Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

2 fallers for me, KdB and Moreno. Got Payet in early last week so have already made .1 on him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Great to see so many getting rid of KDB. That will come back to haunt them. A price drop I'll gladly absorb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Souaré heading for a drop tonight...

Strange isn't it? £4.5m def with 3 CS in the last 6 games (should say last 5 since he'd have had to be benched for Chelsea away). City away this week and Spurs home after but bench is there for these games and BOU, swa, WAT, wba after (upper cases=home games). Not bad a run for a guaranteed £4.5m def?

Is it impatience? Casuals just looking at the current fixture only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »

Strange isn't it? £4.5m def with 3 CS in the last 6 games (should say last 5 since he'd have had to be benched for Chelsea away). City away this week and Spurs home after but bench is there for these games and BOU, swa, WAT, wba after (upper cases=home games). Not bad a run for a guaranteed £4.5m def?

He's not according to FFfix who I'd probably trust. He's been creeping slowly downwards and I've been waiting for it to stop as he picks up a few points but not happening.

A lot changing him I'd expect are wildcards who i think fffix handle better than fplstatistics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

iroced wrote: »

Personally I wouldn't touch him when Hennessy is available for 4.1. WOuld people be moving him out to use funds elsewhere with view to getting Hennessy in as Palace cover?

But I rarely go for any 4.5-5.0 DF's at mid-table clubs, usually I try for a mix of premiums and 4.0's as bench fodder when possible in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

shineon23 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't touch him when Hennessy is available for 4.1. WOuld people be moving him out to use funds elsewhere with view to getting Hennessy in as Palace cover?

But I rarely go for any 4.5-5.0 DF's at mid-table clubs, usually I try for a mix of premiums and 4.0's as bench fodder when possible in defence.

Really? I've always been a fan of the 2 premiums and 3 4.5s especially in my starting squad when the 4.0s aren't usually obvious. PVA worked wonders at 4.5 a couple of seasons back :)

Up:
    Payet, Dimitri
    Willian

Down:
    Fletcher, Steven
    Hangeland, Brede
    Mutch, Jordon
    Silva, David
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    McManaman, Callum
    Vorm, Michel
    Deulofeu, Gerard
    Souaré, Pape
    Nordfeldt, Kristoffer
    Anya, Ikechi
    Shaqiri, Xherdan
    Rodríguez, Leandro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lovely stuff Dimitri :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

2 up 2 down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

1 up, 1 down.

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Really? I've always been a fan of the 2 premiums and 3 4.5s especially in my starting squad when the 4.0s aren't usually obvious. PVA worked wonders at 4.5 a couple of seasons back :)

Yeah it does seem an unpopular tactic and it usually works for me.

This season not so much, in being forced to stick it out with Begovic when transfers were needed else where.
    But all season I've had at least 3 from (Chelsea-Spurs-City-Arsenal-United) at all times in my back 7.

Other seasons have been easier with Bellerin last year, Spurs options (Dawson-Rose-Naughton) at 4.5ish spring to mind.

In next few weeks I'm trying to squeeze in the following without using the wildcard

1 of Hart/Courtois/Forster

then 2 of Zouma/Sagna(or Clichy)/Cedric
    Dier (Davies if he keeps his place)
    Mertsacker or Man Utd defender
    Danny Simpson or Super Ryan Bennett

Looking likely it'll be ;
    Hart
    Zouma-Mertsacker-Cedric-Dier-Simpson

And it'll cost me -4 if done over 2 Gameweeks

All hinges on Southampton and Chelsea both getting their acts together though, if they don't then it'll be cheapest Man Utd DF. and cheapest Stoke or West Ham options.

Would anyone see Ben Davies staying in the Spurs XI long term?
    It'd solve a lot of problems if he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    He's not according to FFfix who I'd probably trust. He's been creeping slowly downwards and I've been waiting for it to stop as he picks up a few points but not happening.

A lot changing him I'd expect are wildcards who i think fffix handle better than fplstatistics.

Well bollix to that so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

payet up is a pleasant surprise!
    glad I bit the bullet or my plan would be in tatters :D
    also well done willian :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lukaku approaching a drop....a bit unexpected I would have thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Lukaku approaching a drop....a bit unexpected I would have thought?

Didnt score away from home at Man City. hes obviously crocked. The casuals have spoken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

shineon23 wrote: »

Would anyone see Ben Davies staying in the Spurs XI long term?
    It'd solve a lot of problems if he did.

Nah they'll rotate a bit, Poch loves switching the full backs depending on who they're up against. Interesting that Rose was handed the captaincy in the cup game v Leicester.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Up:
    Aguero
    Kane
    Wijnaldum
    Alderweireld

Down:
    Mignolet
    Guzan
    McNair
    Bartley
    Schlupp
    Smalling
    Haidara
    Mata
    Redmond
    Hoolahan
    Lukaku
    Bojan

EDIT:
    I'd like to thank everyone for transferring out Lukaku, if others could continue to do it, I'd be grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Another drop would be nice. Lukakuless was great while it lasted but he'll be back next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Any chance of a Daniels rise tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Will Mahrez drop tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Rikand wrote: »
    Will Mahrez drop tonight ?

No, he didn't

Any chance of a Daniels rise tonight?

He didn't, but will Monday night.

Risers & Fallers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lukaku drop, interesting. Think I'll have to bring him in.

hhhhmmm will Coleman be back at the weekend?

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Lukaku drop, interesting. Think I'll have to bring him in.

That fall was on Saturday night, he's 20% to another drop so may fall again if you can hold out.

I'm holding out for Barkley to fall and Lukaku once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

PARlance wrote: »
    That fall was on Saturday night, he's 20% to another drop so may fall again if you can hold out.

I'm holding out for Barkley to fall and Lukaku once more.

So people are transferring him out right before he plays Swansea at home, then Newcastle at home?! Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

even stranger is they're doing it to bring in Aguero for a game away to a team that's 6th in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So people are transferring him out right before he plays Swansea at home, then Newcastle at home?! Excellent!

It seems people can't wait to get rid of players after one blank. It's happened a weird amount of times this season.

I think because of Vardez's run earlier this season, a certain amount of players believe if you don't get returns every week you need to get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    hhhhmmm will Coleman be back at the weekend?

I was considering Coleman too at 5.8 but I don't think he will be back this weekend.

Another point to note is the signing of the fantastic prospect Sam Byram. He is versatile but RB is his main position. Could be big competition for that RB spot.

I'm think on going the extra 0.3m for Baines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

SlickRic wrote: »
    It seems people can't wait to get rid of players after one blank. It's happened a weird amount of times this season.

I think because of Vardez's run earlier this season, a certain amount of players believe if you don't get returns every week you need to get rid.

I also think there is a bandwagon effect when it seems a player's price might go down. People get frightened of losing value and the transfers out increase significantly, regardless of the possibility of the player picking up points in the next few fixtures.

This is the decision to be made on Mahrez I feel. Do we wait it out, while losing value, in the hope that he will return to the form he was in a couple of months ago.

They sure are, a second drop may not happen but I'll be waiting until Fri/Sat to see if it does.

5,2,2 for Luk and Rooney hitting form may see a lot of people opting for that. Or for people without Kane, Lukaku to Kane makes sense based on recent past.

I'll be happy to snap him up either way. He's probably the armband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

lougal88 wrote: »
    I was considering Coleman too at 5.8 but I don't think he will be back this weekend.

Another point to note is the signing of the fantastic prospect Sam Byram. He is versatile but RB is his main position. Could be big competition for that RB spot.

I'm think on going the extra 0.3m for Baines.
    Have you been watching Coleman this season?

