial team that hits the ground running it makes total sense to keep your wildcard. Unfortunately it's something that rarely happens for me and the odd time it does I still can't resist the wildcard button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'd still say it makes sense to use it when you need it most. If you start well there's no point wildcarding just because.

Exactly, one year I had good start and kept my main wildcard until April-then dismantled my team to try and fail to catch a rival.

I was never a fan of the January wildcard as by then I normally have a lot of players I either want to keep or can't afford to get rid of and buy back due to price rises. The new system gives a lot more flexibility.

This year with mid/low price players out performing premium players and 'big' clubs being hit and miss an early wildcard was fully justified for many. I'd normally try and take a few hits before the international break if needed but low GW scores meant hits would kill my points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Big Borg wrote: »
    In all these years, I have never understood the rationale for waiting a long time before using a WC. After two or three weeks, you clearly know who is in-form. If necessary, change your team. If you don't, you miss all of the price increases for the unexpected in-form players that you did not select on your initial team. Then when you get around to your WC, you have fewer options because the players you want are more expensive.

Once you pull the WC trigger, you don't do anything for two weeks and you have two free transfers. So, if some great player transfer occurs, you have room to maneuver.

Never say never, but I don't see myself ever using it before the transfer window closes. Too many variables such as Myhill who is putting up big points yet might be ousted. I think with no Jan WC and most people holding the second until March/April it also means going 30 GWs between WCs. It's all a very personal thing though, when you need more than 4 transfers you should pull the trigger no matter what GW it is

Ayew going up tonight now according to FPLStats. I still won't risk it ahead of two ACON qualifiers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ayew going up tonight now according to FPLStats. I still won't risk it ahead of two ACON qualifiers

There is only one game on 5/09 from what I can see:confused:

wonski wrote: »
    There is only one game on 5/09 from what I can see:confused:

Whoops, friendly on Tuesday and ACON quali on Saturday
    http://m.goal.com/s/en-gh/news/4389/ghana/2015/08/26/14777192/grant-names-ghana-squad-for-congo-and-rwanda

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Big Borg wrote: »

This is the theory though. In practice it's rarely as easy. Unless you got a real bad start you may not have that many transfers to do. And the value chase, although still important, is a lot lessened now with the WC transfers excluded. Like Ziegler I generally try to hold it until the transfer window closes.

A couple of years ago I felt I was not needing to play it early (have to say I wasn't chasing value as much back then) and held on my 1st WC until a huge DGW (think it was GW36) in which I got a monstrous score, 145 pts IIRC, more than twice the GW average, I made 50+ pts on some private leagues rivals, won both weekly & monthly prizes.

There's no rule. It depends upon the shape your team is in. This year, had I played my WC during GW 3, I'd be 25-35 pts better. How much could I potentially gain from it later? We'll see ;)...

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.

mick-mccarthy-007_zps4aea2085.jpg

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    McCarthy, Alex
    Touré, Yaya
    Wilson, Callum

Mick-McCarthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:
    Larsson, Sebastian
    Ivanovic, Branislav
    Wisdom, Andre
    Federici, Adam
    Willian
    Sakho, Mamadou
    Ramires
    Ledley, Joe
    Tioté, Cheick
    Pérez, Ayoze
    Buckley, William
    Van Ginkel, Marco

After my above post, finally gave in to the WC... just for my transfers not going through since price changes had occured :rolleyes:... Will reassess again WC & transfers to-day/night...

So.

Yaya, Wilson, Kolarov & 20130423031228Mick-McCarthy_2717695.jpgUP!

Larsson, Ivanovic, Wisdom, Federici, Willian, Sakho, Ramires, Ledley, Tioté, Ayozé, Buckley, Van Ginkel DOWN¡

No move on Pedro still. Not surprising with him being a popular wildcard choice I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No move on Pedro still. Not surprising with him being a popular wildcard choice I suppose.

Fffix reckon his protection must have been extended.

Could they have an accurate count of his wildcard transfers though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm assuming McCarthy will go up 0.2 this week given his early price rise ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm assuming McCarthy will go up 0.2 this week given his early price rise ;)

When is Speroni due back??

• Advertisement

Where do you see that?

12th September (from FPL flagging info & FFS injury room). Hopefully that's true such that I don't regret not making the £0.1m cash profit on McCarthy :p...

iroced wrote: »
    Where do you see that?

12th September (from FPL flagging info & FFS injury room). Hopefully that's true such that I don't regret not making the £0.1m cash profit on McCarthy :p...

Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm thinking of switching Courtois to Speroni. Would have McCarthy and Speroni then, and bank 0.9m

Speroni was back to full fitness already from what I read from Pardew in the pre-Chelsea press, he will have a difficult job displacing McCarthy with them being 2nd in the league I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hypothetical.

I buy Mahrez at 5.5m, he goes up to 6.1m, i have re sale of 5.8m (i think), lets say he dropsto 6.0m even 5.9m , do i still have re sale of 5.8m or does that drop accordingly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Deco99 wrote: »
    Hypothetical.

I buy Mahrez at 5.5m, he goes up to 6.1m, i have re sale of 5.8m (i think), lets say he dropsto 6.0m even 5.9m , do i still have re sale of 5.8m or does that drop accordingly?

It drops accordingly as you say. He'll get you 5.7 if he drops to 6 and still 5.7 if he drops to 5.9 (the last one is a freebie:p)

I monitored Coates from yesterday eve.

For this GW he was on 965 TO & 10 TI on 31/08 at 2 am. He's now on 1217 TO & 15 TI. 247 NTO.

Hmm... he's just above the -100% mark on FPLS & "only" at -95% on FFF. Accounting for some WC transfers he could escape the drop again tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

For this GW he was on 965 TO & 10 TI on 31/08 at 2 am. He's now on 1217 TO & 15 TI. 247 NTO.

Hmm... he's just above the -100% mark on FPLS & "only" at -95% on FFF. Accounting for some WC transfers he could escape the drop again tonight...

Fingers crossed for you.
    Doesn't it take more NTO for a second drop in value?

ElTel wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for you.
    Doesn't it take more NTO for a second drop in value?
    It used to. Not sure it does now (must check zarquon great post about it ;)) but anyway Coates didn't drop this week so it doesn't appply here, unfortunately for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up: Silva, Ayew, Vardy, Gomis

Down: Anichebe, Cahill, Arteta, Gibbs, Distin, Hammond, Lamela, Cazorla, Cook, de Gea

Up: Silva, Ayew, Vardy, Gomis

Down: Anichebe, Cahill, Arteta, Gibbs, Distin, Hammond, Lamela, Cazorla, Cook, de Gea

De Gea drop in doubt though apparently.... ;)

Puuled the trigger on Payet -> Ayew yesterday. My fortnight of reassessing is well on its way now :p...

Great when a plan goes smoothly :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Any big name risers or fallers due tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Pedro, Kompany and Albrighton predicted to rise...

Lots of players set to fall, but no big hitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

Pedro will be close

• Advertisement

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:
    Kompany, Vincent

Down:
    Forster, Fraser
    Jedinak, Mile
    Berahino, Saido
    Moreno, Alberto
    Haugaard, Jakob

Coates survived !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I totally didn't think who is Vincent and why are people buying him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Coates survived !

I really don't want to use my transfer before the internationals but I shouldn't let him drop to 4.3 right?

Who's a good alternative? Ward? I want someone ideally who won't be on international duty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

8-10 wrote: »
    I really don't want to use my transfer before the internationals but I shouldn't let him drop to 4.3 right?

Who's a good alternative? Ward? I want someone ideally who won't be on international duty

Ward, Francis, Muniesa

• Advertisement

Depends who are your other defenders and what's your plan at the back.

If you plan a 3-way cheap rotation associated with 2 premium, 'Pool-Norwich-Palace work well. Same with Saints-Stoke-Norwich.
    You can use FantasyFootballScout next-6-ticker for this purpose ;).

Depends who are your other defenders and what's your plan at the back.

If you plan a 3-way cheap rotation associated with 2 premium, 'Pool-Norwich-Palace work well. Same with Saints-Stoke-Norwich.
    You can use FantasyFootballScout next-6-ticker for this purpose ;).

Already used it. I like West Ham if it's a one-week punt before Wildcard, Bournemouth, WBA and City if I'm going to hold off a few weeks.

So gives me options of Francis, Cresswell, Evans, Kolarov or Kompany with Ward another option as he might go up soon.

Coates' days are numbered

Already used it. I like West Ham if it's a one-week punt before Wildcard, Bournemouth, WBA and City if I'm going to hold off a few weeks.

So gives me options of Francis, Cresswell, Evans, Kolarov or Kompany with Ward another option as he might go up soon.

Coates' days are numbered
    If you can afford Kolarov for him, with Clichy out for 5-6 weeks, and City glorious upcoming fixtures, it's a no-brainer to me ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FPL Statistics are speculating that Pedro's price lock may not have been removed due to proximity to the international break:

https://twitter.com/fpl_statistics/status/639076536176521216

zarquon wrote: »
    FPL Statistics are speculating that Pedro's price lock may not have been removed due to proximity to the international break:

https://twitter.com/fpl_statistics/status/639076536176521216

Any precedent here?

Any precedent here?
    Can't remember any :confused:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Can't remember any :confused:...

Likewise. Everyone is just guessing with Pedro. His price is definitely anomalous. It's bad luck for Pedro owners as his price should have risen by at least 0.2 by now based on his NTI since Saturday.

football-mick-mccarthy-ipwich-sky-bet-championship_3249920_zpsm6f1caqk.jpg

Up:

Down:
    Jagielka
    Simpson
    Brunt
    Cabaye
    Özil
    Armstrong
    Pozo
    Loftus-Cheek
    Joselu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

So according to Fantasyfootballfix Pedro is now at 212% of the way towards a price rise. Assuming his price is fixed until after the international break he could be close to 300%. Does anyone know if that means he will go up by .3 or just .1? Would like to get him in but budget is tight and unless I take a 4pt hit it'll be another week before I get him in. The budget will stretch to .1 extra but not .2 or .3

Can only go up 0.1 at a time

• Advertisement
Advertisement