Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Don't see it happening myself. Looks like you've missed out on a .1 to play with because of a website error which is really ****ty.

Yeah. It's a very long shot. But worth waiting if youve the time.

If i was on wild card I'd be fuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Thoughts on silva? It says he'll be back next week, would he be likely to fall? Wondering should I bank the .1 on him

This fpl balls up will also make next week a slightly better one for wildcarders. If you pull the trigger this evening you'll get effectively the friday night rush from this gw and 7 or 8 possible rises to start you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    This fpl balls up will also make next week a slightly better one for wildcarders. If you pull the trigger this evening you'll get effectively the friday night rush from this gw and 7 or 8 possible rises to start you off.

Possibly the answer to my prayers????:p

Still unsure if I need it though, I'll see how I look at the end of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Have to love the first page of FFFix progress per hour: Naismith, Barkley, Walcott, Martial, Blind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Have to love the first page of FFFix progress per hour: Naismith, Barkley, Walcott, Martial, Blind

Season of the casual yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hard to figure how Bellerin is on -48% towards price drop while Azpilicueta is only -22% ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Invincible wrote: »
    Hard to figure how Bellerin is on -48% towards price drop while Azpilicueta is only -22% ??

He was very close to a drop (-90%) after the first two matches and has ManU and Man City defenders in his price bracket taking transfers away. I'm happy to have him as a big differential

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

He was very close to a drop (-90%) after the first two matches and has ManU and Man City defenders in his price bracket taking transfers away. I'm happy to have him as a big differential

He always looks good when I watch the gunners.
    Maybe considered more of a rotation risk than others in his price bracket
    Would have him as my transfer tonight only for Shaw will rise.

If I transfer Alderweireld to Shaw tonight he still counts for points against Sunderland tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

ElTel wrote: »
    If I transfer Alderweireld to Shaw tonight he still counts for points against Sunderland tomorrow?

Yep.

Toby is still in this week's team. Shaw only for next Week onwards.

Thinking of Bellerin in for Azpilicueta, have Kolarov,Shaw,High & Targett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Risers: Sako, Mahrez, Hart, Shaw, Redmond, Ayew, Gomis

Fallers: Debuchy, Rosicky, Zelalem, Crespo, Carlos Sánchez, Carles Gil, J. Cole, Gestede, Mings, Kermorgant, Gradel, Fábregas, Remy, Kelly, Mariappa, Hangeland, King, Henderson, Origi, Clichy, Johnstone, Rooney, Aarons, Cissé, Dorrans, Bassong, J. Rodriguez, Clasie, Dembélé, N'Jie, Wollscheid, Bardsley, Crouch, Adam, Afellay, Watmore, Ki, Deeney, Paredes, Lambert, Lee, Zárate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Deeney will surely go straight back up this week.

jimmii wrote: »
    Deeney will surely go straight back up this week.

Lots of Norwich love here.
    Whittaker or Houlighan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Wow, so many fallers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ElTel wrote: »
    Lots of Norwich love here.
    Whittaker or Houlighan?

King Wessi is your only man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We got screwed over a little on Aguero and Sanchez didn't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

We got screwed over a little on Aguero and Sanchez didn't we?
    You mean we got screwed over a huge lot on Pedro :mad:?!

FPLS have him starting to drop now :eek: :rolleyes:...

FPL mystery around him is just pathetically ridiculous :rolleyes:... So the guy was actually protected for 3 weeks ?! It would be fair for us to know about such a new rule wouldn't it?

iroced wrote: »
    You mean we got screwed over a huge lot on Pedro :mad:?!

FPLS have him starting to drop now :eek: :rolleyes:...

FPL mystery around him is just pathetically ridiculous :rolleyes:... So the guy was actually protected for 3 weeks ?! It would be fair for us to know about such a new rule wouldn't it?

I don't know what happened there to be honest. Seemed like he did get enough transfers for a rise, the only reason why he mightn't is if a disproportionate amount were wildcards.

FPL price rise rules have always been the opposite of transparent which does surprise me in such a stats based game, but at the same time, we do know why they do it.

• Advertisement

I don't know what happened there to be honest. Seemed like he did get enough transfers for a rise, the only reason why he mightn't is if a disproportionate amount were wildcards.

FPL price rise rules have always been the opposite of transparent which does surprise me in such a stats based game, but at the same time, we do know why they do it.

Sure he was only 0.6% to a drop when I checked earlier, if he were to have a good game in CL, he could get enough to swing it around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So will Pedro finally get his rises now, or will his progression be reset? Now showing as just over 300% on FFFix.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So will Pedro finally get his rises now, or will his progression be reset? Now showing as just over 300% on FFFix.

That's strange, as fpls have him at 0.7% to a drop.

Invincible wrote: »
    That's strange, as fpls have him at 0.7% to a drop.

Their theory seems to be that he was locked till yesterday. So since then he's in negative nti.

Surely hazard will start to drop more freely now.

FHFC wrote: »
    Their theory seems to be that he was locked till yesterday. So since then he's in negative nti.

Surely hazard will start to drop more freely now.

He should with their lacklustre form so far, nice to get him in for 10.8-11.0 when they rediscover they're "Champions" :-)

In fairness I don't know why they do it.

The only thing I can think of is to encourage the development of price predictions sites that have become very popular these last few years.

But if FPL were to track the price changes themselves, I don't see any inch of a beginning of a start of a tiny microscopic negative effect for the game. I actually think the opposite would happen, casuals would get more active transfer-wise with this new "tool" to play with. We can see that with the new chips this year. So, still a mystery in my book.

In fairness I don't know why they do it.

The only thing I can think of is to encourage the development of price predictions sites that have become very popular these last few years.

But if FPL were to track the price changes themselves, I don't see any inch of a beginning of a start of a tiny microscopic negative effect for the game. I actually think the opposite would happen, casuals would get more active transfer-wise with this new "tool" to play with. We can see that with the new chips this year. So, still a mystery in my book.

I think the fear that casuals would start to view the game as too complicated and not worth the hassle. Which probably would happen.

I think the fear that casuals would start to view the game as too complicated and not worth the hassle. Which probably would happen.
    Sorry to insist but I don't get this point. Currently casuals can see that players change in price... somehow. More often than we'd like to think, it messes up their transfer "plan" because they get easily priced out.

In addition, if FPL was just to add a tab about price changes, most casuals would not realise it and it'd make no diff for them. I mean, even in this forum a lot of people are not aware of all the features/info available on the FPL website (e.g. NTI & NTO per round & overall, how the bonus points system works, etc...).

Sorry to insist but I don't get this point. Currently casuals can see that players change in price... somehow. More often than we'd like to think, it messes up their transfer "plan" because they get easily priced out.

In addition, if FPL was just to add a tab about price changes, most casuals would not realise it and it'd make no diff for them. I mean, even in this forum a lot of people are not aware of all the features/info available on the FPL website (e.g. NTI & NTO per round & overall, how the bonus points system works, etc...).

Most casuals don't understand that there's a science to it that needs to be managed. Casuals like the game to be pick a team, log in once a week and leave it at that.

If NTI and all the complex rules regarding how it works came in as a visible part of the game, some would definitely view that the game being overly complicated. The game IS really complicated, but they don't know that.

I mean you constantly have people posting on here who I wouldn't really even consider to be casual on asking us how the price rises work when selling a player. People really are blissfully ignorant to how the mechanics of the game work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Robert Huth near a change at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lemlin wrote: »
    Robert Huth near a change at all?

96.2% to a fall according to FPLS :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

RossieMan wrote: »
    Some people read way to much into this game. Casuals? Get over yourselves.

It's just a game, makes the weekend that little bit more interesting. I wouldn't say there is any science to it, its a game of complete luck mostly.

Telling a community vested in this game to get over themselves. No.

Everyone else, report the post. Do not backseat mod.

Mod cap off, to be honest I have made literally thousands from players with this attitude over the last few years. There is certainly an element of luck but it's about 80/20 in favour of skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hazard dropping tonight is annoying. Had a great GW but might wildcard anyway to get rid of him and upgrade a few other positions. Him and Aguero are a huge drain on their owners right now. I stuck with Aguero through his barren spell last season and when I finally got rid he scored twice, too afraid to transfer him out!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Telling a community vested in this game to get over themselves. No.

Everyone else, report the post. Do not backseat mod.

Mod cap off, to be honest I have made literally thousands from players with this attitude over the last few years. There is certainly an element of luck but it's about 80/20 in favour of skill.

Did you have to delete the posts though I thought the guys made some decent points :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

A message about why my post was deleted would be nice? I wasn't attacking anyone specifically.
    I've finished top 100,000 the last few years, top 30,000 last year. I'd be the first to say I know very little about football, game of pure luck. Having the right players before they get in form.

Edit: just seen my PM's. apparently I was being uncivil. Sorry for going against the grain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

A message about why my post was deleted would be nice? I wasn't attacking anyone specifically.
    I've finished top 100,000 the last few years, top 30,000 last year. I'd be the first to say I know very little about football, game of pure luck. Having the right players before they get in form.

Edit: just seen my PM's. apparently I was being uncivil. Sorry for going against the grain.

Those finishes would show that you're not a bad player, but it's really not pure luck at all, unless you mean that it's lucky when the players you have carefully selected have done well. It is a bit of a pity that the initial responses to your post were deleted, they were sensible and measured, nobody attacked you.

It is the whole point of this forum to take the game a bit more seriously than others, boards is full of whacky forums, there's no point telling us that it's only a silly game, we all know that. But a lot of money can be made by playing it well.

I can completely understand taking it seriously when money is involved. But to call it a science is a bit of a stretch for me personally.
    I didn't actually get a chance to see any of the responses, they could have been very good and helped me understand what was actually mean by the term casuals.

Anyway back on topic, Ill probably hold my FT this week and see what Aguero/sliva. is like come Friday. Have 3.9in the bank so can pretty much get/do anything.

I can completely understand taking it seriously when money is involved. But to call it a science is a bit of a stretch for me personally.
    I didn't actually get a chance to see any of the responses, they could have been very good and helped me understand what was actually mean by the term casuals.

Anyway back on topic, Ill probably hold my FT this week and see what Aguero/sliva. is like come Friday. Have 3.9in the bank so can pretty much get/do anything.

My response also deleted (and hopefully FG won't mind us discussing the actual topic in a sensible manner) was backing what swiper had said. To me "casual" is in no way a derogatory term, basically for me it means "normal" as in the lucky sods who dont spend half their waking lives thinking and plotting about FPL. Its a compliment! Its just a factual way of describing people who approach this game more casually than some of us nuts.

There are many many nuances and strategies (rotations, use of subs, team structure, price changes - that they exist as well as how they work, double gws, captaining sensibly) that 'normal' players dont have (or want to have) a clue about.

The "not normal" players round here will beat the others every time by being consistent, not making silly mistakes, being informed on stats and injuries, etc. Its this fact that make some of us play for money as the deck is loaded against the "normals".

There is of course luck, as we're seeing at the moment but you have to make your own luck, or put yourself in a position to be lucky by being consistent, informed etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If there is a science to it, it's Statistics. It'd be interesting to see how someone would get on for the year if they did exactly what FFFix or some other algorithm told them to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I didn't actually get a chance to see any of the responses, they could have been very good and helped me understand what was actually mean by the term casuals..

Many posters here finish regularly in the top 10k. To consistently achieve this proves that there is an element of skill involved. There is a science too unless you call mathematics, quackery. Game theory and statistics are a large part of the game such as used by bookies to give them a mathematical edge. The same principles apply to fantasy football where it is possible to gain an edge over "casual" players which is experimentally proven by the hundreds of players that score well every season

To discount it all as luck is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If there is a science to it, it's Statistics. It'd be interesting to see how someone would get on for the year if they did exactly what FFFix or some other algorithm told them to.

Someone did this last year on ffs using their rmt tool only and finished 3k overall. More evidence to show there is a science involved.

As a mathematician myself i understand the nuances in this game and its facile to argue otherwise based on no evidence but just opinion

Alright lads, I understand where you're coming from. I just seen casual as a bit of an insult to bed honest, like some of you are better than the average Joe player. Sometimes I hate this thread, for example with captain choice I picked Aguero following the crowd, where I had it on dier right until the last second. Not sure why though, had a feeling theyd keep a clean sheet at least.

Alright lads, I understand where you're coming from. I just seen casual as a bit of an insult to bed honest, like some of you are better than the average Joe player. Sometimes I hate this thread, for example with captain choice I picked Aguero following the crowd, where I had it on dier right until the last second. Not sure why though, had a feeling theyd keep a clean sheet at least.

It's a game of probability and statistics, crazy that you could consider Dier as captain ahead of Aguero from the info available to us prior to Saturday. A very casual captain pick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

zarquon wrote: »
    Someone did this last year on ffs using their rmt tool only and finished 3k overall. More evidence to show there is a science involved.

As a mathematician myself i understand the nuances in this game and its facile to argue otherwise based on no evidence but just opinion

I think everyone is talking past one another.

Serious (hardcore) players means informed players. They research and make rational decisions. Maybe there is an element of putting money in play also.

There are casual players who also inform themselves. Just as good as the serious players. It is just a matter of doing research and making good decisions.

Then there are the truly casual players who have favorite players pick them and keep them (even when they are injured long term), or don't pay attention week to week.

I'd have to say that it is likely that serious players on this Board would be better than an informed casual player not participating on these boards. Much better and more timely info here.

Some of us are better than the average joe player though. And it's not as if we spend our lives on this forum talking about how great we are but it is fair to say, and the term casual is a good non-offensive term to describe the guys who don't take the game seriously, the prime targets in pay leagues for the hustler types amongst us.

I wouldn't put myself in that bracket, but if you ask me whether I wanna be up against a guy who knows all the stats and trends and puts careful plans in place week in advance, or the guy who is more casual about it and just logs on and decides what he's doing on the Friday, that's an easy decision even for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.

mick-mccarthy-007_zps4aea2085.jpg

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:
    Smalling, Chris
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    Barkley, Ross

Mick-McCarthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:
    Collins, James
    Rodwell, Jack
    Bogdan, Adam
    Coquelin, Francis
    Hazard, Eden
    Robles, Joel
    Roberts, Patrick
    Enrique Sanchez Diaz, José
    Ramírez, Gastón
    Atsu, Christian
    MacDonald, Shaun
    Romero, Sergio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hazard is going to get very appealing when Chelsea turn the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

SlickRic wrote: »
    Hazard is going to get very appealing when Chelsea turn the corner.
    Chelsea could very well turn that corner without him.

Mourinho is notoriously unforgiving of his creative players when they hit a poor run of form. If he has one or two more bad games, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped or become a rotation risk.

Hazard is exactly where Mata was two years a go. Coming off the back of a player of the year season but beginning the season poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

AdMMM wrote: »
    Chelsea could very well turn that corner without him.

Mourinho is notoriously unforgiving of his creative players when they hit a poor run of form. If he has one or two more bad games, I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropped or become a rotation risk.

Hazard is exactly where Mata was two years a go. Coming off the back of a player of the year season but beginning the season poorly.

Except hazard is comfortably Chelsea's best player, he won't be dropped. Who would they play ahead of him like, cuadrado? Hardly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

jive wrote: »
    Except hazard is comfortably Chelsea's best player, he won't be dropped. Who would they play ahead of him like, cuadrado? Hardly

Doubtful considering he plays for Juventus now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement