Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Going Up: Albrighton

Going Down: Baines

Baines 6.2m now, must have been a long, long time since he was that low.

Still too high given he's not on pens anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

UP: No one

Down: Valdes, Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

zarquon wrote: »
    UP: No one

He's on a charge! Got a bunch of rises towards the end if last season iirc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Coates now 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

8-10 wrote: »
    Coates now 4.3

Sorry Iroced, he's finally caved in to peer pressure and gone down like a wrestlemania pro ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Colking wrote: »
    Sorry Iroced, he's finally caved in to peer pressure and gone down like a wrestlemania pro ;)

He'll rise again... but not yet, not yet :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    I have last years fiso stats somewhere. I'll do a wee analysis sometime. Probably be Monday.

Right. As promised. With Graphs!!

Key points:
    • The International Break last year was in GW4 noted with the **, its GW5 this year so slightly different dynamic.
    • The best week for wildcard value last year from Gw2 to Gw6 was GW3 with 4 x 0.2 (or greater) rises. The International week had less rises overall but had 3 double risers. The week after the break had more rises than GW4 but less double risers.
    • The week after International break was not better than International week contrary to my recollection and others.
    • In GW3 on the 28th August (Thurs) there were no rises for some reason which may skew that weeks rises somewhat.
    • The bandwagons in GW4 were more to do with player form, as there were overall less rises that week than the week before or after. The GW4 bandwagons were Costa (coming of the back of two 12 pointers GW2 & 3 and suddenly essential, Sterling and Naismith (who rose 0.3).
    • The GW3 bandwagons were Dier, Siggy, Naismith and Jovetic (who rose 0.3).
    • The GW5 bandwagons were Costa and Di Maria

I'll do the comparative figures for this year when this GW closes, but I think this years international break wont be as good as last year.

361559.jpg

Comparing this year to date the rises were:

GW2 - 7 rises, no multiple risers.
    GW3 - 26 rises, 3 x 0.2 rises (Gomis, Yaya, Mahrez)
    GW4 - 17 rises, 1 x 0.2, 1 x 0.3 (Wilson and Mahrez)
    GW5 to date - 13 rises, potential 0.2s = 3 (Gomis, Ayew, Wilson)

Can't see any more of the 13 who've risen so far this week making the 0.2.

Aleksandar Kolarov
    Alex McCarthy
    André Ayew
    Bafétimbi Gomis
    Callum Wilson
    Cheikhou Kouyaté
    David Silva
    Gnegneri Yaya Touré
    Jamie Vardy
    Joel Ward
    Marc Albrighton
    Ross Barkley
    Vincent Kompany

Overall price Falls vs Rises

2014/15 to end GW5
    Total Price Changes 482
    Rises 68 (14%)
    Falls 414 (86%)

2015/16 to today.
    Total Price Changes 476
    Rises 63 (13.2%)
    Falls 413 (86.8%)

Given there will be a Friday rush this week the number of changes will be higher at the end of GW5 this year but the ratio of rises to falls is almost identical so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Overall price Falls vs Rises

2014/15 to end GW5
    Total Price Changes 482
    Rises 68 (14%)
    Falls 414 (86%)

2015/16 to today.
    Total Price Changes 476
    Rises 63 (13.2%)
    Falls 413 (86.8%)

Given there will be a Friday rush this week the number of changes will be higher at the end of GW5 this year but the ratio of rises to falls is almost identical so far.

It's strange. It feels like there are a lot more fallers this year than in previous years and a lot less risers

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    It's strange. It feels like there are a lot more fallers this year than in previous years and a lot less risers

The siesmic change happened last year. Before that there were.

I had tracked the ratio of rises vs falls for the first 6 or 7 weeks last year as it was very unusual which is why i have the records saved.

Its practically the same this year but as its still relatively new everyone seems to have forgotten last year.

Btw. I don't suppose anyone saved all the price changes from FISO last season? I stopped halfway through gw7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Full changes from last night:
    Up:
    Nobody

Down:
    Young, Ashley
    Britton, Leon
    Varela, Guillermo
    Aké, Nathan
    Coates, Sebastián
    Ayew, Jordan
    Veretout, Jordan

Risers: None

Fallers: R. Bennett, Lallana, J. King

Fallers:

Milner, James
    Puncheon, Jason
    Okore, Jores
    Deulofeu, Gerard
    Pritchard, Alex
    Ulloa, Leonardo
    Ospina, David
    Hesketh, Jake
    Fuchs, Christian
    Depay, Memphis
    Martina, Cuco
    Reine-Adelaide, Jeff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fallers:

Milner, James
    Puncheon, Jason
    Okore, Jores
    Deulofeu, Gerard
    Pritchard, Alex
    Ulloa, Leonardo
    Ospina, David
    Hesketh, Jake
    Fuchs, Christian
    Depay, Memphis
    Martina, Cuco
    Reine-Adelaide, Jeff

Boring week so far...

