Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Is the deadline 1.30 or 2am?

It's about 1.15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

gladiator_thumbs_up.jpg
    Kompany, Bony, Pellè, Moreno, Mané, van Dijk

joaquin-phoenix-commodus-gladiator-thumbs-down.jpg
    Baines, Walcott, Naughton, Mignolet, Welbeck, Shelvey, Hazard, Shaw, Westwood, Oviedo, Gil, Azpilicueta, Diego Costa

---

Haven't checked the others but Kompany was very far from rising :confused:...

That's Bôllocks.

I waited on bringing Moreno in because he was on about 93% with less than an hour to go.

Edit - and I'm sure Sagna was on at least 100% which is who I did bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Literally just noticed Westwood there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Literally just noticed Westwood there :(

That caught me out too, as did the Moreno one. Would have made one of the two moves if the changes were predicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fúck you Kyle Naughton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Moreno was on 97% when I checked at 11:30 and hennessy was at 99.9%. Sagna was over 100% at that time too, all on fplstats. No one was close on totalfpl. I guess the algorithm needs more tweaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Moreno was on 97% when I checked at 11:30 and hennessy was at 99.9%. Sagna was over 100% at that time too, all on fplstats. No one was close on totalfpl. I guess the algorithm needs more tweaking.

Not massively on Fplstats. You should really have given up on totalfpl long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SlickRic wrote: »
    Fúck you Kyle Naughton.

+1

However he's gonna pay us back with clean sheets next week and the week after.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    +1

However he's gonna pay us back with clean sheets next week and the week after.

Wasn't even keeping an eye on him. Did he drop rapidly in final hour?

lougal88 wrote: »
    Wasn't even keeping an eye on him. Did he drop rapidly in final hour?

Wasn't on my radar for dropping either. Dunna what he was at.

Would have kept him anyway in fairness with Martin to shift and Swans next 2 fixtures.

Wasn't on my radar for dropping either. Dunna what he was at.

Would have kept him anyway in fairness with Martin to shift and Swans next 2 fixtures.

Yeah I'm slightly annoyed as I have 0.6m and Naughton to VVD was next weeks transfer. D'oh!!

I'm almost certain he wasn't that close on fpl stats I didnt see his name among the droppers but I may have to rejig again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Risers: Kolarov, Sagna, Wijnaldum

Fallers: Falcao, Flanagan, Graham, Inler, Ivanovic, Jagielka, Jelavic, Ki Sung-yueng, Koné, Krul, Lee, Matthews, Montero, Mutch, Olsson (WBA), Sinclair (AVL), Toivonen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lukaku just over 100% now, not too many excess transfers, that's the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Up:
    Smalling, Chris
    Lukaku, Romelu
    Özil, Mesut
    Mahrez, Riyad
    Vardy, Jamie

Down:
    Sturridge, Daniel
    Dorrans, Graham
    Odemwingie, Peter
    King, Andy
    Souaré, Pape
    Martial, Anthony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Damn you Souare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Damn you Souare.

You won't lose any gains on him though because he was only 4.6 up from 4.5. You only would have got 4.5 from selling him anyway.

Lemlin wrote: »
    You won't lose any gains on him though because he was only 4.6 up from 4.5. You only would have got 4.5 from selling him anyway.

Yeah doubt many bought him at 4.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

UP

Bellerin
    Benteke

DOWN

Speroni
    Zaha
    Ruddy
    Blind
    Sidwell
    Caballero
    Fulton
    Mbabu
    Pocognoli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Speroni went down! Now let's hope he starts the next game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hadn't expected Benteke to rise from Fpls last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Speroni went down! Now let's hope he starts the next game :D

Definetly be keeping an eye on Speroni, at the moment only have one goal keeper playing and a 2nd will be needed for whenever there's a dgw to get most out of using bench boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Definetly be keeping an eye on Speroni, at the moment only have one goal keeper playing and a 2nd will be needed for whenever there's a dgw to get most out of using bench boost.

Is Speroni a good option though? Not many cleansheets at Palace so far. Is that down to McCarthy and Hennessey? I haven't seen enough of them to know and I also accept that they've had injuries. And will Speroni help to tighten things up? I actually like their fixtures up to 2016 and currently have Hennessey as a cheap back up but have never played him. I think they have great options attackingwise but I'm not convinced by their defensive abilities. Would Speroni offer better cleansheet potential than Newcastle's cheap options? Is anyone currently holding a Palace defender and what's the verdict there?
    Also what about Pardew's history? I know he favours an attacking style but I always used to consider a Newcastle defender as an option when he was their boss. How do others feel about his ability and emphasis on good defending?

Liam2012 wrote: »
    Is Speroni a good option though? Not many cleansheets at Palace so far. Is that down to McCarthy and Hennessey? I haven't seen enough of them to know and I also accept that they've had injuries. And will Speroni help to tighten things up? I actually like their fixtures up to 2016 and currently have Hennessey as a cheap back up but have never played him. I think they have great options attackingwise but I'm not convinced by their defensive abilities. Would Speroni offer better cleansheet potential than Newcastle's cheap options? Is anyone currently holding a Palace defender and what's the verdict there?
    Also what about Pardew's history? I know he favours an attacking style but I always used to consider a Newcastle defender as an option when he was their boss. How do others feel about his ability and emphasis on good defending?

He probably won't keep as many clean sheets as Myhill or Gomes, but at 4.4m if he gets his place back he has to be an option as 2nd goalkeeper. Joel Ward returned from injury last week, so with both of those back would expect them to improve defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

He probably won't keep as many clean sheets as Myhill or Gomes, but at 4.4m if he gets his place back he has to be an option as 2nd goalkeeper. Joel Ward returned from injury last week, so with both of those back would expect them to improve defensively.

That's what I'd be hoping too. I agree with you they should improve and he should be decent as a 2nd keeper. I'd rate Butland above him in addition to Myhill and Gomes.

Liam2012 wrote: »
    Another view of it (with regards to the last 2 posts) is to go for a cheap "secure" GK combo. If Hennessey is definitely ahead of McCarthy, then a Speroni-Hennessey GK combo offers GK security (you're guaranteed a GK every single week and have no selection headache at all) for £8.3m :eek: !!! I don't think there ever was in the game such value for a GK combo.

Granted Myhill is currently a better option but you could get one of their def. Same with Gomes's Watford.
    I don't know enough about Pardew but Palace are on 3 CS in the last 5. And from GW13 up to GW26--29, true that their fixtures look more than decent (bar 2/3 games e.g. Everton & City away).

Now, my worry is in these last 5 games, Hennessey didn't get any save pts. And I would expect such keepers to get them (like Panti last year for example). Will Speroni get them? I don't know...

Long way off from that yet. Plus you'll be looking for a keeper who has a dgw which we won't know for ages.

Long way off from that yet. Plus you'll be looking for a keeper who has a dgw which we won't know for ages.

Absolutely, but would be looking at bringing in either Speroni or Gomez in any case in the next few weeks. That way at least I'll have 2 goalkeepers, can rotate if needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Down:
    Gomis,
    Sakho,
    Walcott,
    Bojan,
    Rooney,
    Lambert,

Up:
    Ighalo,
    De Bruyne,
    Hennessy,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Two risers and bassong survived. Not bad:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Who is closer to a fall, Martin or Muniesa?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Who is closer to a fall, Martin or Muniesa?

Cheers

Martin is closer but not anytime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

latest?cb=20080528034253

cimg1734b.jpg
    Simpson

abc_gma_benitez_130222_wg.jpg
    Chester, Kozák, Agüero, Mangala, Son, Toney

---

Agüero back to £13.0m !

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Rodgeb

Overnight fallers:

Aguero
    Chester
    Son
    Toney
    Kozak
    Mangala

Overnight rise:

Simpson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yay Simpson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Risers:
    Giroud

Fallers:
    Martial
    Sako
    Roberts
    Gomez
    Obiang
    Mata
    Huth
    Wilson

Sorry for lack of pictures, formatting on mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Martial you bitch whore

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Ah sh*t... Huth. Was going to ship him out but I'm struggling to decide between Moreno & a United def.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Looks like people are transferring in Begovic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mahrez now owned by over two million people, is that a FPL record?

Mahrez now owned by over two million people, is that a FPL record?

A higher % own Mahrez now than owned Suarez during his huge season which is pretty incredible really. Last year Costa hit 66.7% in GW7 so that was likely the first 2m owned player.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm fairly certain I recall Ramsey hitting 2m at the peak of the Brigade's remonstrations!

I'm fairly certain I recall Ramsey hitting 2m at the peak of the Brigade's remonstrations!

Yeh he probably did too. It normally needs a more established player that is in the GW1 pick and forget teams who then goes on and over performs to hit that sort of number which makes Mahrez getting there even more impressive not many would have predicted this! Good few times players have gone 80%+ of active teams and still not crossed 50% overall due to all the dead teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh he probably did too. It normally needs a more established player that is in the GW1 pick and forget teams who then goes on and over performs to hit that sort of number which makes Mahrez getting there even more impressive not many would have predicted this! Good few times players have gone 80%+ of active teams and still not crossed 50% overall due to all the dead teams.

It's also his price. He's so cheap. I'm sure Kane must have hit a fairly high figure last year. Though he only hit form later in the season, by which time a certain amount of teams would have been inactive.

In fact, Kane's high point last year would be interesting, given he would have started with pretty much zero owners.

• Advertisement

It's also his price. He's so cheap. I'm sure Kane must have hit a fairly high figure last year. Though he only hit form later in the season, by which time a certain amount of teams would have been inactive.

In fact, Kane's high point last year would be interesting, given he would have started with pretty much zero owners.

Top three at any point was Costa, Fab, Sterling if he did cross 50% then it was only just.

EDIT: peaked at 50.7%

Here is where the top ownership players peaked last year:

Diego Costa 66.7% GW8
    Fábregas 54.0% GW11
    Sterling 53.1% GW8
    Kane 50.7% GW33
    Sigurdsson 50.3% GW15
    Rooney 48.8% GW1
    Ramsey 46.5% GW3

Doubt Rooney will reach those heights again!

For Top 10k Kane at his peak all but 30 teams had him.

(stats from FPLD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Unbelievable that so many people owned Fabregas by week 11 of last year, had Hazard not shown his form by then?
    Was Sterling very cheap or something, I can't remember his ownership being very high at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Unbelievable that so many people owned Fabregas by week 11 of last year, had Hazard not shown his form by then?
    Was Sterling very cheap or something, I can't remember his ownership being very high at all?

Haz only really started turning it on GW10 or so, he had done okay up to that point.
    Sterling was 8.5m and started very well. If there's one thing you can count on, it's casual Liverpool fans piling onto their assets (Clyne is still in over 1m teams......)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Fab was an assist machine at the start of the year, and was also a bit cheaper than Hazard.

Bit like Ozil and Sanchez this year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement