Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recovering data from dead Xperia SP

• 10-08-2015 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help with this?

My Xperia SP just refused to turn on this morning, despite being fully charged. I just get the red LED light bar and no response. I've tried pluging into the laptop and running PC companion. I've tried forcing a restart. I'v tried connecting to the mains and restarting. At this stage I'd judt be happy to recover the photos and stuff on the internal memory.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Are you sure you don't have your photos backed up on Google+? Mine automatically do on Wi-Fi.

Anyway my xperia z did the same a couple of times but eventually turned on. I'm not sure how, I left it a couple of days followed by an all day charge and trying hard reset button combinations such as holding power and vol down.

Also once I think it might have worked when I plugged into my laptop using adb.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

I never signed up for google plus, just registered and had a look anyway, but nothing there.
    Tried the laptop, but no joy.
    I'll leave it a few days and try rebooting it, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Helmet wrote: »
    I never signed up for google plus, just registered and had a look anyway, but nothing there.

You dont have to sign up to google plus per se. If you had google sync turned on on your phone, log in to your google account on a pc or tablet or whatever, then just go to google photos. Hopefully you had sync turned on on your phone. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Helmet wrote: »

Photos isnt part of Google+ any more, just go to https://photos.google.com/ and log in might be worth a try. Also have you tried booting without the battery inserted, i had an older sony with battery issues that would boot when plugged in without the battery, could be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Eventually someone recommended plugging it in and out of the USB until it came on. When I plugged it in the red light would come on for abiut 20 minutes then it would switch off. I'd unplug USB, try to switch it on and plug it back in. After about a day of doing this it switched on, I charged the phone at the wall then and managed to pull everything off the internal storage. Thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement