Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Bulben Route Advice

Options
  • 10-08-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I’m up in Sligo for the Fleadh later this week and , as well as imbibing the ceol agus craic I fancy taking in a hike up to the summit of Ben Bulben.

I’ve been around Ben a good few times but I’ve yet to venture up to the summit so I’m looking for some route advice.

I’ll be doing it 2 of my kids (a 15yr and 10yr old). They’re pretty trail hardy for a couple of city dwellers but I obviously need to take them into account when planning my route

I’m also aware of the issues with landowners and rights of way so I don’t fancy getting chased down the Ben by a shotgun wielding farmer.

Thanks in advance and all tips and advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There's an established path up the Ben on Irishtrails.ie which should sort you out. Just be sure to bring wind proofs as the west takes a hammering from the wind.

Advertisement