Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ElTel wrote: »
    I'm resisting. You?

Nope. Hoping to gain some money out of him at least :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Rikand wrote: »
    Nope. Hoping to gain some money out of him at least :)

On WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

As a proud Martial owner for the last 2 weeks (on a draft game unfortunately) I'm firmly hopping on this bandwagon.
    2 FTs and potential of a double rise maybe and Sunderland next up, in for a doubtful Diouf, makes sense to me anyway short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Up:
    Mahrez, Riyad
    Ighalo, Odion
    Martial, Anthony

Down:
    Gibson, Darron
    Albrighton, Marc
    Fletcher, Darren
    Graham, Danny
    Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alex
    Vorm, Michel
    Davis, Kelvin
    Shaw, Luke
    Gestede, Rudy
    Morgan, Wes
    Diouf, Mame Biram
    Ulloa, Leonardo
    Rantie, Tokelo
    Firmino, Roberto
    Mato Sanmartín, Jose Luis
    Coates, Sebastián
    Samuelsen, Martin
    Inler, Gökhan
    Thauvin, Florian

ElTel wrote: »
    On WC?

Nope. But if he ends up being a super sub or something then in a couple of weeks I can move him on for a tidy .2 profit hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

For fup sake!! I checked last night and Shaw was at around -80%.
    Didn't expect the drop at all. Might aswell hold now I've already used my FT on Martial. -0.1m and a -4 points would be a real kick in the stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Martial nearly at 25% to his second rise.
    Was at 15% about an hour ago, could sneak through again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Martial could be 8.5 by the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Martial could be 8.5 by the weekend

Nope 8.3 is the max, and he will be that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

CSF wrote: »
    He could be 8.5m by Sunday night/Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He could be 8.5m by Sunday night/Monday morning.

Yeah thats what I meant.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah thats what I meant.......

Ok grand, but that is pretty unlikely IMO. Once the Sunderland match is over, Arsenal away will slow down his interest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Had all three risers, glad Ighalo went up before Wilson as predicted.
    Fletcher is some legend. Holds out on his drop until right after I've activated WC and gets me 3 points the three times I need him off bench (even giving my heart a flutter when I saw his shot on MOTD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fletcher is some legend. Holds out on his drop until right after I've activated WC and gets me 3 points the three times I need him off bench (even giving my heart a flutter when I saw his shot on MOTD)
    When I switch to a cheapie it will be him
    He was very good Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I don't mind him falling. I think he'll just be sitting in my team for the season anyway.

• Advertisement

Martial 45% now, should get another rise tonight without too many wasted transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ok grand, but that is pretty unlikely IMO. Once the Sunderland match is over, Arsenal away will slow down his interest
    He should be £8.4m by Sunday though if he continues rising at this rate.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't mind him falling. I think he'll just be sitting in my team for the season anyway.
    Same for me with Wanyama. I'm more annoyed at the £0.3m I lost on Coates & Huth.

The only thing though this year is the 2-5-3 chip which implies that at some point we may "have to" get rid of our cheap 5th mid.

iroced wrote: »
    He should be £8.4m by Sunday though if he continues rising at this rate.

Same for me with Wanyama. I'm more annoyed at the £0.3m I lost on Coates & Huth.

The only thing though this year is the 2-5-3 chip which implies that at some point we may "have to" get rid of our cheap 5th mid.

I'll be waiting for the end of the season for that I think. The cheaper players tend to come to the fore in relegation battles, although they are doing pretty well at the minute.

Not if he scores. People will ignore the next fixture just like they did with Gomez and others before

I'll be waiting for the end of the season for that I think. The cheaper players tend to come to the fore in relegation battles, although they are doing pretty well at the minute.
    Yeah my idea too. There's also the added team value argument (that could potentially help) FHFC pointed out weeks ago.

But, I was also thinking that when I play my WC, I could, if fixtures are favourable and players are on form, I could build a short-term front 8 for the following GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I can't believe I'm actually sitting out this Martial feeding frenzy given my well established team value obsession. :eek:

I may as well take this opportunity to formally put on record proof that I don't let that obsession dictate all my early season moves!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

I'm no good at judging price rises, but I'd say Martial will cost about 17 million by the end of the week :p

FHFC wrote: »
    I can't believe I'm actually sitting out this Martial feeding frenzy given my well established team value obsession. :eek:

I may as well take this opportunity to formally put on record proof that I don't let that obsession dictate all my early season moves!! :)

If he proves to be the real deal, it's not as if he's 11m and will require hits. 8.5m for a nailed ManU striker in form is still a great price

If he proves to be the real deal, it's not as if he's 11m and will require hits. 8.5m for a nailed ManU striker in form is still a great price

I'm not even convinced he's garaunteed to start v sunderland. Also, almost always when somebody is expected to get a thumping it ends up as an anticlimax. E.g. United v newcastle.

O Shea looks likely to be back for Sunderland. United have scored goals against teams that went toe to toe with them but struggled against teams who have packed defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I'm not even convinced he's garaunteed to start v sunderland. Also, almost always when somebody is expected to get a thumping it ends up as an anticlimax. E.g. United v newcastle.

O Shea looks likely to be back for Sunderland. United have scored goals against teams that went toe to toe with them but struggled against teams who have packed defence.

I actually agree, except sunderland are pretty poor and not all expected thumpings are anti climax, some are thumpings. Also away to Arsenal is perfect for his counter attacking strengths. I've transferred him in for Benteke, the 'pool just arent fluid at the minute, either not feeding Tekers or he doesnt fit. The rate people are bringing Martial in means even if he blanks, it wont be damaging, bit like Kolorov getting zero, everyone has him pretty much.

For people like myself with a wildcard, Martial has to be worth it given there's a killing to make on price rises. I could wildcard in two weeks and easily have an extra 0.3 to spend if he rises 0.3 both weeks - which he could do if he scores again this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

United will win the game, but I'd be very surprised if it's a rout. 1 or 2-0 seems about right. As a non-Martial owner and no real interest for the next month considering their upcoming fixtures, I'm just hoping he doesn't have involvement in the 1 or 2 goals United seem likely to score.

For people like myself with a wildcard, Martial has to be worth it given there's a killing to make on price rises. I could wildcard in two weeks and easily have an extra 0.3 to spend if he rises 0.3 both weeks - which he could do if he scores again this weekend.

Absolutely. If i was intending on wildcarding in the next couple of weeks I'd be all over it.

As it is I'm exercising restraint for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Deco99 wrote: »
    I actually agree, except sunderland are pretty poor and not all expected thumpings are anti climax, some are thumpings. Also away to Arsenal is perfect for his counter attacking strengths. I've transferred him in for Benteke, the 'pool just arent fluid at the minute, either not feeding Tekers or he doesnt fit. The rate people are bringing Martial in means even if he blanks, it wont be damaging, bit like Kolorov getting zero, everyone has him pretty much.

Done the same here as the first of two transfers this week, price-wise Benteke could drop 2 and Martial up 3 (although I missed the first). Also with Sturridge back, Ings scoring and Benteke taking a knock they won't risk him. Don't think Martial can keep up this form but a couple of goals over the next few weeks would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Wanyama is still dropping away, I'd have thought he was relatively safe on 4.4.

Just wondering if more people are playing a balanced 5 man midfield and this is contributing to the price drop, any thoughts ?

• Advertisement

Colking wrote: »

Just wondering if more people are playing a balanced 5 man midfield and this is contributing to the price drop, any thoughts ?

Wanyama was dangerous due to his high initial ownership and then all the budget midfield options that started performing (Mahrez chief among them) will have led to the exodus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My thoughts exactly I'd have no hesitation getting a player like that in even if he goes as high as 9 million.

The rate people are bringing Martial in means even if he blanks, it wont be damaging, bit like Kolorov getting zero, everyone has him pretty much.

That's useful for people with a good start, but I'm languishing above 1m OR so can't just be happy to take blanks on high ownership players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That's useful for people with a good start, but I'm languishing above 1m OR so can't just be happy to take blanks on high ownership players
    You also can't afford to not be at the party when a high ownership player scores well. It's a horrible situation to be in.

(I'm in the same depressing club as you by the way).

AdMMM wrote: »
    You also can't afford to not be at the party when a high ownership player scores well. It's a horrible situation to be in.

(I'm in the same depressing club as you by the way).

Yeah, it's a double edged sword. I'm still hopeful of turning it around for a top 10k finish. At the worst, I'm thankful to have money leagues of varying ability and size that will keep me focused even if I'm 1m in GW30

Wilson going up tonight and Aguero falling at 0.4%/hour. I've taken a chance and swapped out Kun who I bought at 13.1m for Wilson. If Aguero somehow falls by the end of the GW then grand, otherwise I save at least 0.1m on Wilson and increase my resale value on Aguero to 13.2m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

exactly my thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Wilson going up tonight and Aguero falling at 0.4%/hour. I've taken a chance and swapped out Kun who I bought at 13.1m for Wilson. If Aguero somehow falls by the end of the GW then grand, otherwise I save at least 0.1m on Wilson and increase my resale value on Aguero to 13.2m

The price you get for aguero will be the same if he is 13.1 or 13.2, I doubt he will drop this week also

As a matter of interest, if you had purchased Aguerro at 13.0 would you have made the same move ?

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    exactly my thinking.

I've 2 transfers and not making a move until after league cup games
    I'll pay the premium for the peace of mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Still though Martial for Benteke is a low risk/high reward move, its not like missing the Kun Train when it takes off.

Still though Martial for Benteke is a low risk/high reward move, its not like missing the Kun Train when it takes off.

Between Kun and Sanchez, they'd try the patience of a Saint. Every week I'm waiting for them to take off and every week players like Payet and Ayew are bringing home the points. :(

Struggling to see the logic there.
    Assuming you are on WC?

1. Profit 0.1: Wilson rises 0.2 and Aguero falls 0.1
    2. Break-even: Wilson rises 0.2 and Aguero remains same
    3. Lose 0.1: Wilson rises 0.1 or less and Aguero remains same

I think the odds are stacked against you for making a profit. Breaking even would be a decent result imo, I would think the most likely outcome is that you'll lose 0.1

sword1 wrote: »
    The price you get for aguero will be the same if he is 13.1 or 13.2, I doubt he will drop this week also

I lose 0.1m if he doesn't drop and I rebuy at 13.2m, but have then increased my resale on him to 13.2m if I need to ship later (assuming no further drops).
    PARlance wrote: »
    Assuming you are on WC?

I think the odds are stacked against you for making a profit. Breaking even would be a decent result imo, I would think the most likely outcome is that you'll lose 0.1

I'm >90% keeping Wilson on WC, so for 3) it would be break even if Wilson rises 0.1m and Aguero stays same. The having 13.2m resale on Aguero than 13.1m could back fire if he falls Sat night or later
    Assuming you are on WC?

Probably would have since it's the same logic. Sell for 13.1m and then either have same team value if he drops or buy at 0.1m loss and higher resale

I can't believe it either :D.
    Colking wrote: »

This is very annoying. I guess it's mainly due to people favouring the 3-5-2 formation. Wanyama can't be a transfer priority right now. And for the ones willing to save the value, I'd assume they'd ditch him while on WC, so that would not count.

The BBC live text seemed to suggest Wanyama had 2-3 goal attempts towards the end of the game at the week-end. If only he had converted one, he'll probably be rising fast!

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    The BBC live text seemed to suggest Wanyama had 2-3 goal attempts towards the end of the game at the week-end. If only he had converted one, he'll probably be rising fast!

He had a nice shot going upper corner that DDG did well to save

Martial up to 75% now, probably going to be tight in terms of getting 2 in a row.

Martial up to 75% now, probably going to be tight in terms of getting 2 in a row.

People who missed the boat last night won't want to miss it again

Rikand wrote: »
    People who missed the boat last night won't want to miss it again

or maybe they are waiting for league cup games :D
    please wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

For wildcarders like me a little injury to keep him out of the Sunderland game would be so sweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement