Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

jive wrote: »
    Except hazard is comfortably Chelsea's best player, he won't be dropped. Who would they play ahead of him like, cuadrado? Hardly
    Cuadrado has been sent to Juve on loan :)

Hazard would most likely find himself fighting it out with Willian and Oscar (who's returning from injury next week).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

jive wrote: »
    Except hazard is comfortably Chelsea's best player, he won't be dropped. Who would they play ahead of him like, cuadrado? Hardly

Mata was Chelsea best attacking player and best FPL Chelsea option at that time though as well and it didn't make him immune to being dropped.
    They hadn't any stand out strikers then between the time of Drogba leaving first time and Costa arriving.

Jose seems to like Oscar when fit, Ramires and Willian, I could any of those playing in MF short term. Even Zouma or MIkel in DM and Fabregas moving up like the weekend,
    I wouldn't put anything past Jose. It still baffles me that he let Lukaku and Mata leave when they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

shineon23 wrote: »
    It still baffles me that he let Lukaku and Mata leave when they did.

Mata doesn't tackle back, albeit something none of the AM are doing this season, but something Mourinho wants all his forwards to do.
    Lukaku wanted to be first choice striker, which he wasn't at Chelsea, so he threw a strop. Same as KdB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Silva flag removed wipes out chance of any imminent price drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can see the casuals mass drop Aguero with todays news.

Hope they do and he lands a hatty week after he drops!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

dahat wrote: »
    Can see the casuals mass drop Aguero with todays news.

Hope they do and he lands a hatty week after he drops!
    What's today's news?

iroced wrote: »
    What's today's news?
    That he isn't training with the squad.

AdMMM wrote: »
    That he isn't training with the squad.
    Cheers ;). Had actually seen the answers in some other thread. A case of just me being lazy :o:p...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What's today's news?

Misses Juventus game and Pellegrini is "hopeful" for West Ham game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Silva flag removed wipes out chance of any imminent price drop

ah that's a shame, was hoping he'd go down before going sanchez > silva... will hold fire until after CL anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

hots wrote: »
    ah that's a shame, was hoping he'd go down before going sanchez > silva... will hold fire until after CL anyway.

What am I missing ? Silva doesn't appear Flagged to me on FF ?

Colking wrote: »

He was red flagged on Friday, changed to yellow after their match, and had it removed. Not sure what negative percentage he was on, but is now reset to zero

Colking wrote: »
    He was red flagged on Friday, changed to yellow after their match, and had it removed. Not sure what negative percentage he was on, but is now reset to zero
    Reset to zero and protected from price changes for 8 days.

Reset to zero and protected from price changes for 8 days.

Only if he went directly from red to no flag. He had the yellow in between so no protection

Only if he went directly from red to no flag. He had the yellow in between so no protection
    Are we sure about that? I noticed some weird cases last year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The price changes comparison 2014/15 Vs 2105/16 so far.

I only have last years data up to GW6 but here is the comparison graphically to end of GW5 (this years international break).

As already established, very similar patterns to last year. This is just the complete picture so far.

362339.png

Key figures (last year v this year)
    Total Rises: 65 v 64
    Total Falls: 390 v 421
    Ratio FallsRises: 6/1 v 6.58/1

Slightly more falls this year, which I'd put down to the failure of so many popular early picks.

The Price Rises Pattern per Game week : 14/15 & 15/16

Which was the best week for price rises / wildcards?

362340.jpg

362341.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Damn!! Now that's impressive.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Unbelievable work, thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    The Price Rises Pattern per Game week : 14/15 & 15/16

Which was the best week for price rises / wildcards?

362340.jpg

362341.jpg

Someone used their bye weekend from the Harps Cup productively ;)

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Someone used their bye weekend from the Harps Cup productively ;)

Lets just say my employers return on their investment this afternoon may be questionable at best. ;)

Up:
    Nobody

Down:
    Gnabry, Serge
    Pieters, Erik
    Eriksen, Christian
    Trippier, Kieran
    Zouma, Kurt
    Kramaric, Andrej
    Macedo Lopes, Ederzito Antonio
    Sessegnon, Stéphane
    Bamford, Patrick
    Traoré, Adama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If Kyle Walker somehow was out for an extended period of time I think Kieran Trippier would be great value @ 5.2 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

callaway92 wrote: »
    If Kyle Walker somehow was out for an extended period of time I think Kieran Trippier would be great value @ 5.2 million.

Dier will be hard to knock out of his current OOP role and with no Bentaleb for the moment he's nailed on, I think his eye for goal when the chance arises would make him the man to be on in the Spurs defence. If I was on a wildcard he'd be a certainty for me.

NB%20up_zpsxkmktr0p.jpg

Up:
    Wilson, Callum
    de Gea, David

NB%20Down_zpsffvo3j78.jpg

Down:
    Osman, Leon
    Wilshere, Jack
    Barry, Gareth
    Wickham, Connor
    Schneiderlin, Morgan
    Mirallas, Kevin
    Gouffran, Yoan
    Courtois, Thibaut
    Pellè, Graziano
    Tabanou, Franck
    Abdi, Almen
    Gueye, Idrissa
    Berghuis, Steven

You've missed a trick there with your down picture

Denmark-v-Portugal--Group-B-UEFA-EURO-2012.jpg

article-0-19A6EAB900000578-829_306x490.jpg

Nah, decided against the paddy power one,
    never seen the second one, now I can't unsee it. :eek:

Wilson is on fire for the auld price rises! No place for him in my team though so I can't take advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Huth holding on for his dear life?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Shaw is currently at -10.8 on FPL. Silly question maybe but do you think he will drop by Saturday? I'd much rather use my FT elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

lougal88 wrote: »
    Shaw is currently at -10.8 on FPL. Silly question maybe but do you think he will drop by Saturday? I'd much rather use my FT elsewhere.
    Seems pointless to hold off. Most likely he won't be back playing this season.

