Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronics Videos Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Check out bigclivedotcom and AvE - if you like dave, you'll probably like those two. Skookum choocher!

Also check out mjlorton and hackaday's channels

Love AvE you beat me to it Shrt.

I don't really like this guy tbh, too destructive for my taste but some things he does are just mental.

50 000A transformer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Had a look in my subscriptions list and here's a couple more:

Applied Science - covers more than electronics but does it really well. Great exposure to stuff you wouldn't normally see and always interesting

BilHerd - was heavily involved in commodore and is another "character". Also part of the hackaday team

Colin Furze - more engineering than electronics but good fun to watch. You may have seen him from his high speed mobility scooter. Has strange notions around safety and the effectiveness of a tie to protect you

Fran Blanch - videos can be a bit long but there are some nuggets of gold in there

Gerry Sweeney - hasn't posted anything in ages but has a good back catalogue of stuff

Jack Ganssle - deep signal type stuff

Jeremy Blum - very arduino centric but well presented and

Jeri Ellsworth - doesn't post as much as before but another character and fantastic engineer. Was interviewed on the Amp Hour (podcast with Dave Jones and Chris Gammel) and its a great listen

Joerg Sprave - no electronics but couldn't resist throwing this in there for the sheer fun of his channel. If you want to see an axe throwing catapult, this is where to go!

John Ward - a little pedantic but great insight into electrical safety and wiring

Julian Ilett - short and sweet with a great approach to project building. Likes to use Chinese electronics and cheap stuff. Quite good to follow up on projects so you won't find a million videos for projects half finished

Kevin Darrah - covers a wide range of stuff and very good tutorials

Afrotechmods - fantastic tutorials covering all kinds of topics from simple regulators to more advanced power switching. Very well presented

Mikeselectricstuff - covers a really eclectic range of gear to teardown. Xray machine, lab blood test machine, military surplus etc. Another one to listen to their Amp Hour interview

Peter oakes - more systems engineering than electronics but good all the same

SuperHouse TV - infrequent but really well presented series on how to automate your house. It's done by the guy who runs Freetronics so refers to a lot of his own gear but never pushes it down your throat and never mentions that he sells them

The Ben Heck Show - pretty famous in the computer case modding scene before moving into more of an electronics side of things. A little too much hot glue for my liking and some of his stuff doesn't look like it will last too long but it's entertaining all the same

Dinosaur Den - joint show between Fran Blanch and Bil Herd. Very infrequent but good when they do come out

Signal Path Blog - super high level digital signal processing. Does a teardown of a million dollar scope

Todd Harrison - another hackaday alumni. Does a wide range of stuff and very clear and nicely presented

Tronixstuff - from the guy who wrote the bestselling book on arduino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 lostpas5235

Two youtube channels I've been watching a lot of lately:

The Post Apocalyptic Inventor
    GreatScott!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Educ8s.com on youtube has some good tutorials (very arduino centric)
    Description
    I am software engineer with a master in embedded systems design. I now work as an Android developer at educ8s.com. In this channel we will discover together the power of cheap embedded platforms that exist today and some amazing software tools.
    Stay tuned!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/educ8s/about

Advertisement