Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tumble dryer trouble

Options
  • 10-08-2015 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Good morning all,

Came home yesterday to a very faint burning smell. Upon further investigation today I found a plug with a burnt prong and burnt socket.

The sockets I can swop out no problem but I'm not so sure about the plug. Can I just snip off the damaged plug and rewire a new one or do I have to get a new lead also.

Cheers

Jack

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The sockets I can swop out no problem but I'm not so sure about the plug. Can I just snip off the damaged plug and rewire a new one

Yup. Make sure all connections are good and tight.
    do I have to get a new lead also.

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Make sure you replace the socket with a good quality one.

Also make sure you are 100% certain the connections in the plug are solid and the fuse is well seated.

Dryers draw a sustained load of almost the maximum a 13amp plug can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

cheers all,

Job done and working perfectly

Advertisement