He was at +20% or so yesterday. You might be able to wait till tomorrow but will definitely drop (IMO) by the weekend. Even if he didn't he would be about to and you'd have to make the transfer on Saturday or Sunday of the next GW which is not a good position to be in.

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Seems pointless to hold off. Most likely he won't be back playing this season.

He was at +20% or so yesterday. You might be able to wait till tomorrow but will definitely drop (IMO) by the weekend. Even if he didn't he would be about to and you'd have to make the transfer on Saturday or Sunday of the next GW which is not a good position to be in.

Well the initial exodus is always the worst. Today and tomorrow won't be as quick movement and the red flag may slow it down. Friday night or Saturday night IMO. If it's Saturday I may hold rather than take a hit.

Well the initial exodus is always the worst. Today and tomorrow won't be as quick movement and the red flag may slow it down. Friday night or Saturday night IMO. If it's Saturday I may hold rather than take a hit.

My thoughts exactly, I'm already planning on doing Benteke in for Gomis. So if I can avoid taking a hit on Shaw I would be happy to make the change on Saturday before a drop. But I can see him dropping Friday night and could do without another Friday night disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Didn't see the Courtois drop coming. Thought he wasn't that close to it... No rush now. Was tempted by DeGea but United fixtures are not favourable... Same with Cech.

Is Myhill a clear number 1 now that he played last GW?

My thoughts exactly, I'm already planning on doing Benteke in for Gomis. So if I can avoid taking a hit on Shaw I would be happy to make the change on Saturday before a drop. But I can see him dropping Friday night and could do without another Friday night disaster!

At the same time, would 4 points not be worth more to you than .1? My thought process at the moment is figuring out whether I would want to do another transfer next week aswell. If I'm going to do a points hit in the next 2 weeks, may aswell be this week.

Neoulous wrote: »

Is Myhill a clear number 1 now that he played last GW?

It seems like his position to lose. He'll need a bad performance for Lindegaard to get a chance and Foster isn't expected back for at least a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

If shaw goes down, who goes up? Rojo? Darmian? Or a different team?

Bellerin...

At the same time, would 4 points not be worth more to you than .1? My thought process at the moment is figuring out whether I would want to do another transfer next week aswell. If I'm going to do a points hit in the next 2 weeks, may aswell be this week.

Tbh I can't really afford the 4 points as my overall total is an abysmal 181 so far! Not been a great start and after using the WC last week I want to avoid hits if at all possible. Yeah good point about the transfer next week but I should be set up fairly ok for GW7 if I get Benteke in now and Shaw out on Saturday. Just hope he makes it to Saturday without the drop but almost inevitable at this stage.

Tbh I can't really afford the 4 points as my overall total is an abysmal 181 so far! Not been a great start and after using the WC last week I want to avoid hits if at all possible. Yeah good point about the transfer next week but I should be set up fairly ok for GW7 if I get Benteke in now and Shaw out on Saturday. Just hope he makes it to Saturday without the drop but almost inevitable at this stage.

I think I'm set up well for GW7 too so I might be doing the same really.

• Advertisement

Pedro flagged which will well and truly kill any price rise in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will Shaw's price not be protected with him being red flagged? I got him at 5.5 and he's now 5.6 but I'll gain nothing from selling him now anyway so can take the first drop.

Are the majority of people not in the same boat that they can absorb the first drop?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Will Shaw's price not be protected with him being red flagged? I got him at 5.5 and he's now 5.6 but I'll gain nothing from selling him now anyway so can take the first drop.

Are the majority of people not in the same boat that they can absorb the first drop?

He's 5.7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

He's now 5.7, I got him at 5.5, so if he drops, you'll lose .1m on him.

As stated hes 5.7, one of the first things I checked when he was being treated on the pitch!! :o

It will take him approx 3 times the number of NTO to drop, however with such a definite injury I think a lot of his owners will cut loose before Friday night and would expect him to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Red flag does not offer full drop protection, the drop threshold increases from 11% to approximately 31% of ownership. If you bought at 5.5, then you are already 0.1 up in transfer value but negate this advantage if he drops again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

zarquon wrote: »
    Red flag does not offer full drop protection, the drop threshold increases from 11% to approximately 31% of ownership. If you bought at 5.5, then you are already 0.1 up in transfer value but negate this advantage if he drops again.

So as Colking tentatively suggested he may still be 5.6M (assuming he drops 0.1M before GW6 begins) for start of GW7?

We are still talking about 78.5 % more of a rise at protected levels before Friday night. Plenty of cause for optimism that he will hold tight but I wouldn't feel confident to make a strong shout either way. If I had to call it I guess I'd say he won't.

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.
    mick-mccarthy-007_zps4aea2085.jpg

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:
    Juan Mata
    Jamie Vardy
    Yaya Touré

Mick-McCarthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:
    Glenn Murray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Boom, caught two risers after wildcarding today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand