Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a new home, selling existing and keep existing mortage

Options
  • 10-08-2015 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

I already own a property ( neg equity of course) lets call it Property A and I want to buy another, Property B for a similar price of the property A (current value in neg equity)

Question is 
    Is it possible to sell Property A and buy B while transferring the mortgage From A to Property B. 

For example 
    Existing mortgage is 210
    Say property A is sells for 120K
    I buy B for 130K and pay the difference of 10K from savings.

Can I then transfer the mortgage over from A to B and continue payments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

I already own a property ( neg equity of course) lets call it Property A and I want to buy another, Property B for a similar price of the property A (current value in neg equity)

Question is 
    Is it possible to sell Property A and buy B while transferring the mortgage From A to Property B. 

For example 
    Existing mortgage is 210
    Say property A is sells for 120K
    I buy B for 130K and pay the difference of 10K from savings.

Can I then transfer the mortgage over from A to B and continue payments?

Hi Colonel_McCoy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.ie

It would be advisable to discuss the options with one of our mortgage advisers. You can get information on our mortgages, request a call back or arrange a meeting with an adviser here.

You can also call 0818 200 339 to speak to one of our mortgage advisers, they are available from 8am – 8pm (Monday – Friday) and from 10am-2pm on Saturdays.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Thanks for the reply, was hoping for general is may be possible or a defintie no

Advertisement