Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy house in Saggart

Options
  • 10-08-2015 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Good people,

I am looking for buying a 4 bed semi-detached house in Saggart.

We are a young family with one kid and looking for nice and quite area to live. This house is a new construction with good energy rating.

1. Do you know if Saggart is a good area to live for raising a family and also if there are any good schools both primary/secondary in this area?

2. Currently I am renting in Leopardstown and paying 1450 rent for a two bed apartment. Do you think is it worth buying an apartment (3 bed) in D18 (or south Dublin) or a house in Saggart which almost cost the same?

Would appreciate any advise/suggestion.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I would say buy the three-bed apartment in Dublin 18 and enjoy the quality of life. I have friends who live between the Citywest Shopping centre and Saggart, and the level of anti-social behaviour is quite high. The choice of schools is less and more distant and also the schools tend to have a higher level of disadvantaged students, which soaks up time and resources. There is a Luas line to Saggart but it is a very long journey to the city centre and again subject to more anti-social behaviour.

Long term, the family size apartment in Dublin 18 will increase in value more than a house in Saggart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_killer

Thanks Larbre34 :)

Much appreciated, I would agree with your suggestion. I had a look around the Saggart area myself but didn't get the same feel compared to D18 (or South Dublin) so thought of asking for suggestions to firm up my decision :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,830 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lived in between City West shopping centre and Saggart village for a while a few years ago. Granted I lived there before the Luas went out that far but the area is pretty bland. City West SC is also rubbish.

Sandyford is not exactly bustling either (especially at night), but you are only 25 minutes from the city centre (as well as areas like Ranelagh and Dundrum) and have much better amenities closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_killer

Cheers awec much appreciated :) totally agree!

Advertisement