He's absolutely no attacking threat so long as Deulofeu is in the squad. Last season Coleman supplied a lot of the balls into the box after making overlapping runs but Deulofeu plays quite high up the pitch making that much more difficult. Deulofeu is also well able to beat defenders and supply the ball himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

AdMMM wrote: »
    Have you been watching Coleman this season?

He's absolutely no attacking threat so long as Deulofeu is in the squad. Last season Coleman supplied a lot of the balls into the box after making overlapping runs but Deulofeu plays quite high up the pitch making that much more difficult. Deulofeu is also well able to beat defenders and supply the ball himself.

I was making more points about reasons to not get Coleman, so you've only enhanced my argument. If I'm getting any Everton def it will be Baines.

I agree with your point about Deu, but he isn't playing full 90 mins at all at the moment and is being rotated so I still believe there is attacking potential in Coleman. Although Baines is still the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Story?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Is anyone else having problems with this site on their phone and desktop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Big Borg wrote:
    Is anyone else having problems with this site on their phone and desktop?

Yes it's been under some kind of attack since Sunday evening

Up: Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

PARlance wrote:
    Up: Boards.ie

Down: Panic levels

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Have there been no price changes all week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bought Vardy at 7.0. Resale value 7.1. Current value 7.3. If he drops tonight, does his resale value remain at 7.1? I would think it does. But I always get this wrong!!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Bought Vardy at 7.0. Resale value 7.1. Current value 7.3. If he drops tonight, does his resale value remain at 7.1? I would think it does. But I always get this wrong!!

Yes it remains as a RSV of 7.1 for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

sheroman01 wrote: »

You are correct, makes no difference to you, same for mahrez for me, heading for a drop but I think he is a season keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thanks lads! Squeaky bum time now with price changes :P

When the going gets tough!
    Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.
    mick-mccarthy-007_zps4aea2085.jpg

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:

19/1/16
    Koscielny, Laurent
    Firmino, Roberto

20/1/16
    Rooney, Wayne
    Defoe, Jermaine
    Butland, Jack
    Daniels, Charlie

21/1/16

22/1/16
    Sagna, Bacary
    Payet, Dimitri
    Baines, Leighton Wijnaldum, Georginio

Mick-McCarthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:

19/1/16
    Coutinho, Philippe
    Clyne, Nathaniel
    Ayew, André
    Baba Rahman, Abdul

20/1/16
    Brown, Wes
    Kolarov, Aleksandar
    Jenkinson, Carl
    Luiz Rosa, Fernando
    Ritchie, Matt
    Shaqiri, Xherdan

21/6/16
    Reed, Harrison
    Given, Shay
    Ings, Danny

22/1/16
    Richardson, Kieran
    Gomis, Bafétimbi
    Da Silva Costa, Diego

<snip>

Baines up to 6.2 now
    Any little chance there was of me buying him is now gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

km79 wrote: »
    Baines up to 6.2 now
    Any little chance there was of me buying him is now gone

Same. Even with no pens and no clean sheets I was still considering him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

LostArt wrote: »
    Same. Even with no pens and no clean sheets I was still considering him.

I'm gonna risk him as a differential for Evertons kind fixtures, he's expensive of course but I've been lucky with him in the past, I'd say I've only ever owned him for 7 or 8 weeks in all my time playing and he's probably averaged over 10 points a game for me, more of the same please.

• Advertisement

Every morning I wake up hoping Mick McCarthy has been incorporated into the price changes thread!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    I die a little without Mick telling me who's gone up or down.
    mick-mccarthy-007_zps4aea2085.jpg

mick-mccarthy-ipswich_3214137_zpsc4e89e3b.jpg

Up:
    Targett, Matt
    Alli, Bamidele

Mick-McCarthy-006_zps74f8de87.jpg

Down:

McCarthy, James
    Hutton, Alan
    Sterling, Raheem
    Oscar
    Benteke, Christian