If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 46“ TV

Options
  • 10-08-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a new TV. Not madly into having the latest or the best TV but obviously want the best one I can get for my budget.

I see you have a number of TVs around the 500 pound mark, which is what I'm looking to spend. I'm looking for around a 46 to 48 inch TV.

Is the PANASONIC VIERA TX47AS740B the best of the bunch at that price or would you recommend something else?

Do you have many of the Panasonic in stock? Do you charge in euro and if so can you give me a price including delivery to Dublin (my credit card provider charges a fee for currency conversion).

Thanks very much

Edit: I see it appears to be on amazon (through hughes and hughes) with free delivery for 479.

Second edit : the richer sounds. Com website has the TV I mentioned in my original mail. The . ie site doesn't seem to have it....

I was comparing the wrong model on amazon. Do you have two separate websites, one for Ireland and one for UK??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Also looking at the SAMSUNG
    UE48H6400. It's listed on your .ie site at 549 sterling, price guaranteed. When I change to euro, no price is given but it is also price guaranteed. 549 is about 780 euro.

Pixmania website appears to have the TV at 647 euro plus 26 delivery. Can you give me a price including delivery to Dublin on this in euro?

Thanks again.

Last question!

Very much pushing the boat out on my budget, but just wondering about the LG
    49UF770V. I see again that it is price matched or guaranteed, it appears to be cheaper on amazon.

Just wondering again on best price delivered to Dublin.

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi folks,

Looking for a new TV.  Not madly into having the latest or the best TV but obviously want the best one I can get for my budget.  

I  see you have a number of TVs around the 500 pound mark, which is what I'm looking to spend.  I'm looking for around a 46 to 48 inch TV.

Is the PANASONIC VIERA TX47AS740B the best of the bunch at that price or would you recommend something else?  

Do you have many of the Panasonic in stock?  Do you charge in euro and if so can you give me a price including delivery to Dublin (my credit card provider charges a fee for currency conversion).

Thanks very much

Edit:  I see it appears to be on amazon (through hughes and hughes) with free delivery for 479.

Second edit :  the richer sounds. Com website has the TV I mentioned in my original mail.  The . ie site doesn't seem to have it....  

I was comparing the wrong model on amazon.  Do you have two separate websites, one for Ireland and one for UK??
    Wersal,

apologies for the delay getting back to you:

The 47As650 really is a pretty exceptional TV for the spends and if it was me that's what I would go for if I was looking for a top quality TV for under £500 - its available to purchase online for ROI delivery on the Richer Sounds Ireland website here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200528-viera-tx47as650b.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Wersal,

The 47As650 really is a pretty exceptional TV for the spends and if it was me that's what I would go for if I was looking for a top quality TV for under £500 - its available to purchase online for ROI delivery on the Richer Sounds Ireland website here:

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John,

I think I might prefer a 2015 model tv... Why exactly I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on the other two models I mentioned?

What is the cheapest 4k tv with the in screen variable dimming feature? *

I am around the start entry point for the 4k tvs, but having done a small bit of research I think I'd want this dimming features and hdmi 2 if I went that way.

* local dimming (just looked up the title)

Also looking at the SAMSUNG
    UE48H6400.  It's listed on your .ie site at 549 sterling, price guaranteed.  When I change to euro, no price is given but it is also price guaranteed. 549 is about 780 euro.

Pixmania website appears to have the TV at 647 euro plus 26 delivery.   Can you give me a price including delivery to Dublin on this in euro?  

Thanks again.
    Wersal,

the 48H6400 is a model that we don't ship into the ROI at the moment.

Pixmania do stock A UE48H6400 however its a different model to the UK / IRL Samsung model and it doesn't have the same tuner on board - do be careful and check this out!

Back soon!,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Last question!

Very much pushing the boat out on my budget, but just wondering about the LG
    49UF770V.  I see again that it is price matched or guaranteed,  it appears to be cheaper on amazon.  

Just wondering again on best price delivered to Dublin.

Thanks.
    Wersel,

apologies - I'm trying to respond to each of your posts quickly, but I just keep getting interrupted! :o

The 49UF770 does appear on Amazon.co.uk slightly cheaper than out £799 price ( its £754 on Amazon) but they don't deliver to Ireland and it only includes a 12 month warranty whilst we include a 6 year warranty on that model as standard included in our £799 price AND delivery to the ROI.

If you look at the pricing on the euro site we are at just €1089 ( about the same as the Amazon price when converted) on the 49LF770 but we included a 6 year warranty and delivery anywhere in Ireland - to be fair to us its only fair if you compare like for like offers?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Wersal,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John,

I think I might prefer a 2015 model tv...  Why exactly I'm not sure.  

Any thoughts on the other two models I mentioned?  

What is the cheapest 4k tv with the in screen variable dimming feature?  *

I am around the start entry point for the 4k tvs, but having done a small bit of research I think I'd want this dimming features and hdmi 2 if I went that way.

* local dimming (just looked up the title)
    what is the minimum size you are looking at or is screen size not critical?

ATVB,

John Mc

ATVB,

John Mc

Thanks again John

Apologies if I'm not comparing like with like, not intending to come across like that. I'm confusing myself to be honest just trying to compare the tvs to one and other.

I would like a 46 inch TV, but could go to 48 or 49. Equally I suppose I could get a 43 in the Sony, but would prefer not to go to 43.

Not sure 4k is worth it really for what I'd be using, but if I was going 4k I'd want a half decent spec. You reckon that VIERA tv for 699 euro is the business anyway, as good a picture quality as the 2015 various models that are around the 700 to 900 bracket? (I could stretch to 1100 euro if I felt I was getting an exceptional tv or value or a deal or whatever, but again not sure it's necessary).

ATVB,

John Mc

Thanks again John

Apologies if I'm not comparing like with like, not intending to come across like that.  I'm confusing myself to be honest just trying to compare the tvs to one and other.

I would like a 46 inch TV, but could go to 48 or 49.  Equally I suppose I could get a 43 in the Sony, but would prefer not to go to 43.

Not sure 4k is worth it really for what I'd be using, but if I was going 4k I'd want a half decent spec.   You reckon that VIERA tv for 699 euro is the business anyway,  as good a picture quality as the 2015 various models that are around the 700 to 900 bracket?  (I could stretch to 1100 euro if I felt I was getting an exceptional tv or value or a deal or whatever, but again not sure it's necessary).
    No problem - TV specs are a minefield at the moment with so many issues and specifications to compare - and that's before you look at the comparative quality of the brands!

4K is where its at at the moment, even though 4K contact is scarce - however as with most new tech you do get what you pay for - so a budget 4K TV wont always be better than a decent 1080P TV, just because its 4K ! I've seen a few damn awful 4K TV's this season, especially when they are trying to upscale non 4K content ( and that's before we get to how awful some of them sound).

However the 47AS650 at €699 - whilst its a great buy it doesn't compare to some €1100 TV's - but if you could truly push the boat out and stretch to €1099 - you would get a pretty A M A Z I N G 4K Pana - the TX50CX680 - have a look at the latest What HiFi Review on the 40CX680 here:
    http://www.whathifi.com/panasonic/tx-40cx680b/review

The 50CX680 is available online including delivery and 6 year warranty here:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201309-viera-tx50cx680b.aspx

..and again its outstanding value in Yoyo - it actually works out cheaper to grab it in Richer Ireland rather than in the UK at the moment!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thank you John,

I will have a ponder and get back to you.

Just in relation to another person's post just now, is this TV eligible for the cash back as well? Would make the decision a lot easier! (assuming the T&Cs would allow an Irish person enter etc).

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Thank you John,

I will have a ponder and get back to you.

Just in relation to another person's post just now, is this TV eligible for the cash back as well?  Would make the decision a lot easier!  (assuming the T&Cs would allow an Irish person enter etc).

Thanks again.
    There's no cashback deal on the 50CX680 at the moment as far as I am aware, the CX802 does have a cashback deal and that one is open to any Customer from the ROI or UK....

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.