Not surprised Fuchs went down, though. Most teams got rid of him recently:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Didn't really expect Depay to go down last night. Makes the decision to keep him another week a lot easier though so no biggie.

CSF wrote: »
    Didn't really expect Depay to go down last night. Makes the decision to keep him another week a lot easier though so no biggie.

Pretty pleased with the week so far. My risky 2 early transfers move paid off. No injuries, and will net me 0.5 in tv, 0.3 in resale while setting my team up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Pretty pleased with the week so far. My risky 2 early transfers move paid off. No injuries, and will net me 0.5 in tv, 0.3 in resale while setting my team up nicely.

Fair play, it's really working out well for you so far. That seems like a fantastic result, what were the transfers again?
    At least my team looks like remaining static for this gameweek and the way things have gone I consider that a result:o Now it's a matter of timing the wildcard right to get something back. Could do with a few massive performances some week to get it right.

Fair play, it's really working out well for you so far. That seems like a fantastic result, what were the transfers again?
    At least my team looks like remaining static for this gameweek and the way things have gone I consider that a result:o Now it's a matter of timing the wildcard right to get something back. Could do with a few massive performances some week to get it right.

Diouf to Wilson
    Depay to Ayew.

Diouf now an injury doubt. Depay dropped. The 2 incoming pretty certain to go up 0.2. :D

It was a roll of the dice and doesn't always work though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Took my eye off the ball and Depay dropped. Crap. Was going to do him to Pedro.

It definitely wasn't clear that Depay was going to drop the way the week had been going, he was on 99.7 late yesterday evening and most people that hit over the 100.0 mark took a day or 2 to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Same. Think I'll probably just keep him for this week now and bank the transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Another one for the keeping Memphis gang. Was planning on getting him out tonight or tomorrow morning for a -4 but just going to hold for another week now. Plus, I have a sneaky feeling if he's going to start banging in goals Liverpool at home would be a good place to start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone know what number Sanchez was at yesterday? Do you think he'll go up tonight or can I get away with waiting a day!

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone know what number Sanchez was at yesterday? Do you think he'll go up tonight or can I get away with waiting a day!

He hasn't moved much. I have him but don't understand the rush towards him. I'm so frustrated with him after 2 blanks.

• Advertisement

He hasn't moved much. I have him but don't understand the rush towards him. I'm so frustrated with him after 2 blanks.

There was a favourable article on FFS about him which may be leading to part of this.

Dónal wrote: »
    There was a favourable article on FFS about him which may be leading to part of this.

Possibly. I'm happy to have him this week but don't think I'd have moved to transfer him in if I did not after 2 consecutive blanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jimmii wrote: »

He's only at +0.09%/hour on FFFix. I think it's safe although if you have exact money I probably wouldn't risk it

He's only at +0.09%/hour on FFFix. I think it's safe although if you have exact money I probably wouldn't risk it

Its right on the money unfortunately. I'll monitor it later and see how he's progressing.

I doubt he'll go up tonight but I expect he will tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Continue to keep the faith, he's done everything right but stick it away, I've upgraded Ozil to him and am hoping he'll break his duck in the next few games spectacularly.

93.2 now looking pretty safe.

Risers:
    Targett, Matt
    Wilson, callum

Fallers:
    Sturridge, Daniel
    Colback, Jack
    Mutch, Jordon
    Walters, Jonathan
    Odemwingie, Peter
    Cleverley, Tom
    Rangel, Angel
    Carroll, Tom
    Fulton, Jay
    Williamson, Michael
    Jiménez López, Juan Miguel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Damn, should have brought Wilson in yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Wilson is single handly rescuing my TV. Gotta my act together from next gw on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Will Tee Bo survive tonight lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Will Tee Bo survive tonight lads?

I hope he does, already lost 0.1 on him.

Fail of the season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Is Pedro definitely protected or is it just the general assumption since he hasn't rose yet?

Still no price changes. I hope these website issues don't lead to another fpl price rises cock up. Wildcarders will be pretty pissed off.

No price rises or falls is a strange one. They must have held them due to the website crash.

• Advertisement

No price rises or falls is a strange one. They must have held them due to the website crash.

F*&% typical. On a wildcard and was counting on Ayew and Gomis going up last night to transfer one of them out this morning to finalise my team.

The fact that they've price protected Pedro too is sickening :(

Main fantasy site unavailable for an hour last night. No price changes so far. See 'News' page on my site for implications. #FPL

@fpl_statistics

Gentlemen, what would you do in my situation :

Begovic McCarthy
    Targett Evans Francis Kolarov Gomez
    Ayew Yaya Touré Mahrez Pedro Sánchez
    Gomis Wilson Agüero

I was going to downgrade either Gomis or Ayew this morning to bank the .1 and replace Target with Cresswell
    Looks like there will be no price rises now though.

I can operate with that team and slowly burn my FTover the next week or two to achieve what I wanted this morning. I have most of the players in who are likely to continue to rise.

Or should I bite the bullet on the potential rises, sort out my team and stay in a position to bank the FT next week ?

It's a tough call, your advice is welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Gentlemen, what would you do in my situation :

Begovic McCarthy
    Targett Evans Francis Kolarov Gomez
    Ayew Yaya Touré Mahrez Pedro Sánchez
    Gomis Wilson Agüero

I was going to downgrade either Gomis or Ayew this morning to bank the .1
    Looks like there will be no price rises now though.

I can operate with that team and slowly burn my FTover the next week or two to achieve what I wanted this morning. I have most of the players in who are likely to continue to rise.

Or should I bite the bullet on the potential rises, sort out my team and stay in a position to bank the FT next week ?

It's a tough call, your advice is welcome.

It sounds like you had a solid plan in place, I wouldn't alter that for the sake of the .1 you missed out on. Those .1s can be annoying from time to time but you can't let them be at the very front of your mind in making plans.
    For what it's worth I think Ayew will be a more valuable asset this year than Gomis, on the other hand there's a lot more alternative mid price mids than forwards.
    Good luck!

It sounds like you had a solid plan in place, I wouldn't alter that for the sake of the .1 you missed out on. Those .1s can be annoying from time to time but you can't let them be at the very front of your mind in making plans.
    For what it's worth I think Ayew will be a more valuable asset this year than Gomis, on the other hand there's a lot more alternative mid price mids than forwards.
    Good luck!

Thanks, I'm leaning that way but its very annoying alright. If I keep Ayew it means going to 3-5-2 and downgrading Gomis as I think Wilson has the form and fixtures over him. Gomis will probably score a hat trick though and go up .3 this week :(

From FPLS news page....

"The main fantasy site was unavailable, for approximately an hour, from just before midnight last night.

The main consequence is that no price changes took place overnight.

I’m not running the morning cleanup processes in case they implement the price changes before the new game week starts. The consequences of this are that the price prediction screens will look very messy today. If the main site does not run the price changes this morning then a further problem will occur when the base line adjustments are run at the start of the new game week. I will issue an update on this later today."

From FPLS news page....

"The main fantasy site was unavailable, for approximately an hour, from just before midnight last night.

The main consequence is that no price changes took place overnight.

I’m not running the morning cleanup processes in case they implement the price changes before the new game week starts. The consequences of this are that the price prediction screens will look very messy today. If the main site does not run the price changes this morning then a further problem will occur when the base line adjustments are run at the start of the new game week. I will issue an update on this later today."

so is it a case of Braveheart and Hold......................... do you think ?

so is it a case of Braveheart and Hold......................... do you think ?

I'd probably give it a while anyway.

They may discover the problem this morning and run the price rises.

Last year when it happened Chadli did rise (no other changes) and the time on the Fiso records was 12 the following day or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

On a WC and was waiting on finalising to see if i could get a further rise on Gomis who i plan to ditch.

Seems like people are saying it could be worth holding out another hour or so for an update?

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    On a WC and was waiting on finalising to see if i could get a further rise on Gomis who i plan to ditch.

Seems like people are saying it could be worth holding out another hour or so for an update?
    Don't see it happening myself. Looks like you've missed out on a .1 to play with because of a website error which is really ****ty.

Advertisement