Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full SSD

Options
  • 10-08-2015 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a Samsung 840 SSD (120gb) as my boot disk & a lovely red bar telling me I've 8.43gb free of 119gb. :(

The vast majority of programs are installed to a SATA disk but I notice that the Application Data folder in Users on C: is 14gb, Windows 35gb and Program Data at 23.7gb.

Emptied the Recycle Bin (40-odd gb).

There are what look like two temp folders - $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS with 1.48gb and 5.79gb respectively. Is it safe to delete these?

Win 7 Ultimate BTW.

Cheers in advance for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

Bosh wrote: »
    There are what look like two temp folders - $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS with 1.48gb and 5.79gb respectively. Is it safe to delete these?

Win 7 Ultimate BTW.

Have "reserved" Windows 10 - if you have, it's being downloaded in the background to the $Windows.~BT folder.

Check the dates on any files in folders like this - if they are recent, I'd leave them alone - at best, they'll be recreated, at worst, you'll break something.

You should also be able to move some of your bigger folders (Music, Photos and Videos) to the HDD (the SSD is a also a SATA drive) by right-clicking on the Photos folder, for example, selection Properties, and then selecting the Location tab.

Advertisement